[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you actually wear a fedora or trench coat? It seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
File: dailyfedora.png (420 KB, 576x792) Image search: [Google]
dailyfedora.png
420 KB, 576x792
How many of you actually wear a fedora or trench coat?
It seems like so many people know about neckbeards now no one would willingly wear one in public, so why does the meme persist? How many people do you know irl that wear fedoras, trench coats, fingerless gloves etc, nowadays?
>>
>>24477529
I actually see one or two people like that in my town. Fedoras are quite common with skinny nerds at our schools, I don't know why. They look completely stupid while wearing them, yet they do.
>>
I admire the fedora. I wish I had the stones to wear one in public. But I am a 22 year old who has never worn a hat in public ever. Maybe there is no hope for me, or maybe now is the best time to start wearing one.
>>
>>24477529
Outside of 4chan, people don't realise that fedoras are immediately correlated with autism.
>>
File: Dean-in-Pea-coat-Long.jpg (204 KB, 500x606) Image search: [Google]
Dean-in-Pea-coat-Long.jpg
204 KB, 500x606
I have a pea coat that I'm tall and broad shouldered enough to fill out rather than look like I'm wearing grandpa's clothes. The weather gets shitty enough to justify it, and I don't have any sperglord or enlightened gentlemen accessories to go with it either.
>>
>>24477619
You could look well while wearing a hat - if you were a 50's guy. Hats look terrible with T-shirts or non-tucked shirts. They don't go well with jeans or shorts either. On top of that you'd have to actually pay some serious money to have a hat tailored. The ones that get sold in big-box stores rarely fit anyone and are made of chear materials.
>>
File: 1434476164801.jpg (53 KB, 597x519) Image search: [Google]
1434476164801.jpg
53 KB, 597x519
One guy in my economics class where is a full length trench coat with a fedora and everytime I see him walk out of class he has a 3 out of 10 gf waiting for him
>>
>>24477722
>he has a 3 out of 10 gf waiting for him
That's not much of an accomplishment.
>>
>>24477822
Still better then my non existent gf
>>
>>24477657
>It looks g-good on m-me guys I swear! #Notallneckbeards
>>
>>24477529
>fedora
i would wear
>trench coat
i'm already a suspect for a potential school shooter it would be risky but i actually like the look
>fingerless gloves
not unless im working out, shooting or a biker
>>
>>24477529
Fedoras are the thinking man's mullet
>>
File: 1446794483679.jpg (95 KB, 418x315) Image search: [Google]
1446794483679.jpg
95 KB, 418x315
>>24478020
you are a funny person
>>
File: 1439957763995.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1439957763995.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>24477902
My waifu is more then enough, to be honest.
>>
>>24477529
>fingerless gloves
Never. 100% retarded.

>trench coat
Looks retarded on most of people, incuding me (i'm too short and skinny to pull it off) so no.

>fedora
If you're talking about these narrow-brimmed trilby hats, no way, they're fully autistic.
If you're talking about real fedoras and floppy wide-brimmed hats, i wish i had the confidence/facial asthetics to pull them off.
>pic related, it's a nice fit
>>
Fedoras and trench coats are used by neckbeards where I live. I don't see them together that much, but separate is pretty frequent. I don't know why people haven't caught on that they aren't cool.
>>
>>24478296
You look like an autist.
>>
>>24477529
Guy at my old work looked like a neckbeard without the fat.
ponytail, jacked teeth, flame design shirts, and a fedora he would never take off, always stunk like shit.

Only had him on because we needed a warm body, everyone called him a faggot behind his back, still don't regret it.
>>
>>24478468
That's obviously not him, you idiot.
>>
I've seen at least 3 people around campus wearing fedoras and trench coats.
Do people actually think this shit looks good on them?
>>
I wear a longish surplus coat. It's an austrian m65
Is that fedora?
I'm also severely anemic so I cant go out lightly dressed. I usually wear a thermal shirt underneath everything and have the sleeves on the coat rolled.
>>
>>24478900
Well I meant to say "pic related looks like an autist" and you're an autist if you think that looks good" at the same time. I guess I'm the real autist (but that doesn't make him any less autistic)
>>
>>24477529
Saw a guy couple days ago wearing one at an anime meetup. Also had fingerless gloves. Tbf I'm pretty sure he was under 18
>>
File: tip.png (16 KB, 550x404) Image search: [Google]
tip.png
16 KB, 550x404
I wore a fedora when I was like 13-14. This was before it was a huge thing to make fun of them, so nobody ever really gave me shit for it and I eventually stopped because I realized on my own it was awkward and made me look like a goof. I'm glad I got it out of my system before hating them became a meme.
>>
File: image.jpg (265 KB, 1174x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
265 KB, 1174x1920
I kind of like how neck beards dress I'm not rly sure why. I don't dress like that tho I just wear crappy clothes from the thrift store until they're falling apart coz I've basically given up on life. Sometimes I buy something nice that's new but it's very rare.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.