[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Vidya you are playing or have played recently. Discuss vidya.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 16
File: 1323417159554.png (12 KB, 410x528) Image search: [Google]
1323417159554.png
12 KB, 410x528
ITT: Vidya you are playing or have played recently. Discuss vidya.
>>
File: 1446769591965.png (138 KB, 320x259) Image search: [Google]
1446769591965.png
138 KB, 320x259
>>24489452
Currently playing dark souls
Just bought bioshock 2
Yea I'm living in 2010
>>
>>24489452
heh

Warband

;)
>>
I've been playing LBX lately. Its pretty fun, combat is solid and there's lots of customization. Reminds me of Custom Robo. Makes me feel like a kid again.
>>
File: anti-mario4.jpg (318 KB, 828x1280) Image search: [Google]
anti-mario4.jpg
318 KB, 828x1280
>played through most the Pillars of Eternity DLC
I really enjoyed it and had a great time.

>playing Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
WHY IS THIS SO FUCKING GOOD
>>
>>24489452
Persona 4

Because I can be a popular japanese HS kid and date my kouhais.
>>
>Pokemon AS
I like it
Feels nice and comfy
>>
Fire emblem awakening. In a predicament though. Hard mode gets too easy and i get my ass kicked early game lunatic.
>>
Last vidya I played was MGSV. I uninstalled it in disgust and it completely turned me off to video games in general. I have not picked up another game since. Good job Kojimo.
>>
Replaying TES games in order and trying to make a dunmer family that spans across the games, trying to heavy rp the whole thing. Still on Arena now after about 40 hours this play through, I forgot how fun it was. I'll probably get bored of it midway through Morrowind though since they keep getting progressively worse after Daggerfall
>>
I'm playing Fallout 4. Originally I fucking hated Bethesda and expected the worst, especially after Skyrim, but it's probably Bethesda's best game, right up there with Morrowind, once you release your expectations and let it be the fun, fast moving shootan' and craftan' game it is meant to be.

This is also the first time I've ever been impressed by Bethesda's design decisions. I know a lot of people scream that everything about it is casualized, but many changes seem beneficial to me. I feel that people massively overrate the dialogue system in Fallout 3, for example. The system in Fallout 4 is much more fitting for a game of this type, and equally as deep; deeper in fact, in subtle ways. I mean, NPCs can now ask me why I'm standing there quietly. I can just walk away from things I don't care about mid-conversation, like I did to Piper, or prepare to pull out my gun and shoot a guy while he's running his mouth like an idiot. It's very good for this type of role playing Bethesda wants to accomplish, and vastly superior to any of their games previous.
>>
>Video games

When I grew up, I put the toys away.
>>
>>24489452

Fallout 4

I think it's pretty nice besides having all my saves corrupted but that might be because im playing with mods or the fact thats it's a cracked copy
>>
>>24490307
What ever helps you get through it mate. Personally I don't play video games I just saw your post on the front page, but I think we all have vices, if you didn't you wouldn't be here
>>
currently playing disgaea and patapon 3 on emulators. will start disgaea 2 after i finish d1, shits very cool and addicting, one character even says: enjoy being a shut in, kek
>>
File: D3_Box_Art.jpg (34 KB, 260x366) Image search: [Google]
D3_Box_Art.jpg
34 KB, 260x366
Can anyone suggest some Six Degrees Of Freedom (6DOF) games? I've been hooked on the Descent trilogy, currently going through Descent 3, but I'm having a hard time finding more games similar to it.

The only ones I can think of that've been released since Descent are Sublevel Zero and Retrovirus.
>>
File: cm2bb_3.jpg (107 KB, 1280x617) Image search: [Google]
cm2bb_3.jpg
107 KB, 1280x617
back on the eastern front once again in my all time favorite, combat mission 2: barbarossa to berlin
>>
>>24489452
The Music Machine

Dank little 5 dollar psychological on steam
It was worth the 2 hours.
>>
If only there was a board where you could discuss /v/ideo games
>>
I finished Fallout 4 and don't really have any desire to play a second character.
The only game I play consistently these days is Hearthstone. I really like card games, even if half the time it just pisses me off.
>>
File: CONSTIPATION.jpg (73 KB, 680x958) Image search: [Google]
CONSTIPATION.jpg
73 KB, 680x958
>>24490307
My thread is doing ironman numbers and I don't even care.

