[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /wishedtheyplayedsports/ ? I think if my parents made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Who else /wishedtheyplayedsports/ ?

I think if my parents made me play some sport growing up I would have become less antisocial and more normal.

>tfw you will never feel a sense of camaraderie from being on the team
>>
>>24481277
No you would have just sat on the bench watching your Chad teamates practice until you get bored and go play in the sandbox with everyone's little siblings.
Then when the coach puts you in during a game becuase everyone has to play you will have no idea what your doing and get nocked on your ass.
And your dad will get mad that he wasted the money to sign you up for football in the firstplace.

Once a robot always a robot.
>>
>>24482768

Eh I knew a nerdy kid who cried all the time and who no one liked. Now he's a jock on a uni rugby team.

>tfw that could have been you
>>
>>24481277
Never to late to join a team OP. What the nearest club or sport you want to play?
>>
I had a broken leg when I was 12 which was the first year you could play school football.
Because of that I never learned to play because the next everyone else already knew how and I couldn't catch up
>>
>>24482859

I'm in uni. I want to play soccer since I used to run cross country and was okay at it. I always want to try each semester but I would feel awkward going in by myself, I was never athletic and I know I would be awful.
>>
>>24481277
i play football
i am the worst on the team, the slowest, the fattest, the worst catch, the one who can't remember any plays.

count yourself lucky. my school is so small the only way i can hang on to a shred of reality is to play sports, or be outcast farther than I already am
>>
>>24482768
I got into a soccer school as a kid and even if it was kinda like that I eventually got gud and people respected me. I was in great shape, too, since I was into running as well, and thanks to that I've managed to keep a good body while being a lazy ass shit until today.

Sports are pretty useful. If you do them and manage to get past sucking without quitting you'll be getting plenty of normie points.
>>
>>24482910
DW bout that, used to play with a guy who got a trial at premier League club. He was running rings round the other teams where I just ran round like an autist.
I managed to assist a goal one time and did the shoe shine celebration, was ace
>>
OP my dad signed me up for school soccer without even telling me when I was in third grade. One day i was walking to tbe bus to go home and the coach stopped me and said 'where are you going anon you have practice'.

I used to sit down on the field and idle during games because I hated it so much and I was awful. My teammates kicked balls at my head EVERY practice. I used to say 'man i am so unlucky I am cursed to be hit by the ball'. I didnt realize they were doing it on purpose because they hated me.

My dad also forced me to play football with him in my spare time. It doesnt help OP if child you hated sports you hated sports and being forced only breeds resentment.
>>
>>24482998

Well its too late this term but I guess I could start running again so I would be in passable shape for the future.

Any advice if you are just starting out ?
>>
>>24483121
If you can get a team together try indoor soccer. Really exhausting though as you are constantly running round. If you can't do that practice kicking a ball against a wall, stopping it then kicking it again to practice control. Try dribbling up and down a field as well. Should be tones of videos on YouTube.
Good look anon, I believe in you.
>>
>>24483105
Sorry to hear that. My dad got me into playing sports when I was 5 and enjoyed every minute of it. Some times sports aren't for everyone though I think your dad should of told you before hand that you're playing soccer.
>>
File: 1448230850413.jpg (28 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1448230850413.jpg
28 KB, 720x720
>was pretty good at football
>got my knee fucked up in a game
>could never play again
>now I'm a 245 lbs NEET living with parents
>>
I'm sitting here smugly laughing at OP for being either too stupid to know what antisocial means or for thinking sports would have made him into a cool Ted Bundy type guy.

I did archery and competitive shooting as a kid. Only things I've shot have been targets and varmints though. No people.
>>
>>24483490

It might not make someone cool but it does it give you a way to connect with other people, a sense of purpose/group identity. And besides exercise is actually statistically correlated with being happier.
>>
>>24483252

Will see if I can find something. Thanks for the advice.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.