[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ag/ - acne general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: me2.jpg.jpg (90 KB, 640x521) Image search: [Google]
me2.jpg.jpg
90 KB, 640x521
Is there anything worse than acne?

Will this painful and ugly ride ever end?

>tfw looking like Vader without his mask
>>
i've had acne since i was like 15 now i'm 22 and it got even worse

no there is no end to this ride
>>
>>24479871
Acutane senpai
It's the only way
>>
I had acne from age ~15-20, I had to take a course of accutane back in 2013 to get rid of it. The only reason I started is because my acne had become so bad that it was physically painful to live with.
The acne on my face is totally gone and the scars are mostly healed, but I still have quite a lot on my back and some on my chest.
The symptoms of accutane weren't very fun to live with, but in the end it was worth it.
>>
>>24479911
i would if it wasnt discontinued you fucking nigger
>>
>tfw I would be quite handsome if I didn't have Freddy Krueger skin
Its like having a good degree and knowing you can be a doctor but cleaning toilets instead
>>
>>24479973
That's just a brand, there's a new company, I'm on it right now
>>
Any tips on specifically getting rid of chest and shoulder acne? I have a very clear face but persistent pimples on chest and shoulders. I've noticed they disappeared over the summer when I spent a lot of time sunbathing in the backyard but quickly re-emerged when I stopped. I'm not going to go to a tanning bed like a fag but is there any way to replicate this effect?
>>
>>24479871
the biggest tip i can give you is change your pillow cases daily or every two days... buy a load of cheap white cases and just change them regularly, makes such a difference
>>
>>24480043
My chest acne went away when I stop taking a bath every day and stopped drinking Red Bull like water
>>
>>24480025
What is it called?

desu senpai original comment jews
>>
i have like 10 red dots that come and go in the exact same spots on my back. i've got it treated like 5 different times but it always comes back. sometimes they bleed, other times they're just painful. my fucking doctors won't put me on anything stronger, just the same medicine i've used so many fucking times. i just want to get rid of this shit
>>
Try fixing your gut, I believe acne is from leaky gut and is from what you eat
>>
>>24480446
I never eat crisps/drink soda and I still look like a burning victim. Same thing goes for a friend
>>
tried to get on accutane years back but couldn't because of all the extra shit you have to go through just to get it because of your ability to have children. you have to be on two forms of birth control several months prior, consent to two pregnancy tests per prescription in addition to the iPledge and blood test bullshit.

I was offered an alternative medication that worked pretty well, but was too ashamed to go back to the derm.

The punishment for this cowardice is dealing with cystic acne for the rest of my life
>>
d-do people actually care about acne?
i only recently developed acne like two months ago but it became moderate/extreme and i already have really apparent scars. no one's mentioned anything about it to my face, though.
>>
I was on Accutane about 2 years ago for less than a year and I'm all cleared up. it took a bunch of tests before I could get on it.. had high levels of something that could effect my liver. I didn't have any noticeable side effects. it's a hassle being on Accutane if you are female.
>>
>>24481189
and to add to this I tried every other method I could possibly find on the Internet as well as topical medication dermos prescribed
>>
23yo and still have acne popping up in the face

Already did some accutane treatment but it came back and I never stopped using the creams/adistringents etc etc. Its a fucking curse.

>just wash your face brah.
>>
File: 1426969091346.jpg (14 KB, 270x259) Image search: [Google]
1426969091346.jpg
14 KB, 270x259
I'm just have face acne, but it's pretty obnioxious, at 19, should I keep waiting for it to go away, or get on that accutane?
It just does awful things to my self confidence, and its painful and itchy at its worst
>>
>>24481344
Acne is only worsened by stress, I'm 19 also and still have it. If it bothers you that much use a cream.
>>
>>24480763
tits or gtfo cumdumpster slut
>>
>>24480934
Yeah, they do. Most people won't say anything won't say anything to your face, but they'll treat you somewhat differently. Sorta like how fat girls are treated.
>>
>>24480446
the leaky gut theory doesn't stand mate
>>
>>24481344
smear hemorrhoid cram on them

for some reason it worked for me probably because it is anti-inflammatory and made for sensitive asshole
>>
>>24480934
Yes they care. It significantly impacts your sex appeal and the respect you're given. I saw a girl the other day with a very pretty face but I wouldn't even fuck her because her acne is repulsive. Get it in check.
>>
File: 9039444_f260.jpg (12 KB, 260x172) Image search: [Google]
9039444_f260.jpg
12 KB, 260x172
who /bacne/ here
>>
>>24479871
Haven't cried for 3 days. Feels good.
>>
File: fizzh.jpg (18 KB, 364x350) Image search: [Google]
fizzh.jpg
18 KB, 364x350
>>24480934
Of course people care about acne

>Eating my lunch in the cubicle at work toilets
>door opens
>hear 2 people talking
>realise they are people I work with
>one of them looks at the mirror and says ''that mirror is filthy''
>other one says "anon's probably been popping his acne on it"
>they both laugh
>other one says "nah, if anon popped his acne on that mirror it'd have his eyes, you know, because his acne is his whole face"
>they both laugh
>listen to them pissing
>when one of them is pissing he says "damn this piss is so green and nasty, if it shot pus it'd be like pissing anons face"

