[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice for young men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 200x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 200x192
You might learn something by watching this video.

http://youtu.be/VJad0zj3jg4

>mfw nobody will watch the whole thing
>>
>>24492711
I was already subscribed to this guy
>>
>13 minutes

Nigga I'm watching Frasier
>>
>>24492711
seen this here video 'bout a thousand times
>>
>>24492756
Eyy, there you go
>>
>16, 17, 18
So this is the underage thread
>>
>>24492943
Young as in under the age of 50 and above 18
>>
>>24492711

>watching this video literally in the last week of my bullshit 4 year degree

JUST
>>
>>24493110
Well, at least you'll always have a degree to fall back on. If you can't get a career in your field, perhaps take a look at the trades. It's a well paying option that many smart people neglect to consider when choosing a path out of high school.
>>
>>24493110
regardless of the degree, you need a skill and a way to show it
>>
File: CAfvpMhUcAAYfwR.jpg (23 KB, 415x368) Image search: [Google]
CAfvpMhUcAAYfwR.jpg
23 KB, 415x368
>>24492711
>But I don't want to learn math.

>>That's okay, Calculus is hard but not needed for a lot of trade jobs.

>No, I mean multiplying and dividing.
>>
>>24493524
Chances are you have a calculator on your phone. That can serve you for most every math problem you'll encounter in daily life.
>>
>>24492711
>learn a trade meme
Nah, if you live in a first world country, you're in a service based economy that's tipping more and more away from manufacturing. You need to learn to provide a service. Let the poor and dumb people make shit.

Unless you are dumb, and are aware enough to realize it. Then, by all means, learn a trade. Do something like this ausfag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt20qj1DHpc
>>
>>24493887
Who builds your bridges? Maintains your roads? Built, plumbed and wired your house? Tradesmen. Guess what, that workforce is getting old and temporary foreign workers are too technically inept to outsource that problem. We need smart, hard workers to keep North America strong.
>>
>>24493996
Literally all of that is done by machines or factories, or is shifting towards machine or factory built. Even homes are moving more towards prefabrication and modularity. You want to pick up a trade that's going to be gone in 20 years? That's fine, you can do that. But don't complain when your livelihood is gone and you have no alternatives.
>>
>>24494079
What about the infrastructure and millions of buildings already in place? Someone is going to have to maintain those. Regarding prefabrication, there's a certain extent to which things can built by machine. Perhaps long into the future that might not be the case certainly not in 20 years. At the moment I'm pretty content with the way the industry is going.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.