[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Loneliness and self-mastery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: room-of-spirit-time-front.jpg (32 KB, 680x379) Image search: [Google]
room-of-spirit-time-front.jpg
32 KB, 680x379
Maybe I'm just slipping deeper and deeper into Schizoid Personality Disorder, or maybe I'm right. I'm convinced now that being lonely isn't such as bad a thing as I thought. With no interpersonal relationships and not conforming to what others think, you are damn near free to do as you please. This time can be taken to study what you want to study, research what you want to research. In a way, we are all our own Gods (though this is true for all humans, not just robots).

I see people always recommending exercise to help with depression but what I find most important is the mind. Find what interests you and study it, that alone should give you a reason to get out of bed. This pursuit, in my opinion should be done before or concurrently with taking care of your body.

Use your anger and bitterness as fuel. Think of the stacy who may have made fun of you and imagine yourself fucking her and then forcing her to get an abortion.

TL;DR

Find an interest and study it. It is likely to give you a reason to live. Regard relationships as distractions that prevent you from attaining self mastery.
>>
My retort to this is "To what end?"
What point does it serve to do all these great things and have no one to share it with?
>>
I don't know if this is an existing philosophy, if not, I will name it the Golden Pill.
>>
Tbh this is one of the first steps on the path to truth. The key is consistency
>>
>>24487386

Well this Golden Pill philosophy states that us robots should be passive when it comes to dating. Let them approach you, don't go chasing after girls. You want someone who has an intellect to match yours and shares your same interests.
>>
>>24486865

Truth. Keep going deeper too, my friend. It gets better.
>>
>>24487514

And what I mean by "matching intellect" is someone who doesn't just live to drink and party all the time. Nothing wrong with that occasionally but you want somebody that wants to be somebody and do big things.
>>
>>24486865

this only works if you have some kind of innate skill or talent
>>
>>24487788

You must find what it is.
>>
>>24487877

most people on this planet dont have "it", otherwise we would all be billionaires
>>
>>24488052

I'm not saying we'll all be billionaires if we do this, but it's better to seek out a higher standard of life rather than worry about women. Strive for success and let them come to you instead.
>>
>>24488111
checked good advice anon

what do you do if nothing interests you
>>
>>24488234

There's gotta be something even if it sounds ridiculous to you and you think that you won't succeed (my aspirations are artistic, music, maybe film and tv writing)
>>
>>24488316

I know the odds are not in my favor to "make it". But I will still do the best I can do
>>
>>24488316
really my only passion is kinda just video games. not a lot of things catches my interest and i dont want to work in the industry. theres fuck all of a 'industry' here in aus and everything has gone to shit
>>
>>24488450

What are some more things that interest you?
>>
>>24487548

I hate that it took me so long to realize
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.