[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Empathy is a lie, empathy gives the chaos of the world an order
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1447791768719.png (101 KB, 248x241) Image search: [Google]
1447791768719.png
101 KB, 248x241
Empathy is a lie, empathy gives the chaos of the world an order that does not exist outside our own perception of right and wrong.
Welcome to the /SelectiveEmpathyMasterrace/
>>
File: ¦3.png (1 KB, 33x33) Image search: [Google]
¦3.png
1 KB, 33x33
oh, i know the feeling man
>>
>friend keeps bashing himself and being insecure
>tell him to stop memeing
>get called unempathetic
Is empathy the same as hugboxing? I mean I can understand what people are feeling but I hate useless insecurity and being depressed all the time. Apparently trying to lighten the mood by making jokes is also unempathetic. Stupid normies.
>>
>>24496584
Not really, sympathy is however. Once you figure out when and how to show sympathy you will be more socially acceptable. Empathy is more about being able to relate to another persons experiences from their frame of reference.
>>
>>24496584
Jokes are alright but I think it's the normies who are the ones that get mad at people who feel stuck in an impossible situation.
I can be like this and to you it's like endless whining but to me what I'm experiencing is like an endless battle. There is nothing you can say to make it just go away. The best thing is to avoid talking about it altogether.
>>
>>24496619
I think I know how to show my sympathies and I used to do it, but with the people I'm talking about it just all feels like complimenting them just feeds their egos. They stop it for a while and then it comes to back to fishing for attention and comparing themselves to other people constantly.

After meeting people like this often (most people I've added online are like this by the way, I wonder why...) it's just come down to joking about their vain problems regarding their looks or personalities in a condescending manner and tell them to stop self-pitying.

How can I say all this without being regarded as an asshole?

>>24496647
Depression I can understand. Insecurity is just annoying.
>>
>>24496829
The solution I have is just stop feeding their normie hunger for attention. These kinds of people feed on the sympathy they get from other normies for being the more troubled individual.
Just learn to enjoy their apparent misery, because most normies don't know what its like to live with actual depression or insecurity. Use it as a source to make yourself better.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.