>>24490452
>check Steam for new releases yesterday
>some f2p Early Access Rothschild horror game
I wat'd hard.
>>
Bayonetta is a hard motherfucker to crack. I'm 14 chapters in and I'm still getting bodied like twice per level. I'm just trying to bide my time until Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out.
>>
>>24490476
This exactly, finished Fallout 4, can't get past rank 19 in hearthstone
>>
>>24489452
Pitfall: The Lost Expedition on my PS2.

There's an Idol inside the Turtle Monument. The Pillar goes back up too fast, and I can't figure out how to get back there in time to get the idol. I'm stumped.
>>
Been playing lots of hearthstone, finally managed to break rank 7
I don't care what the elitists on /vg/ say, it feels good to get there since it took a lot of time and effort
>>
File: 42267871_p0.jpg (152 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
42267871_p0.jpg
152 KB, 1280x1024
Recently started playing Neptunia V again which I haven't finished because of procrastination. And then there's VII which probably won't make it to PC ever so I'll need to worry about getting a PS4.
>>
>>24490576
I just hit rank 6 with tempo mage. If you can't get past rank 19 it's because you're playing a shitty deck, especially at this time of the month.
>>
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon now owns my life
>>
>>24489452
Tales of Zestiria on PS4.
The game is weeb trash, has a shit storyline, it's the worst of the Tales games.

But I'm 40 hours into it and it'll be over soon so I'll keep it up.
>>
>>24490243
>Tfw I've been going through all the MGS games to completion for the first time (I've goofed a bit in all before) so I can then play 5
>everyone says 5 is trash

Does 4 get fun at all? It feels like a 3rd person CoD game. (Only got to chapter 2 so far). Snake Eater was a fucking miracle of gaming. Haven't had that much fun in years.
>>
>>24490486
>My thread is doing ironman numbers
what an unoriginal faggot
>>
>>24490619
Yea I guess I don't understand what makes a good deck, seems like luck when I win. I don't feel like studying just to play a video game, it's why I stopped playing league
>>
>>24489452
is that mount and blade?
>>
>>24490638
My nigga
>tfw Poliwhirl River is kicking my ass
>>
>>24490696
As long as you still have fun that's what counts. I like winning more than anything else, so I like to learn a lot about the games that I play because game knowledge is just one of many aspects of being good at a game and it's definitely the easiest to get a handle on if you're willing to dedicate some of your time.
>>
>>24490738
yea I guess. After losing in hearthstone a bunch I started playing FTL again, got my ass kicked a couple times again. Maybe I should go back to modern warfare 2, that game was my jam
>>
File: 1432410981473.jpg (81 KB, 771x681) Image search: [Google]
1432410981473.jpg
81 KB, 771x681
I was playing Sins of a Solar Empire but I got some shitty camera bug where it kept getting "stuck" and couldn't move up or right.
>check forums/google for help
>thread posted with this issue
>in 2009
>with no replies
>another posted in 2012 with people giving vague, unhelpful suggestions that are only tangentially related to the problem in the first place, whose last reply ended with something like "nope, it didn't help. any other ideas?"
>oh well guess I'll go fuck myself

I played some FTL then instead, and beat the flagship. It was kind of an easy run, but after losing to a rebel drone with three shields, two beam drones, a missile launcher, burst laser, flak, or some other ridiculous shit in the third sector the last time I didn't care.
>>
>never beat FTL
:-(
>>
Arise chicken, arise.
>>
File: 1443593145145.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
1443593145145.png
80 KB, 500x421
I've played 3 hours of that shitty new free game, Emily is Away. Sad as fuck; my oneitis name is Emily.
>>
>>24489452
>playing L4D2 a few days ago
>get called a normie
Y-you too.
>>
Trying to get into csgo but I'm absolute trash. I'm having a hard time getting a rank because you have to win 10 games.
>>
>>24489452
DORF FORTS
>>
Just finished Life is Strange. Nice except for the underwhelming last chapter, didn't match all the buildup in the previous chapters.