>tfw I had to listen to this
>tfw nobody has the guts to make these cracks face to face
>>
>>24482795
what if acne riddled teenager fetish?
>>
>>24482824
my back acnes are something else

they are like permanent acne, not red, deep in skin

they aren't much of a bother if they aren't so visible

sometimes they do become inflamed
>>
>>24482841
ask them to pass you some paper under the toilet stall and pop your zits on their hands
>>
Just wash your face, broski.
>>
>>24483000
I use 3 kinds of soap and have tried proactiv and xout. Only thing to ever work was accutane.
Clearacil always made it worse
>>
Hey, have you guys ever tried any Retinol & Glycolic peels?

My derma prescribed me with Accutane along with those, I don't want to take Accutane because I'm already taking drugs that are hard on the liver for a chronic disease.

Are those safe?
>>
This probably won't work for everyone, but I stopped having dairy about two years ago and my skin looks way better. I still get the occasional pimple but my cystic acne has totally gone away
>>
>>24483253
tried it, it doesnt work. Also tried not eating meat

anyone tried not fapping to see results with acne?
>>
File: just.jpg (293 KB, 980x1306) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
293 KB, 980x1306
At a ripe age of 25 the acne has died down somewhat. I still get white heads and black heads but it cannot fix the irreparable damage it has done.

It is like this on both sides of my face and in certain lighting conditions, it shows of all the craters on my face.

I would take back acne over this shit. You cant wear a mask all the time, this is something you can't hide away from like you can with any other kind of acne.
>>
exfoliate
>>
>>24483332
How long did you try it for? It took me a month or so to start seeing results.

Not fapping was kinda inconsistent for me, so I don't think it effects me.
>>
Go to a dermatologist guys. At least get a professional opinion rather than stupid advice from the internet. Most acne can be treated, unless you have cystic acne that can be permanent
>>
>>24483713
Rosacea is genetic and not treatable.
>>
>>24483713
you cant fix this >>24483345

its already scarred and cratered
>>
File: rdj album.jpg (150 KB, 1122x1118) Image search: [Google]
rdj album.jpg
150 KB, 1122x1118
>tfw stresspopper
>>
File: 1446595062657.jpg (21 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1446595062657.jpg
21 KB, 360x270
>have alot of acne
>start taking acgutane
>acne is now gone but have red scar on face instead
What to do robots?
>>
>>24480198
Roaccutan
>>
>>24483821
does it look like this >>24483345
>>
>>24483345
you can use some skin lightener

I have smeared the flesh side of banana peels on my face, left it for an hour and wash it off for a while now, my skin has much less discoloration and look smoother
>>
>>24483876
>I have smeared the flesh side of banana peels on my face
that shit actually work? I have some doubt on that. I guess it is worth trying, have nothing to lose here
>>
File: 1440604297333.jpg (17 KB, 480x318) Image search: [Google]
1440604297333.jpg
17 KB, 480x318
>>24482841
Ayy lul
>>
>>24483821
Most likely hypepigmentation, not actual scarring. Does it look pitted?
>>
>>24483908
just wash your face first, it might itches a little when you first apply it

it is not meant to be a replacement for anything in your cleaning routine though
>>
>>24483821
retinoids
you need prescription from a dermatologist and its expensive, or you could try over the counter stuff which is still expensive
i buy shit from paulas choice. it seems to be working.
>>
>>24480009
>shitty ex is almost done with his master's degree in history education
>been working as a janitor at a supermarket for the past three years and will continue to

He'd come home smelling like old sea food and chinese food from cleaning the buffet and fish tanks. Supermarket toilets are terrible apparently
>>
>>24483854
Yes, it looks like that
>>
>>24482824
Same and I'm a fucking gril so wearing dresses or anything in the summer is dreadful. It's mostly where my short sleeves are
>>
>>24484044
you need to let them breath though
>>
File: 1413307725733.png (87 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
1413307725733.png
87 KB, 285x285
I'm 27, I have acne all over the upper body and very very rarely the insides of my legs. I used to have a lot on my back but that went away mostly. I have a lot of scars and that shit will never go away.

I have a small genetic gift (i guess) that heals my face almost completely of a lot of scars, even non-acne scars, so i'm not constantly covered in red spots like a typical neckbeard, otherwise i could have gone insane by now

I tried a lot of stuff like that benzolperoxide, I went to several doctors, they didn't help me at fucking all, one even said "it's just a light acne" yeah light acne my ass, i'm fucked. And they didn't even bother to help me.

Leaving out milk from my diet helped reduce the amount of acne and better food and workout helped for a time, but it just came back again in full force after i had a major depression.

What the fuck do I even do at this point?
>>
>>24484229
I think you can try and skin your upper body.

No skin= no acne
>>
>>24484278

works 4 me
>>
>>24484044
FUCKING ROASTIE WHORE RREEEEEE GET OFF MY FUCKING BOARD NORMIE WHORE YOU CAN NEVER FEEL OUR FEELS REEEEE GET THE FUCK OUUTTTTTT
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.