[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beatles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (280 KB, 1156x839) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280 KB, 1156x839
>What's your favorite Beatles song?
Julia - That minimalistic fingerpicking with John's overdubbed vocals. That song always makes me think of Mass Effect 2 for some reason
>Favorite Beatles album?
The White Album
>>
File: johnlennon1965.jpg (181 KB, 700x1054) Image search: [Google]
johnlennon1965.jpg
181 KB, 700x1054
>song
Girl

honorable mentions go to: I'm So Tired, Michelle, Here There and Everywhere

>album
Rubber Soul or Abbey Road (side 2 in particular)
>>
>>24483907
>Abbey Road Side 2
Nigga 4real? Side 2 is just a bunch of song fragments. Side 1 all the way
>oh darling
>come together
>because
>sun king
>here comes the sun
>>
>tfw literally never listened a single Beatles song
Sorry I'm not into meme bands. I bet you guys love Nirvana too.
>>
>song
If I Needed Someone. Harrison was a genius

>Album
Rubber Soul :^) reminds me of sitting on a porch in the summer.
>>
Help is pretty cool.
>>
>song

Two way tie between Octopus's Garden and Ob-La-Di

>album

Rubber Soul, just 'cause it was the first cd my dad ever got me and it makes me nostalgia every time.
>>
File: 2%.png (254 KB, 401x455) Image search: [Google]
2%.png
254 KB, 401x455
>>24484529
>meme band
>>
>>24483192
>What's your favorite Beatles song?
A Day in the life.
I also really like 'A Hard Day's Night' and 'Live and Let Die', also 'I Will' is vry sentimental for me. . . but i digress.
>Favorite Beatles album?
Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
>>
Beatles for Sale works really well as an entire album. It may not have their best songs on it, but it's so cohesive that I love it
>>
>>24483192
I don't listen to them so I pick Let It Be because I know that's one of their songs.
>>
the one that doesnt exist
>>
File: SmugBastard.jpg (97 KB, 581x600) Image search: [Google]
SmugBastard.jpg
97 KB, 581x600
>>24484584
>tfw I like 'cracker-box palace' more than any Beatles song.
>>
>>24483192
the one that doesn't suck... oh wait!
>>
File: 1362391363325.png (781 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1362391363325.png
781 KB, 1920x1080
>>24483192
None. I'm not 50. Wish they'd hurry up and die already. Let's see....who's left? Mick Jagger, Ringo....
>>
George Harrison is my favorite Beatle, I Me Mine is one of my favorite songs by them. I've never listened to one of their albums in full if I'm being honest. The Beatles to me are a singles band and they get unbearable after the first few songs.

By the way, it seems like music critics jerk The Beatles off or they're some contrarian type who just tells them to fuck off. Can anybody link me a decent article that criticizes them? I can think of a few points but I don't want to write an article.

>poor lyricism except for a few songs
>attempting to be avant garde but come off as pretentious
>simple songwriting
>too reliant on the studio
>produces had a heavy hand in their works but never got the credit
>love in every song
>abandoned rock n roll for the avant garde and pop
>ripped off a lot of musicians (to be fair, they did give them a lot of credit and/or admitted to it)
>singles were good, albums were often shit

>>24484529
Don't be a faggot like that man. The Beatles are overrated as hell but they do have some good songs.
>>
>>24484715
Live and Let Die is from Paul's solo career
>>
File: 1420608052892.jpg (39 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1420608052892.jpg
39 KB, 225x225
>>24483192

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc7CqEpJfDo

Normies will never understand this hidden gem.
>>
The Beach Boys are better anyway.
>>
>>24484864
John hated this one but I've always enjoyed it
>>
>songs
Happiness is a warm gun and act naturally because it gives me feels
a taste of honey too
>album
white album tbqhwy
>>
File: 3qp2wb.jpg (28 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
3qp2wb.jpg
28 KB, 320x240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8K0yLAtzCY

breeders be breedin
>>
I hadn't listen to them for too long to answer these but I like Eleanor Rigby and that short "Her Majesty" song.
>>
if if fell
>>
>>24484825

I like the Beatles a lot, but I think I can provide some reasonable criticism of their work

