[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm starting a 12 hour a day/5 days a week factory job tomorrow.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1
File: 1446142993344.png (491 KB, 1832x2366) Image search: [Google]
1446142993344.png
491 KB, 1832x2366
I'm starting a 12 hour a day/5 days a week factory job tomorrow.

Any help so i don't kill myself?
>>
>>24480088
just dont do it? done gtfo
>>
If you can hoard cash now for a few years you can live the NEET life forever after.
>>
heard alcohol helps
>>
besides being high all the time, it depends on what kind of job
>>
>>24480088
Now why would you go from one extreme to another? Whenever I apply to jobs I always make it clear that I wold only work 32 hours/week full time.
>>
>>24480171
chicken factory
>>
>>24480088
>12 hours a day

Shit mate, working 8 hours a day was already hell for me. Wish you the best of luck man, hopefully your work attitude is better than mine, cause I got fired after like 3 weeks because I couldnt be bothered to do this shitty job
>>
>>24480088
8 hours/5 days a week and I'm contemplating suicide bro.

I feel for you
>>
>There are others whom have it worse.
Always helps me anon.
>>
>>24480088
>factory job

I get triggered every time I hear these two words.

I'm sorry anon.. hang in there. Save as much money as possible so you can go to a community college/trade school and eventually get a better job, is my advice.
>>
>>24480232

Feeling good about other people's misery is horrible. Stop being a terrible person.
>>
don't give a fuck. don't try to impress anyone. pay attention to training and be friendly but don't act like this is the end of your life if you fuck it up.

No one really cares about you and you shouldn't care about them. Just show up and do the bare minimum to get by without getting fired. If you're eager to impress or you want them to like you you'll overwork and over stress yourself trying way too hard and it'll just make you miserable. It's ok to be a lazy fuck up.

Also take up smoking. You'll find that employees take smoke breaks all the time to get out of work, and in places like that everyone smokes including the bosses. If you don't smoke they'll bitch at you for taking a break when they do. But if you smoke you're in the smokers club with them and it's cool.

It's like getting paid to stand around for 30 minutes a day taking 5-10 minute smoke breaks every two hours or so.
>>
Thanks for the support guys

tax and petrol will leave me with about 280 a week,pretty much just going to become a fat alki
>>
Why not switch to 4 day workweeks, why does it have to be so many hours? Although if you are ubermenschy enough to handle it you're going places.
>>
>>24480322
Yea, this guys, listen to him. Especially the smoking advice is good.

Perfect opportunity to bond with coworkers and the bosses. Every fucking factory worker smokes. Sure, it turned me into a fucking smoker but whatever, the breaks were really good.

Things getting too stressful? No problem, go for a relaxing smoke.
>>
>>24480322
>Also take up smoking.

That's horrible advice.. I get what you mean about the smoke breaks, but at exchange for your overall health.. Not worth it, imo.

>>24480325

Don't take up alcohol to alleviate the shittiness of this job. It's bad for you in the long run.
Do it on the saturday night when youre free the next day, but dont let it become a daily thing.

Vices are vicious, and it'll keep you in the cycle many people are in permanently.

I know we have different situations, but I used to work shit factory jobs too, but eventually I saved enough to go to community college and get an IT associate degree, and now all I do is talk on the phone sitting in an office for $13.. and I realize $13 isnt alot, but considering I was busting my ass for $8.50 at factories, this is way better.

Dont get stuck in the vice cycle, anon.
>>
>>24480088
I work in a warehouse and I get paid bretty gud

Work just seems to fly by too
>>
>>24480088
I am so sorry, anon.
I wish I knew. The thought of having to get another job terrifies me. Nothing brings out my suicidal thoughts like working for some dick at a job I loathe.
>>
>>24480185
>32 hours a week
>full time
>>
>>24480185

I cant imagine anyone hiring you by making conditions like that..
>>
20 hours of overtime a week ain't bad.

