[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Alaska the most robot friendly state in the US? >low population
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: Alaska-State-Flag.jpg (38 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
Alaska-State-Flag.jpg
38 KB, 500x361
Is Alaska the most robot friendly state in the US?

>low population size despite being the largest state
>some towns are only accessible by boat or plane
>sometimes it stays dark out for long periods of time

I'm seriously thinking about moving there. It sounds like a robot paradise.
>>
>>24480442
I've thought about moving there after too, maybe all robots should move to the same town and we can make a utopia?
>>
You do realise that low population density means you have to be more, rather than less social? You can no longer benefit from the anonymity of large cities, large supermarkets, and so on. People will say hi to you on the street, and will note the way you look at your feet and mumble a response.
>>
you inept fuckers would all die up here, none of you work or are useful at any form of household maintenance
>>
>biggest sausagefest state (53/47 male)
>the state gives you money every year just for living there (NEETbux)
>Alaska is geographically isolated from the rest of the country
>if it fell off the face of the globe nobody would really notice

Confirmed robot state
>>
If you like ice, snow, and fucking bears then maybe it's alright.
>>
>>24480442

Cost of living would be a concern, and food availability.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 563x542
>mfw wagelord robot living in Alaska
The place is pretty nice tbqh. Also the PFD is nice because I get it before the fall and I spend it all on gaming shit when it's new.
>>
>>24480519
This, you guys are retarded
>>
>>24480539
Yeah, I forgot to mention that.

One town that I looked at had a 120/100 male to female ratio so being a single male wouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
>>
>>24480539
Can confirm too many guys here.

>the state gives you money every year just for living there (NEETbux)
The PFD this year was just over $2k. Not even remotely enough to live on. I don't even get the PFD.

>Alaska is geographically isolated from the rest of the country
You can be geographically isolated in CONUS if you want

>if it fell off the face of the globe nobody would really notice
Except all of that Oil.
>>
>>24480673
>Can confirm too many guys here.
I don't really see the issue here. Most of us will never be with a girl anyway and the high male to female ratio just means it will be easier to fit right in with the other single men.
>>
How do Britbongs move to Alaska, surely a intelligent white male is more acceptable to Americans than a filthy Syrian?
>>
File: 1446872838036.jpg (76 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1446872838036.jpg
76 KB, 450x338
I live in Fairbanks. It only makes you more alone and depressed.
>>
>>24480442

Anybody know what the working conditions and pay are like for nurses?
>>
>>24480519
>>24480593

>Not drifting from remote town to remote town
>Killing and looting peoples homes

Its fun to live off the land.
>>
File: hote.jpg (107 KB, 646x452) Image search: [Google]
hote.jpg
107 KB, 646x452
>>24480559
many would sex a bear
>>
File: hoodog .jpg (183 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
hoodog .jpg
183 KB, 500x667
I remember a robot posted about how great life was there. He said he dropped out of uni at 19 and moved to alaska to find a fisher man job on a crew because his dad kicked him out. Apparently he made some good money since the risk is so high in that branch. His life was basically 2months on boat and 2 months full neet mode.
>>
>>24480539
but slow internet
>>
File: 4724714971.png (32 KB, 300x135) Image search: [Google]
4724714971.png
32 KB, 300x135
>>24481523
It's alright. Just be prepared to pay for it. $175 a month.
>>
i'd totally move there if it wasn't so damn expensive
>>
>>24480566
>>24481625
>not living and eating on a fishing boat making thousands in a short amount of time and living in a NEET shack during your time off
>>
it's full of mosquitoes
>>
>>24482423
The mosquitoes weren't that bad this summer.
>>
>>24482378
My uncle did that until his boat capsized.
>>
>>24480519
this. i've lived in a fairly small town my whole life (~1k population) and there's a good couple dozen folks that apparently know my name who I barely know and have talked to <5 times in my 20 years of life. it's always hell being put on the spot by those people when they're asking about how i've been, and i don't know who the fuck they are.

doesn't help that over half the people here are related in some capacity, so a lotta people know me just because they're an older or younger cousin/sibling of whoever I actually do know.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.