[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on happiness? All my life I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: work.png (325 KB, 448x467) Image search: [Google]
work.png
325 KB, 448x467
What's your opinion on happiness?
All my life I've been brainwashed into thinking that I have no other choice but to finish my education and land a good paying job. Honestly, that sounds alright to me, but will it ever make me happy? I really don't want to be some bum or a drifter, but I also don't want to wake up one morning and realize there's no going back.
>>
>>24492543
Focus on improving yourself in all aspects familia.
Then even if you are still unhappy, you'll still have interests.
>>
Happiness doesn't exist.
>>
I spent most of my life doing what other people expected me to do and I was miserable.
>quit my job
>dumped the roastie who was leeching money from me
>dropped out of society
>spend all day in a dark apartment
>do freelance programming for a living
>closest to happy I've ever been
>>
>>24492543
mostly dependent on your relationships with other people.
>>
>>24492543
Try smaller. I'm happy with relaxing and having a nice breakfast or something. If you wait worrying about the perfect life, you're gonna spend a lot longer in a state of dissatisfaction.
>>
>>24492835
Overall would you say that you came out ahead?
>>
If I had money I'd be happy, but I'm too lazy to make it
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 245x196) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 245x196
>>24492543
Just do what you want! It's not like anything matters really, silly! So so just do fun stuff'
>>
Other people told me to do things and I did them for awhile. Then I eventually stopped doing the things because they told me to do them and started doing different things because I wanted to do those instead.

I recommend it. The things is, going to school, being fit, being sociable is awesome. It's fun. If someone is "pressuring" you to do these things, I have to tell you something: they're on to something. Being a normie is fucking great.
>>
A warm bed, full belly, and the knowledge it will most likely be that way tomorrow.
>>
Years after finishing school and working in a tertially related "foot in the door" job, I basically landed my dream job a few months ago.

Feels k. It's weird when you build up this mythical thing and then in the end it's still a job. Very surreal.

I do like it a lot though, and it makes the years when I felt like I was going nowhere and should give up feel worth it. The biggest difference vs. other jobs I have is I don't need to try to make it fun or interesting. It is already. But I do get stressed about potentially fucking it up.
>>
I think some people's brains are better "wired" to feel happiness than others.
>>
>>24493047
Could you go into greater detail about fucking it up? Is it just general paranoia?
>>
>>24492543
smug nepotistic cunt dot jpg
>>
>>24492543
Our biggest mistake is assuming that everyone is entitled to be happy. Happiness is a luxury.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.