[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tinder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12
File: tinder.jpg (45 KB, 560x415) Image search: [Google]
tinder.jpg
45 KB, 560x415
Just downloaded Tinder, what should I expect?

Also, share your stories about being robots on Tinder.
>>
>>24476627
>match with people
>never talk to any of them
>one day get a notification
>"hey handsome"
>uninstall
>>
File: 1309405156001.jpg (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1309405156001.jpg
31 KB, 400x300
>>24476627

Expect a lot of rejection and conversation leading nowhere. Girls will often humor you by bantering for a bit, but then stop responding when you try to make plans or blow you off even if you do. It's pretty fucking worthless desu.
>>
Well if your experience is anything like mine...
>get a couple matches a week
>50% of them won't respond or unmatch you immediately
>a few of them will have a short conversation with you but it'll never lead anywhere
>eventually get depressed from all the rejection and stop going on there
>>
So many beautiful grills. Yet matches only with fat chick's. Even single mothers usually swipe left. If I do get a date with a pretty girl, its due to my "intelligence" from my engineering degree. Those dates end after the first one when they realize they rather have a chad. There is no feedback loop, so you just sit and wonder why you're the only one who seems to have a problem with this
>>
>>24476627
>Just downloaded Tinder, what should I expect?
disappointment
>>
File: 1437664686239.png (180 KB, 277x268) Image search: [Google]
1437664686239.png
180 KB, 277x268
>>24477676

> only one who seems to have a problem with this

Literally everyone has the same experience. It's more of a game for women. They aren't seriously looking for companionship as much as they are looking to boost their ego and self esteem with an overdose of male attention. It alters their self perception and worth to the point that they can't have normal relationships with people. The availability of candidates to "upgrade" is nearly inexhaustible. I'm pretty sure shit like tinder and okc are disintegrating the social fabric that holds society together.
>>
>>24477877
> I'm pretty sure shit like tinder and okc are disintegrating the social fabric that holds society together.

nah you just ugly bich

chad still fucks tons of girls whilst ugly guys get nothing, its the way nature intended. nothing is wrong here
>>
>>24477632
>50% of them won't respond or unmatch you immediately
>50% of them unmatch you immediately
WHY EVEN SWIPE RIGHT THEN?!
>>
>>24476627
>get Tinder
>go on date with girl. Goes well. Just dinner and some drinks
>Second invite her over for "Netflix and chill". Get laid and all is well
>Third time she invites me to go to some bar with her.
>tfw pregame at her house and I meet her parents
>tfw we go out and get pretty drunk while dancing my ass off
>tfw we come back and I sleep over
>tfw she says to me "I love you" at least twice
Anyone think it's strange it only took 3 dates to meet her parents and have her tell me she loved me? I really did not expect a girl I met from Tinder to do this.
>tfw she has huge boobs and a pretty face
>>
>>24476627
>what should I expect?
disappointment
>>
>>24478089
>met parents and confession in 3 days
Looks like a yellow flag to me, boyo. Watch your ass senpai.
>>
Be prepared to work through the failures and disappointments

you can't ever give up.

Oh... and nobody is really who they say they are. Don't be cynical, just be unassuming.
>>
>>24476627
>Also, share your stories about being robots on Tinder.
>swipe right every time
>never match
>uninstall
>>
>>24478274
Don't forget the bots
>>
File: future robot.gif (1 MB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
future robot.gif
1 MB, 245x300
>>24476627
>finally matched up with a qt on Tinder that goes to the same uni
>she actually messages me first
>I ask her what she's doing
>she says she's just watching Netflix
>I try the old Netflix and chill line for the first time and it actually works
>I meet her at her place to walk back to mine
>she offers me a handshake instead of giving me a hug which threw me off a bit
>she tells me that she might not be able to stay long because one of her roommates drank too much and she might have to leave to pick her up
>during the 10 minute walk back to my place I'm the only one carrying the conversation
>we get back to my place and I turn on the Netflix
>she does to sit down at the opposite end of the couch
>I ask her if she wants anything to drink and she says no thanks
>about 5 minutes into the movie she takes out her phone and starts texting
>I ask her if that's her drunk roommate and she says no
>a few minutes later her phone rings and I hear a guys voice say "hello"
>she says "Hi! I'll be right down!" in an excited tone and leaves
>tfw
>>
>meet a chick who said her bf had erectile dysfunction
>she tells me to email her so he doesn't find out
>after chatting for a while I ask her to send a timestamp with her face next to it
>never messages me again

