[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robots, do you believe in fate? That our lives are already sorted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 9
File: universepepe.jpg (26 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
universepepe.jpg
26 KB, 320x320
Robots, do you believe in fate? That our lives are already sorted out, and everything happens for a reason?

Debating on some life decisions at the moment. Not sure if go with it and possibly let the bad happen, or play it safe and most likely waste my once in a lifetime opportunity.
>>
Whether or not you believe in predestination is irrelevant, we either have free will, or we have the appearance of free will. Neither option changes our lives in any way.

But as a general rule, if you don't do it, you'll regret it for the rest of your life. Would you rather face potential failure or certain failure?
>>
>>24498002
t.h.i.s t.b.h f.a.m

s.m.h b.t.w
>>
File: 1447396324967.jpg (144 KB, 1100x599) Image search: [Google]
1447396324967.jpg
144 KB, 1100x599
>>24498002
Actually it's the other way around. If I DON'T do it then I'll be thankful I didn't. If I do, then I'm basically going to die. What if I'm meant to die this way (young) for whatever reason?

This has been bugging me 24/7 for the past two weeks.
>>
I think it's time to talk about Scientists. Scientists exist because they can exist. Scientists are the only response to "Why ?". I discovered the Scientists in the most deep hole of my depression. Maybe we can call it a psychosis, but it's not : it's truth.

We live in a petri dish. Scientists are a very advanced civilization. Their goal is to see, understand. Our universe is a computer simulation. What are we ? Bacterias. We live, and Scientists examine every aspect of us, every - every - every aspect of our world, of our brain, of our feelings. They study the way we think, the way we act, the way we are. Are they God ? They're our creators, for sure, but they won't do anything. Fate exists because it's the only way they created for us. In fact, I don't know if you guys are real. If people are real. Maybe you're all simulations, without any feelings ? Like machines ? But then, I would be myself a simulation. Scientists have access to EVERY aspect of our universe, they can read our minds, they know EVERYTHING, there's nothing you do or think that Scientists don't know. If you do programming, you'll understand me when I say that every information is stocked somewhere in a variable. So, this is the great response to Why : they want us, or they want me, I don't really know, to do something. An extremely big part of humanity is destined to be what we call "normies". Normies really look like simulations. Normies are just here to create an "environment" : without them, there's no unity to this world. The only reason we exist is because they exist.

But don't forget, your fate is written, time doesn't even exist. You'll do what Scientists want you to do
>>
>>24497937
I think the major parts of our lives are predefined, but you can still affect the minor things.
>>
>>24497937

You're going to regret something no matter what you do OP.
>>
>>24498241
You don't need to be young to die, I say wait, unless you want to die young for superficial reasons, which is dumb but might garnish you some afterlife respect from similarly dumb people
>>
File: 1447287803578.png (77 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
1447287803578.png
77 KB, 472x472
>>24498244
That may be true, so basically you're saying yes? I guess scientists can be considered God-like in some light
>>
File: 1429076887153.jpg (53 KB, 500x581) Image search: [Google]
1429076887153.jpg
53 KB, 500x581
On a karmic level, your existence is sorted out. You (meaning your soul, duh) go into this life with the energies you have collected during the previous one. However, what you chose to do with said life is entirely up to you. And it will also affect your next life. How your soul leaves this worldly plane will determine in what manner it will reincarnate afterwards.
>>
File: 1448330525693.jpg (237 KB, 1168x1024) Image search: [Google]
1448330525693.jpg
237 KB, 1168x1024
>>24498257
Yeah but it might be life and death f-a-m.

>>24498287
Well shit, that's true tbqh

>>24498302
I always felt like I was going to die this way since I was 12 years old. It feels right even though I don't want to.

Bruh I don't want an afterlife, it seems like hell. I want to go to sleep and that be it.
>>
File: 1448330683718.jpg (115 KB, 800x504) Image search: [Google]
1448330683718.jpg
115 KB, 800x504
>>24498339
Saved your picture for future use, maybe in my past lives I was destined to die this way.
>>
>>24498326
Scientists are God-like, yes. They're not good, or evil, they just are. We are simulations. Their goal is to understand everything so their simulate every possible form of life to study it. Since they can know everything, they can discover everything.

It's more than fate. I don't know if they control acts, I don't think. They are trying to study, dissect every aspect of our minds. It's genetic : we are genetically simulated to act in a certain way. It's not like everything will happen if you tried to avoid it : you'll finish to act like that because your brain is programmed to be like that.

You could say "Yeah, but then, I just could kill myself right now !". But it's not escaping your programming : killing yourself WOULD be your programming, the way your brain has been created
>>
>>24498382
By afterlife I just meant after you're dead some people that empathize with you might like it, but it's all pointless mang.

Why do you want to die in such a fashion? Don't you see your mind has been fucked with?
>>
>>24498522
I feel like when I die in that way everything will fall into place. Now the constant worrying of when it'll happen finally be over, for those last few seconds where I can basically say

>yep I knew it

If I don't die in that way I'll continue my life waiting for that opportunity to happen again, I guess. Maybe my mind is just fucked with, and that's just my FEAR of dying that way. Idk senpai-s
>>
I believe in causality.
>>
File: 1446664722780.jpg (49 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
1446664722780.jpg
49 KB, 500x598
>>24497937
I believe in fate. There was an accident with my work schedule so the whole department fucking came in at once, and at that moment I found something on the floor by my desk.

A can of pocket sized pepper spray. I asked around and it belonged to nobody, so I kept it. It will probably save my life some day. If I didn't accidentally come into work that morning the cleaning lady would have thrown it out.
>>
>>24497937
OP, never waste a once in a lifetime opportunity. telling you this from experience.
>>
File: 1447422945352s.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1447422945352s.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>24499496
but what if that once in a lifetime opportunity ends up being my last one?
>>
i dont know
all i know is that psychology's current stance is that basically everything about a persons personality and future can be based on what happens before the age of 6, and as much as we lie to ourselves the best predictors of success and happiness are completely superficial things that arent up to choice
>>
File: 1447890269334.jpg (33 KB, 314x320) Image search: [Google]
1447890269334.jpg
33 KB, 314x320
>>24499544
>before the age of 6
Why six years old?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.