In my industry I can, and have, worked 60 hours a week for straight time. No, I'm not in management.
>>
>>24480764
It makes me mad that there are people who feel this entitled

I then realize that they will never make it in life and I become happy again
>>
>All these faggots complaining about 40 hour work weeks, 8 hour work days, and factory jobs.
You work indoors with set hours and overtime after 40 hours a week. I work outdoors, on call, in all weather types, and only get overtime after 10 hours per day.

Quit your bitching.
>>
>>24480088

Yes - drop a day. Doing 12 hour shifts 4 days on/3 days off is a LOT easier than doing them 5 days in a row.
>>
12 hours a fucking day and only 2 days a week off? The fuck? What's the point of life that way? That's pure slavery, I'd legitimately rather kill myself than put myself through this kind of hell on earth
>>
i can't judt drop a day off first week of work
>>
>>24480088
Don't spend any of the money you earn. If you don't live with your mum just buy essentials like food. And rethink about what is essential for you. For example you don't even need soap or deodorant. Don't listen the fucks who say you to start smoking so you can work 30 minutes less a day, fucking retards. Don't go work by car or public transport. Just ride a bike. Invest in a non expensive hybrid bike. In the long run you will save money. Also this is an investment for your health. Don't eat shit, eat clean and cheap (rice, beans, greens, no liquid other than water...) If you follow this you will save money pretty quickly. Then you can quit couple of months later and you won't need to work for even a year.
>>
Holy shit, why couldn't you just get a shitty shop assistant job instead? Both of them are dead end jobs with shit pay but at least you won't have to live through hell.
>>
>>24480818

I honestly dont see anything wrong with people wanting to only work a certain amount of hours a week; but in the real world, this is just absurd.. most people are not in a position to demand to only work certain hours. HR will laugh you out of the interview or intothetrashitgoes.jpg your resume.
The reality is that in low skills jobs, there are literally hundreds of people ready to replace you, because it doesnt take a genius to move one box from one place to another, or whatever it is you have to do in factory/warehouse jobs.
>>
>>24481318

This anon knows.. besides my advice here
>>24480496
this is the only other one that is legit. The rest are retarded.

Dont smoke, dont drink, health cheap and healthy and save your money.
I wouldnt go as far as not buying soap or deodorant though.. don't be nasty. Soap is like $10 for a 6 bar pack, and deodorant isnt expensive either. Unhygienic people are terrible to be around.
>>
>>24481318
You need soap you filthy fuck
>>
>>24481500
Not using soap is not unhygienic. Washing with just water is more than enough. I used to get oily and smelly the day after I take a shower but today I don't use anything on me other than water and I can even go 3-4 days without having a smell or feeling dirty. Hygiene products are one of the biggest scams of today's society. If you are a minimalist (aka stingy) person like me just try it and you will see.
>>
>>24481632
If you are not a fat fuck who eats at mcdonalds every day you don't. Read this >>24481644
>>
>>24481644
>Hygiene products are a scam

People have been using soap for hundreds of years for a very good reason. You probably smell like putrid shit m8
>>
>>24481692
Existence of soap in history doesn't imply everyone were using it. I don't smell at all. Just try it yourself. Don't use shampoo or soap when you have a shower and you will see what I mean. No need to waste your energy, time and money to buy non useful products.
>>
>>24481644
>without having a smell or feeling dirty

Obviously youre not gonna smell yourself, bro.. but others will.
I'm all for saving money, but now you're just being cheap... soap and deodorants are not expensive at all. Get them... at least the deodorant.
You are deluded if you think you dont "smell" in 3-4 days.
>>
>>24480088

What's the hourly wage? If $10 or more, you can make upwards of $600/week. Not bad for a skill-less manual labor job. I'd do it if could hold that schedule and stand up for long periods of time without hurting my back.
>>
>>24480134

I used to do exactly what OP is signing up for and I have been happily NEET and not on the government teat for 17 months. I'm spending money fairly rapidly, mostly on books, beer and everyday expenses, and I still have low-five-figures net worth and zero debt.