>mediocre musicianship in many cases
>generally thin sound
>lyrics are weak compared to some of their contemporaries
>lack of cohesion in their later albums (except Abbey Road, which works very well together)
>use love as a song subject way too often
>some of their early original material was extremely cliche and doesn't hold up well
>stereo mixes of their first several albums fucking suck
>George Harrison had some very weak guitar solos
>Ringo's drumming is solid, but lacks creativity, barring a few notable exceptions (Rain and A Day in the Life come to mind as being good Ringo tracks)

The Beatles brought a lot of good things to the table, but they're not beyond criticism, something that older music critics can't seem to admit
>>
>>24485075
Thanks. I was hoping someone would add on to what I was saying. Do you like the Rolling Stones? That's the closest comparison of two gigantic (fame wise) bands I think you can somewhat fairly compare. I prefer the Stones. I think their earlier work is better, I think they had better musicianship, I think they did better in the psychedelic albums, and I think they were better lyricists.
>>
>>24485192

I prefer the Beatles myself, but I can definitely see why someone would prefer the Stones. I think the Beatles contributed more to music production techniques and had stronger songwriting skills than the Stones. However, I think the Stones were slightly better musicians, especially in the guitar playing department.
>>
>>24485254
I respect your opinion but I don't understand how you could think that. Check out Exile on Main Street, Their Satanic Majesties Request, Aftermath, etc.

Anyways, your opinion is your opinion but give the Stones' discography a good listen and then compare the two again.
>>
>>24485391

You're right. I'm only somewhat familiar with their discography. I'll be sure to give it a more in depth examination.
>>
>>24485391
Beach Boys > Beatles/Rolling Stones
>>
Beatles are shit, kill yourself.
>>
File: shiiiieettttprisonschool.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
shiiiieettttprisonschool.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
>>24485433
It was good to have a nice discussion without jumping down each other's throats. Good luck bro.

>>24485443
I love the Beach Boys but I feel their discography as a whole doesn't hold up (at least what I've listened too, currently moving through it slowly). I know I love Pet Sounds and The Beach Boys Love You. The Beach Boys Love You is one of my all time favorite albums.
>>
>>24485536
I love Love You. One day a couple months ago I went skating around Compton (i live in LA) and listened to Love You on repeat. They fit surprisingly well together
>>
Early Beatles are better. The Hollies are a better band though.
>>
File: 4151286583_ae4662096a.jpg (170 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
4151286583_ae4662096a.jpg
170 KB, 500x335
>Song
Too many to pick a favorite
>Favorite Beatles album
Hard Day's Night
Help!
Revolver
White Album
Abbey Road
>>
File: album.jpg (881 KB, 1000x995) Image search: [Google]
album.jpg
881 KB, 1000x995
>>24485536
>>24485853
Love You is, along with Pet Sounds, the greatest album about love ever recorded and I defy any musician to ever produce a greater album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8uPWfpeR38
>>
>>24485853
Mona, Airplanes, and Love is a Woman are my favorite tracks. I was looking through Allmusic's "similar albums" and you might want to check out

>Roy Wood - Boulders
>Todd Rundgren - Something/Anything?
>Harry Nilsson - Nilsson Schmilsson

And for some reason

>David Bowie - Aladdin Sane

reminds me of Love You.
>>
If you didn't pick Revolution 9 get off my board normie.
>>
Honey pie, you are making me crazy
I'm in love but I'm lazy
So won't you please come home

Oh honey pie, my position is tragic
Come and show me the magic
>>
"Nowhere Man"

Its a song that reminds me that time has crept up, and that I've wasted the best times of my life. I waited and fucked around and now that time is gone.
>>
>>24486154
Of your hollywood sign

This song's great, the clarinets really perfect the ol timey feel
>>
theres some decent beatles tunes, but they're quite frankly overrated.

oh, and john lennon as some symbol of peace and love is triggering for me, as he was a profiteering phony jackass
>>
>>24486420
everyone knows ringo is the peace and love beatle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTQOeejWswg
>>
>>24483192
The one where a bunch of stoned, scraggy British street urchins screech over guitar rhythms stolen from the black man.
>>
>>24486778
I love that one
>>
>>24486706
ringo is pretty lame too tho

*kick snare kick kick snare*
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 592x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 592x480
> song

In my life
Or
I've got a feeling

> album

If I could only have one it be sgt peppers
But white is good too
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.