[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do people "study"? I've never "studied"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: adderall XR 30 mg.jpg (26 KB, 640x374) Image search: [Google]
adderall XR 30 mg.jpg
26 KB, 640x374
How the fuck do people "study"?

I've never "studied" in my entire life, and I'd at least like to know how you guys approach it.

If you consider completing a review packet for a test/final "studying", then I guess I've done that, but I've never done anything else.
>>
Just sit down and do it
>>
>>24488303
Yeah, but that's not what I'm asking.

What do you actually "do" when you sit down to "do it".
>>
I usually just read over or re-copy my notes a few times. I memorize dates with stupid devices that I immediately forget after the test.
>>
Put on some headphones with sick bass. Play a dope beat. Study. Every now and then stop and imagine how badass you'll be after years of this shit. Continue studying.
>>
>>24488261

Make study notes of everything important.

Writing them down is enough to start.

Periodically review them in your free time.
>>
>>24488362
I do what this guy does but i listen to studying music. Cause i think about what the person is singing and shit.
>>
>>24488261
I can't just sit down and study either - I've blagged my way through a Bachelor's and Master's degree though.
>>
>>24488331
shirk all distractions and dwell on a certain concept for several hours every day. then you come to a test, or a review, and according to rote learning you'll probably know how to solve a problem cos you sat down and went over something like it a lot. thats how memory works.
>>
>>24488261
When I study, I try to first memorize facts and important information, because that's all that's really going to matter for exams and such. Then I try to understand the underlying concepts and principles and establish connections between the facts.
>>
Figure out what is you actually have to study and understand first. The break it down into manageable pieces which you slowly understand. Now put these learnt aspects together to give yourself a bigger picture of what you are supposed to know. Tell me what you are trying to learn if you want more specifics
>>
>>24488261
>review packets
that's because you're still in high school, you shouldn't need to actually study to do well
>>
>>24488261
Practice solving equations or building molecules
>>
File: 5678876543.gif (154 KB, 223x200) Image search: [Google]
5678876543.gif
154 KB, 223x200
Does adderall make anyone elses penis incredibly small and impossible to get up
I took 40mg last night and spent LITERALLY over 4 hours wacking it
>>
>>24488261
I used to be able to study in undergrad (for a test, not just as random daily work), but I can't really do it anymore. I have an exam tomorrow and I'm still working on another thing. If I'm lucky I'll sneak a couple hours of review in but I really don't have the motivation.
Missed a lot of lectures for work this half of the semester too, so it'll be a fun ride I guess.
>>
It depends on what you're studying. If you're studying medicine like me, then everything is rote memorization. The only way to memorize everything is to read over everything multiple times and test yourself to see it's really in your head.

If it's problem solving like math or physics, then you just have to do practice problems and make sure you understand the concepts. You still have to memorize certain equations but not nearly as much.
>>
>>24488261
You could try making a pretend "cheat sheet." Some of my STEM classes let us bring a paper worth of anything we want, and the act of making this sheet helps a lot, because it essentially gives you a goal of finding the most important stuff and condensing it to its smallest form, which requires better understanding.
>>
A lot of my autistic students do not understand the concept of studying.
>>
>>24488532

yeah it's called stim dick
>>
>>24488532
hook me up with some adderall senpai
>>
File: 4314324234.jpg (365 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
4314324234.jpg
365 KB, 720x720
>>24489228
I get 30 of these bad boys every month for $15
All you gotta do is ask
>>
>>24488331
solve the hardest two problems relevant to the day's lesson in the exercise section of the textbook

if I can't do that, I solve the easier problems and honestly fucking google shit until I can. I'm almost done my degree so I guess it worked.
>>
File: hola_dea_by_beanclam-d5bh506.jpg (127 KB, 720x719) Image search: [Google]
hola_dea_by_beanclam-d5bh506.jpg
127 KB, 720x719
>>24489488
Hello, DEA.
>>
>>24489609
what?
lm prescribed
>>
>>24489673
>offering schedule 2 drugs over the internet
>all you gotta do is ask, bro
>trust me, I'm not a cop
>if I was, I'd have to tell you, swear
>>
>>24489749
>Can you send me some
>Ask a doctor
Are you a retard
>>
File: 8b2.gif (1 MB, 480x407) Image search: [Google]
8b2.gif
1 MB, 480x407
>>24489801
>Hey, doc, got any adderall to spare?
>"Wtf? Who let you in my house?"

Thanks, anon, but it didn't work. Great plan, though.
>>
>>24489749
He wasn't offering them to you you fucking retard
>>
>>24488261
Doing your homework is studying, if that's not enough I can't help you.
>>
>>24488874
Could you elaborate further on your remark?
>>
>>24489488
Mine are free. Thanks medical system for keeping me on stims since I was a small child.
>>
>>24489869
>mentions he has supply
>says all you have to do is ask
>obviously this is closer to an offer than a suggestion to get a prescription

Sorry, I thought that was plain English, but I was happy enough to break it down for you. Retard.
>>
>>24489978
He also mentions how much he pays for them and how much he gets for that amount implying hes talking about prescriptions
>>
>>24488261
same desu

I don't learn things by memorizing facts, I learn them by understanding the concepts, and just doing enough example problems that I can demonstrate that I know how to do them.

Once I'm done with that, I just rely on my innate levels of intelligence for my performance on the test.
>>
Review the relevant material. Say it's chapters 1 through 5 on the test. Go back to your notes and go over the key concepts. Equations, definitions, whatever. Do it so you could give a short explanation on each. Also make sure you freshen up on any of the more trivia based shit like what date an event took place or who did what where. It's fucking easy, anon.
>>
>>24490076
there is a reason I went into physics and not biology or chemistry
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.