Started Trails in the Sky SC now to get my jrpg weeaboo fix.
>>
>>24489452
csgo masterrace reporrting in
>>
>>24492458
Just finished SC. Not sure what to do now to fill the void.
>>
>>24492266
>voluntarily playing shit
>>
>>24492678
I heard it was okay. It's just kek simulator 2015.
>>
WoW
starcraft
WoT
planning on starting to play EUIV and HoI3 again, but all those DLCs cost way too much
>>
>fallout 4
>sly 3
>destroy all humans
>resident evil 4
>>
>>24492548
There won't be a translated TC, right? No spoilers pls, but does SC at least conclude the main plot?
>>
Gonna go back and play Oddworld.
>>
File: 1448252313481.jpg (267 KB, 776x650) Image search: [Google]
1448252313481.jpg
267 KB, 776x650
Overwatch weekend beta

I like it. Don't play many FPS games anymore, once arena FPS games died out I just found myself slowly moving away from FPS in general. I got tired of all these modern FPS games and now Overwatch and the new Unreal Tournament is giving me hope.
>>
I'm playing tropico 4 now. I was very close to finishing it when my computer broke. Now i'm playing on an old shit laptop that gets a pretty bad framerate at very low graphic setting and gets hot as fuck but it's still very fun.
I also play a little mountain blade warband and civilization 4.
I have a bunch of other games i haven't finished too.
>>
>>24490286
>NPCs can now ask me why I'm standing there quietly. I can just walk away from things I don't care about mid-conversation, like I did to Piper, or prepare to pull out my gun and shoot a guy while he's running his mouth like an idiot.

But is it worth every speech check being based only on Charisma? Is it worth having only 4 dialogue options for every conversation you'll ever have? And those options being extremely vague on what your character will actually say?
>>
>>24489452
Tomb Raider (2013)
Tits/10
>>
Black Ops 3. This is the most fun I've had with CoD since MW2. I still hate the fact that you have to unlock everything by level and then you have to spend unlock tokens to unlock your shit again. Either give me a token every time I level up that I can spend to unlock whatever I want or go back to the system where I use use this gun at level whatever.
>>
File: biochiotte infibite.jpg (140 KB, 406x576) Image search: [Google]
biochiotte infibite.jpg
140 KB, 406x576
I'm Playing Bioshock Infinite on ps3 and it fucking sucks.
It's the most boring I ever played, combats are shit, you don't feel the power of you weapons, and it's very very repetitive.
Seriously don't buy it
>>
who /xiv/ here
>>
>>24494057
Best game I ever played.
>>
>>24490307

There are games for adults too, y'know.
>>
I'm playing Simpsons Hit & Run. Literally lost all joy in playing games, this is the only game that has entertained me in a while.

Sometimes I play l4d2 with a friend, I've already done all the maps a hundred times.

I play roblox as well, I like that game. Sometimes it makes me feel as if I matter

I liked tomb raider, that was pretty fun.
>>
>>24494057
Bought it for $60, never played it until there were sales bringing it all the way down to like 5 bucks on steam, so that was really depressing. Anyway, ended up beating it recently and it was a very disappointing game. Bioshock was already a fairly casual game, but at least had a cool atmosphere and good story. Infinite is even more casualized and the atmosphere just feels forced (We were underwater the last two games, let's go up into the sky!! hurr). Also, the story was 2deep4u horseshit.
>>
I beat Dead Island Riptide for the third time, it's a terrible game.
>>
>>24494320
I think there is a lack of evolution between the first two bioshock and infinite, and it disappointed me.
But the most important problem about this game is that it's boring, and the script doesn't make you want to continue.
>>
halo 5, its probably my third favorite halo game in the series, love the new movement