I've even been doing more elevated NEET things lately. I've been re-discovering math and actually reading some of my purchases, and I've self-taught a lot of geography (both local and global, another sperg hobby) in the meantime. I even took a road trip to Chicago to see my favorite group over a month ago.

It's been fun, but I am going to look for work soon and be a full cyborg again. I wonder if I could become a surveyor for a county or something.
>>
>>24483077

It's a nice setup you got, but the thing that jews made up to discourage people from doing this is the dreaded "so what have you been doing this whole time?" question at interviews... employers don't like to see gaps in between jobs..

Of course, this is for mid-skilled and high-skilled positions. Working at factories this wont be a problem I suppose. Especially if it's true temp agencies.
>>
>>24480186

Tyson factory worker?
>>
>>24480325

60 hrs a week & you only get $280 a week after taxes?
>>
I enjoy manufacturing. I worked my way through college on the production floor, and now I am in management. For me I prefer managing processes and a few people over being in sales or something. I'm a manager/ engineer now. I do a lot of process improvement stuff now
>>
>>24480186
allen charra?
>>
>>24483435

No, I don't think prole jobs (like what I'd seriously apply for, for now) will be /too/ scandalized. Also the job market is in my favor; I saw a local piece just the other day that firms are hemmoraging overtime just to look for help, period. Butts in seats, bodies on tasks. I'll have hand in the process. And if anybody tries to ask me about social media, I'll turn 360 degrees and walk away, because I can. :^)
>>
>>24480088

lots of dextroamphetamine. Unless your company does regular testing, which most don't. it's usually before you get the job.

I know if steel fabricators did regular or surprise testing, they'd lose over half their welders
>>
>>24484601

To expand on this (maximum cringe)

I wouldn't actually do this unless pressed, but I have a little fantasy where a hiring manager is being cunty and pressing me for facebook etc.

"Okay, what's your facebook?"

"I don't use facebook."

"No, really, what's your facebook," she said, snickering a bit.

"I don't have one."

"bla bla something about we need your facebook/twitter, password etc"

"Kitten, thanks for your time. I will not work for an employer who, as a condition of employment, expects that I maintain a social media page of some kind, much less expects me to hand over a password. Have a nice day. *tips* :^) *moonwalk*"
>>
>>24480088
read the safety outline

adapt safety awareness within an industrial setting
>>
>>24484719
>>24484601

by doing that you are proving them right about you being an autist
>>
none has asked - how much are you going to be paid OP.

i got myself a job today. cheer up OP there tonz of ppl with out work. Consider yourself lucky.
>>
>>24480088
Just tank it for like three weeks, after that you'll stop caring. Humans are very good at adaption, the initial change is the hardest part.
>>
>>24480305
Its not feeling good though, merely less horrible
>>
>>24484785

The one thing was pretty clearly a sperg fantasy that I would not acutally do (revealing my power level) unless pressed, you just chose to ignore that bit.

And employers are sharp enough to know that they just need a reliable body for certain tasks xyz; as long as the person isn't in sales or front desk or something (although I've worked a job along the latter line too), a blah-autist is perfectly acceptable half the time, and (if high-functioning enough) also means lower liability for sexual harassment, or things along those lines.

I'm firm on the above though. I wouldn't work for an employer who would expect me to set up a facebook or similar.
>>
have fun with that i had a job and i got three breaks one in the morning lunch and afternoon
>>
>>24485792
Well, what did you expect?
To just sit on your ass all day and get paid for it like low life losers on the gov teat?
It's a job, you get paid to fucking work, not sit on your ass.
>>
>>24480088
I did a very similar job with the same hours my advice to you op is manage your sleep carefully because it can really really fuck you if you don't
>>
>>24486437
>To just sit on your ass all day and get paid for it
like most women who are handed government jobs because diversity quotas and nepotism.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.