[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>1995 >4th grade >Be in computer lab >Learning to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 0948 - HvK6DGX.png (56 KB, 260x263) Image search: [Google]
0948 - HvK6DGX.png
56 KB, 260x263
>1995
>4th grade
>Be in computer lab
>Learning to type on Mavis Beacon on Apple IIs
>Teacher has each of us have her watch us type
>Typing fine
>Get penalized for not moving my fingers in the exact same way Mavis Beacon shows

Fuck you teacher, It's 20 years later and I type perfectly fine without Mavis Beacon Bullshit.
>>
>>24481889
You get em tiger
>>
>>24482013
I got em good
>>
>>24481889

Typing class was as useless as cursive
>>
>>24483006
Cursive wasn't useless you retard.
>>
File: plz no.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
plz no.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>teacher tells you front of the class that she's never see someone get such a high wpm with so many errors
>>
>Get penalized for not moving my fingers in the exact same way Mavis Beacon shows

iktf. i'd often get the fastest WPM & the least errors, but teacher still took off a letter grade, and WPM stopped increasing the grade once you hit 50, so I'd get worse scores than people who typed at 1/2 my speed & got more errors
>>
File: 3294132499439.png (109 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
3294132499439.png
109 KB, 444x444
i know that feel
i typed with nothing but my pointer fingers and still managed 120 wpm in 6th grade and 200wpm on single sentences (program was shit at calculating WPM at fast speeds) all thanks to runescape

but the teacher would force me to use the normie homerow method during the official tests and watch over me to make sure i didn't go back to my way
got some of the worst scores in the class and failed it even though i was the fastest typer

i type with all my fingers now but still don't use homerow, use the justfuckmyshitup method, 140-150wpm at normal pace
>>
>>24481889
Did anyone else wonder why Mavis Beacon was black? Like, who taught her to use a computer in the first place? Maybe SHE was typing wrong.
>>
File: scotty.jpg (17 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
scotty.jpg
17 KB, 320x240
>>24483048
You're right. Cursive IS useless.
>>
What the fuck are you talking about? Do you actually have classes in America about how to use a keyboard?? With grades according to whether or not you type like some arbitrary folk?

What the fuck is that country, everytime I learn something new about it I'm glad I wasn't born over there.

Also screw those who think cursive is useless. Enjoy your slow and ugly handwriting.
>>
File: 180px-Ahhahahafaggot.jpg (11 KB, 180x222) Image search: [Google]
180px-Ahhahahafaggot.jpg
11 KB, 180x222
>not having perfect typing form
>not being able to type without looking at the keyboard
>>
Mavis Beacon was my childhood man. My dad bought me a computer but didn't know to Internet so he just bought random CDs at a flea market. Was playing the typing games all day long.
>>
>>24483686
Yup, I took those in 6th grade when I was studying abroad in the American school system, we were taught typing through games, kind of like Typing of the Dead, except with motherfucking Dora the Explorer.

I'm glad we don't have those useless classes back here in France. I was NEETing so hard already by middle school that I could type faster than any normie I knew.
>>
>>24483048

what possible use did it have?
>>
>>24483686
In 1995, yes.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.