gonna get diablo 3 soon cause black friday deals too
>>
Victoria 2, CKII, Starsector, and a couple others like Armored Warfare, WoT, and FFXIV to a far lesser extent as of recent. After MGSV I dont think I can truly enjoy or get hyped for many modern day games anymore
>>
File: 1391806384257.jpg (181 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1391806384257.jpg
181 KB, 800x800
Replaying Resident Evil 4 for the first time in like 8 years because /v/ wouldn't shut up about it the other day. Its fun but the game is definitely showing its age. graphics aren't bad but holy hell those controls at times. it goes from nice and smooth to FUCK WHAT AM I DOING! I'm also in the castle right now, all /v/ was doing was circlejerking to the village part and its been so long that I'm kind of rediscovering this part of the game.
>>
baten kaitos
>>
These
Ejem
>>
Been playing LoL for over 2 years atm
Hate patch 5.22 tho, really annoying
>>
>>24489616
I don't watch any anime or play any other anime games, but I loved the persona games.

Naoto best girl
>>
Shadowrun Dragonfall

>I will never be a runner taking down giant corporations
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 640x904) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 640x904
>>24489452
Playing this again for the hundredth time.
Love this game and the sequel.
>>
>>24489452
Mainy vanilla wow.
Im in /vg/'s guild
>>
>>24492330
Lower your sensitivity (mines like 400dpi and 2 ig sens) and play deathmatch against harmless bots while only aiming for their head.

Got me from silver 3 to mg2, and i was mge until i got deranked when I won 16-6
>>
>>24490340
Hey look at the only person with taste on this thread
>>
>>24492722
>starcraft

What rank are you man? What race?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_HrYheGmPM

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nss8s0avh3bsj8d/demonophobia_en.rar
>>
>>24489452
i have a PC with
>Pentium 4
>2 GB RAM
>In built Intel GPU from 11 years ago
>80 GB HDD

what games can i run on it? Literally any will do, hentai VNs, RPGs, FPS, i dont care, i am bored to the bones
>>
Playing the binding of Isaac rebirth
>>
>>24496798
You might manage Fallout on that friendo.
Also you could play Red Alert.
>>
>>24496850
>Fallout
played that

>Red Alert
i'll look into it, thanks
>>
>>24496798
VNs have really low requirements so you can just go dig one any one up from vndb that's made at least a few years ago.
>>
>>24496887
>VNs have really low requirements so you can just go dig one any one up from vndb that's made at least a few years ago.
thats great news for me, i guess i'll start with some hentai ones then
>>
>>24496922
http://visualnovel4info.blogspot.hk/2012/10/hoshizora-no-memoria-wish-upon-shooting.html

Just an example of how low the requirements are even for one made in 2009 and has a resolution 800x600.

Also, most VNs have H scenes in them; it's just a matter of how many and of how much importance they are. Nukige is commonly used to refer to those that are made mainly for your fapping pleasure. You could search that tag on vndb if you're a horny little slut.
>>
>>24497018
I think i know what i'll be doing for the next few days
Thanks a load anon
>>
>>24496770
It's shit oniichan
>>
I am strictly into old-man fightan games like KOF 98, KOF 2002, 3rd Strike, MVC2 (and other MVC fighters) and Melty Blood. I hope i am still playing KOF 98 in ten more years.
>>
>>24489452
Went back through the ps2 classics, Destroy All Humans is the shit.
>>
File: 1447986832969.jpg (588 KB, 2158x3274) Image search: [Google]
1447986832969.jpg
588 KB, 2158x3274
>>24496798
Well you have all the console games from NES to PS1, that's like a gorillion games right there

And for pc you have trillions of Good Old Games!
>>
>>24489452
having just picked up mount and blade OP's pic gave me a good chuckle
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.