[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are any of you doing therapy or taking psychiatric medication?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 1430151188840.gif (2 MB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1430151188840.gif
2 MB, 150x150
Are any of you doing therapy or taking psychiatric medication? How's it working for you?

Therapy doesn't really help me, my therapist is way too "liberal" about things, for lack of a better word. I tell him I'm failing school and can't stop myself from sleeping in all day and I have no motivation to do anything, and he tells me that there's nothing wrong with any of that and I can't force myself to be something I'm not. But if I can't change myself, why am I in therapy at all?

I'm on 4 mg of Abilify right now, it helps a lot with the hallucinations and my depression. I'm diagnosed with schizoaffective and general anxiety disorder. I tried SSRIs a few times but they always made it impossible to cum. I wanna be put on Wellbutrin as an add-on for depression and to quit smoking, but my doctor say it'll just make my anxiety worse.
>>
>>24499454
You can take more than one pill, id ask about Xanax if you dont mind being addicted to it, but dont take much of it if youre trying to stay awake.
>>
>>24499484
My doctor's way too conservative with prescribing me anything, she would never give me Xanax. Every time I want to be put on just an anti-depressant or something it's always this two month long uphill battle because she thinks it'll make me manic or something. Ironically the only time I ever got manic was when she pulled me off my Zoloft/Risperdal cold turkey for no reason and I had to be hospitalized.
>>
Second year in psychotherapy. It keeps me from becoming paranoid (as I can check my thoughts with a living being) but no positives beyond that. Considering quitting before I apply for third.

I'm on 150mg bupropion after several attempts with SSRIs. It's a mild stimulant. Basically gives me a few random mood boosts a day and makes me need less sleep, coping well with 5-6 hours. I have mixed feelings about this, it's "good" to have more energy but I'm happiest asleep.
>>
I used to take an antidepressant but it made me a zombie, I was much more stable but I didn't get the highs as well as the lows, just flat nothing
Made me feel a lot less empathetic and...soulless, did you know many mass shooters have been on antidepressants? I stopped
Talk therapy doesn't seem to be helping much for me either, but having someone to vent all my crazy shit to that has to listen is better than nothing, it has helped a little bit
>>
>>24499551

Bupropion doesn't do that by the way. It's just energy. I'm the poster above you. I've had your symptoms.
>>
File: 1430619413427.jpg (56 KB, 478x640) Image search: [Google]
1430619413427.jpg
56 KB, 478x640
>>24499551
Antidepressants are nothing compared to antipsychotics; antipsychotics make you too sleepy to do anything but lie in bed all day and you walk around with this tired zombie shuffle and you can't feel any emotion whatsoever, like nothing. Some people believe that they don't even actually treat psychosis, they just make your brain too tired to be psychotic.
>>
File: 1448316460737.jpg (28 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1448316460737.jpg
28 KB, 720x720
>>24499454
i've tried numerous SSRI's,some SNRI's some TCA's, a MAOi some atypical antipsychotics and some other unique meds like buspar, either no reaction or a bad reaction to all of them.
the only meds that have done anything good for me are clonazepam and gabapentin

current psychiatry is a joke, i've wasted years of my life when I could've just ordered benzos on the internet and would have gotten an equal amount of relief.
>>
On my third set of medication so far and I'm 20. Was thrown onto Lovan at the age of 16. Now I'm on desvenlafaxine (50mg) and oxazepam (15mg), but now they want to throw me onto more because of disorganized thoughts, intrusive thoughts which don't originate from my consciousness, and episodic delusions which resulted in me dropping out of university, getting off my medication, and convinced they were trying to poison me with what they were giving me. Even in my non-delusional states, I wonder how far from the truth it really is. Still stuck sleeping 14+ hours most days. I don't know.

On my fourth psych now. 1st one was the best, 2nd one had to refer me to somebody else because he said he felt too underqualified to be of assistance, 3rd and most recent have been alright. Eh.
>>
>>24499620
Honestly keep thinking about getting some research chems off the internet and using that for my depression once I get the money. My doctor's ridiculously conservative and won't let me try anything. I tell her how awful I feel every week (she makes me see her every week for no reason) and she just nods and smiles and she doesn't make any changes to my medication.
>>
>>24499454
Better off with a shrink that aligns with cbt
>>
>>24499815
not a bad idea
there are quite a few benzo analogues you can buy if that's what you need, clonazolam and etizolam are fairly cheap and common, clonazolam is comparable to cloanzepam, etizolam doesn't really have a comparable equivalent. theres also one thats similar to diazepam with a chlorine molecule, but i've only seen it on UK vendor websites

you can analogues of just about everything, entheogenic phenethylamines might be a good place to look for dealing with depression, although you need to be careful with them
substituted tryptamines might help with depression/anxiety through some sort of introspective revelation

another thing to consider is MXE, a ketamine analogue, ketamine is currently being researched in the treatment of depression, scientists believe it has to do with increased neuroplasticity due to NMDA antaogonism, which is the same mechanism MXE works on. So it could be effective
>>
>>24499454

NAC
Sarcosine
Alpha GPC
Omega 3's
Curcumin
Vitamins

That right there is my patented recipe for keeping the crazies away.

