[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question: Why don't they make zippers on pants pockets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
Serious question: Why don't they make zippers on pants pockets standard?

Are zipper pockets autistic?

I don't care, I prefer to wear pants with at least 1 zipper pocket so I can put important things in there and make sure I don't lose them. Its so easy for things to accidentally slide out of your pockets, and so makes sense to zip them up.

Also, I wonder what people on vacation do when they go int he ocean, or even the hotel pool. Do they put their keys in their shoes hoping no one steals them. I would just find some shorts with mesh zipper pockets, put all my stuff in a ziplock back in my pocket. Physical keys in a bag inside the bag so it doesn't tear my pocket.
>>
File: hooded seirra fleece jacket.jpg (8 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
hooded seirra fleece jacket.jpg
8 KB, 300x300
just get a jacket with a pocket on the sleeve, pic related. I have one kinda like that
>>
>>24494180
Yea, what if its Tee shirt weather, or you hang up your jacket inside?
>>
>>24494225
well then idk what to tell you
I just use it for my lighter
>>
How loose are your trousers or do you just walk around on your hands?
>>
>>24494225
>>24494153
You might legitimately be autistic
>>
>>24494153
Zipper pockets is the single most autistic thing on this planet, get a grip OP
>>
>>24494473
>>24494816
OP here, I do in fact have aspergers.

Doesn't mean I'm wrong though.

I recognize things that are stupidly impractical, like pockets you can easily lose things from, pant legs that drag on the ground when you walk, small trash cans where you have to tough the lid to open it touching the water faucet handle with dirty hands then touching the same handle to turn it off, putting your dirty clothes in the washer and pulling them out through the same opening they touched... also sort of a germaphobe I guess.
>>
>>24495063
OP, in terms of practicality, you are absolutely right.
However, normies and normie society as a whole is mainly focused on fashion rather than being practical.
Hence why women's clothes lack pockets and most high end clothes are, on one hand, silky enough to drape over the body form nicely, but on the other, so delicate as to rip if thrown in the wrong washing machine.
So it's up to you to either create clothing that is more practical to you and be shunned even further by normies, or fall in line.
I would choose the former
>>
File: image.jpg (281 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
281 KB, 1200x1200
Just get one of these bad boys
>>
>>24495276
well desu I mostly wear sweatpants with zipper pockets nowadays, shorts when its warm- got some with zipper side pockets, some with a button back pocket. But I make sure to wear nice looking ones that fit good and look like inconspicuous casual wear. This meets my 3 criteria for comfortable and practical pants: Elastic waistband, cuffed pant legs that stop right above low top shoes, and at least one secure pocket. Quality of life significantly improved compared to when I would have to roll up my pants or tuck them into socks to keep them from dragging on the ground- and they still would come loose and do it anyway.

The baggy ones with cargo pockets I have relegated to sleepwear (I don't have heating so when it gets cold I just put on 2 layers of sweatpants and thermal shirts to sleep cozy).

>>24495305
my mother literally uses this type of purse. For me though wearing a fanny pack like that would feel more uncomfortable than wearing too large jeans with a belt. Also hate carrying a backpack everywhere. When I do need more space to carry things. I use a "sling bag" which is like a tiny half backback you wear strapped over one shoulder, or this other little thing I wear like a purse but which looks like a soft lunch box.
>>
>>24495063
See man that's the thing. It IS practical and it should be used, however normies care more about fashion than practicality, and zippers just aren't fashionable.

Who are the real autists? Still us, but at least we're in the right
>>
File: 1424924525600.png (352 KB, 487x498) Image search: [Google]
1424924525600.png
352 KB, 487x498
>>24494153
>when they go int he ocean

autism
>>
Yep that's super autistic
>>
File: money-belt.jpg (32 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
money-belt.jpg
32 KB, 400x299
>>24495305

Get a money belt.

Its like a fanny pack, but not fucking stupid.
>>
File: IMG_0208.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0208.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>24495421
>zipper pockets
>particularly back wallet pocket
>fit gud
>elastic waistband (can't always eat, amirite?)
>cuffed legs 2 avoid unnecessary wear etc
>low top shoes recently purchased in winter for summer use
>soft lunchbox purse bag

BONUS:
>shaved head
>beanie tho brr
>black sweatshirt(s)

2015 Neet Fall Catalogue
>>
>>24494153
Because that's very much autistic and most people are fine with the security of pockets. Levi jeans with the hidden tech pocket is probably the most socially acceptable zipper on pants you could wear
>>
>>24494153
I wear cargo pants and shorts. Not losing my wallet and phone are more important than being fashionable to a society that would still reject me anyway.
>>
>all these people suggesting zippers
>mfw you shitlords don't even use them
Zippers easily get caught on hair and shit if they're metal. You don't want that shit scraping your hands. Plastic zippers easily fuck up, and even metal ones don't take long before you break them.

Velcro pockets might make more sense, but velcro also has a stickiness life.

Why would you even want a way to enclose pockets? The only time something has fallen out of my pockets was when I wore 2-4 sizes too large pants and I had something slippery like a dumbphone. It is literally not easy for stuff to slip out unless your pants are oversized.
>>
Nike tech fleece haze zipper pants / zipper hoodies
>>
>>24495935

You look sexy. Show us some more photos.
>>
>>24497377
too early here for judging rn f.a.m.
>>
File: non0autisistic.jpg (234 KB, 880x704) Image search: [Google]
non0autisistic.jpg
234 KB, 880x704
i/m pretty sure you can get pants with hidden zipper pockets
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.