I'm bipolar with social anxiety but it should help with lots of things like autism, OCD, depression, inflammation, fibromyalgia, schizophrenia and general anxiety.

Everything is over the counter and fairly cheap, definitely in comparison to pharmaceutical drugs.
>>
>>24499962
If you want to try an NMDA antagonist, you should look into memantine. It has some very useful properties because it acts as a ligand to seal the NMDA receptor's calcium ion channels. It has a higher affinity for the receptor than magnesium and therefore is protective against neurotoxicity but it still allows the receptors to function normally if a high enough voltage is achieved.

It's a good mix with stimulants because it reduces tolerance build up and protects against neurotoxicity. Great for combining with adderall.
>>
>>24499454
>he tells me that there's nothing wrong with any of that and I can't force myself to be something I'm not

Ahaha. Finally, someone who relates what therapists are telling to people honestly and not obliquely, 'oh they just help you consider thing from perspectives you might have not considered'.

Kudos, anon.
>>
i was on olanzapin for a year because weed made me schizo. it helped me alot. i was a little sleepy at the start but after 6 month i was back to normal. i dont know if its called olanzapin in the usa too but its worth a try if you have a schizoid dissorder.
>>
File: 675699535.png (807 KB, 800x556) Image search: [Google]
675699535.png
807 KB, 800x556
>he doesn't have the mental fortitude to do cognitive behavioral therapy on himself
>>
>>24499516
Psychiatrists are fucking loons tbhfamily. Either prescribe you to the full dosage so they dont have to deal with you or dont give you anything. Its a lose-lose.
>>
>>24500537
I've been doing this lately

it helps a ton

I'm considering adding an enthogen (probably MDMA or MDA) to make it a tad bit more efficient
>>
>>24500573
You can only do MDMA once every month or so, otherwise it fucks you up?
MDA is worse.

Unless I'm missing something
>>
>>24500573
>enthogen (probably MDMA or MDA)

As long as you don't pretend that it makes you anything but literally dumber.
>>
>>24500590
I'd rather be a happy down syndrome than a sad robot
>>
File: 1428700153051.jpg (10 KB, 575x540) Image search: [Google]
1428700153051.jpg
10 KB, 575x540
>>24499604
tfw your doctor already has you on a strong antipsy and hes still trying to push more crippling meds on you
>>
>>24500587
Yeah, they both release too many monoamines. It's not good to overwork your circuits too often or they begin to adapt to the drug's effects.
>>
>>24500590
I'm not saying it will make me smarter

MDMA has been getting attention as a therapy 'enhancer' because it allows you to consider memories with a more positive viewpoint therefore allowing you to accept it more readily, it pretty much just speeds up the typical therapy process
>>
>>24499454
Have OCD and depression, doing therapy but I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I only go once a week (expensive af, can barely afford that much) for an hour and not much is accomplished. At this rate it will probably take years before anything changes. if it's even possible to change anything at all.
>>
>>24500661
This is literally Orwellian.

>Hey, this memory of yours, it's been good not bad!

This society stops getting crazy, it begins to be scary.
>>
>>24500704
You have a point, but tbqh I would rather have false but comfortable memories than real disturbing ones.
>>
>>24500704
there are unhealthy ways of handling memories that you sometimes have to work through because they're crippling your life and leaving you in sweats after every nightmare or flashback

you can't seriously say that this is an enjoyable way to live or that one shouldn't take steps to deal with things better
>>
>>24500704
it's not going to make you think that losing your friend while you were fighting in a war, or getting brutally abused are 'good' things
it just makes you more likely to accept them

I'm not saying it's ethically sound, but its not complete thought engineering, we're not quite there yet
>>
>>24500735
Mm.

>>24500748
You are aware that literally all brainwashing is going to tell you that it is your own personal choice? 'You have the power to choose that this early experience of yours means nothing, you are completely free to forget about it, you are in absolute charge of deciding that you should live in the present and forget about your flaws...'

Holy shit.
>>
>>24500772
>it just makes you more likely to accept them
>just

Free will, AGAIN. And >>24500783, AGAIN.

'You are in complete control of what you get from this therapeutic process. It depends on you whether you [hint, hint] just choose to accept this experience[/hint, hint], or not. If you don't want to [hint, hint]decide that you should forget your tormentors[/hint, hint], you can. It's all about your own choices.'
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.