I knew it was too good to be true
>>
>>24478368
>she tells me that she might not be able to stay long because one of her roommates drank too much and she might have to leave to pick her up
Red flag right there, she was lining up her excuse in case you didn't live up to her expectations.
>>
>>24476627
I just deleted mine after never once getting a match.
>>
File: 1446399892633.jpg (58 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1446399892633.jpg
58 KB, 720x480
>>24478274
exactly this. fuck tinder
>>
>>24478368
>about 5 minutes into the movie she takes out her phone and starts texting
I fucking hate it when people do this, be it during a movie, conversation or whatever. And I'm supposedly the asocial one
>>
>girl's bio has her e-mail address asking for "pics of cute animals"
>seriously considering e-mailing her

Also, how long does it usually take to get a match...
I've only gotten 3 so far in the 4 days I've been using it.

Now I just swipe right for every girl. I mean what do I have to lose? (except my dignity but i never had that to begin with)

I don't know. The logistics of this app really confuse me. I mean, what are the odds of a girl who I right swiped using tinder long enough to randomly see my profile and also swipe right? Those seem like low odds. I hate how its so two-sided. I mean, I can see a girl I really like, right swipe her, and potentially never hear from her again. It sucks.

I have too much time to think about these things. Please help.
>>
>>24478368
>>I meet her at her place to walk back to mine

She knew you were a beta fail faggot from that early point on.

You go to the same uni and you agree to walk her, from her dorm to your dorm?

She was disapoint
>>
>>24478140
What do I need to look out for exactly?
>>
>>24478595
>3 girls in 4 days
I HAVE NONE!
>>
>>24478595
>>24478642
how big are your towns/cities?
>>
>>24478642
That sucks. How many girls are you right swiping? Because obviously the more you right swipe the higher your chances of getting matched.
>>
File: joes show.jpg (822 KB, 2020x2364) Image search: [Google]
joes show.jpg
822 KB, 2020x2364
>>24476627
If you look like chad, this.
>>
>>24478632
Anything man, girls can be sneaky as fuck.
Always check your rubbers I guess.
>>
>>24478368
lmao nice pasta. motherfukcing robot dont mute me for this.
>>
>>24476627
99.9% of women not interested in you in any way, shape or form because they have the luxury to decline men until they get a top tier male. Even average women will very likely decline you simply because they can.

The few women who say they are interested ending up wasting your time because they are only looking for their daily intake of compliments and self-gratification.

The very rare occasion that a disgustingly ugly landwhale or a 70 year old cougar happens to pick you in her list of admirers for a hook up after spending a huge amount of time accepting everyone.
>>
>>24478759
this

eqwfwsedtewrtye
>>
>>24478704
Why does this exist? I mean seriously.
>>
>>24478663
not very big. I go to a community college. I usually have the thing set to 10-15 miles
>>
>>24478793
i mean in population size

my town is only 25k, not sure if it's worth trying tinder since it's so small
>>
>>24478815
new jersey, so, probably a lot.
my town is actually only 10k but it also has the entire surrounding areas.
>>
>>24478681
There's an algorithm that offsets that because they think you're spam. I only swipe right for girls I could accept. Sorry, but no fat or ugly girls. I'd rather rent a prostitute than settle.
>>
>be girl
>make a tinder
>hundreds of men vying for your attention
>can pick and choose who you talk to at anytime

i wonder what this feels like, to have this kind of power
>>
>>24478792
Explain what you mean by this
>>
>>24478834
Really? huh.
Do you know how many swipes is too many?

Does this algorithm reset at all? Like if I spend 5 minutes just swiping every girl right, will that fuck me up entirely forever?
>>
File: 1366761983208.jpg (105 KB, 300x321) Image search: [Google]
1366761983208.jpg
105 KB, 300x321
Matched with a real qt back in NL. Started to talk, seemed pretty nice and all. Finally we met up a few times everything went great, and after a night hanging out in the city, we agreed to go up to my place.
All in all, when we were about to get schwifty, she bursted ou,t almost crying, telling me a story that his boyfriend roofied her in a club and tried to rape her a week ago or so, and how damaged she got after it, while being in the room of a foreigner whom she knew for a week and about to have sex...
I guess I don't need to tell that I have never spoke to her again and deleted tinder forever.
>>
>>24478890
what did you do in that situation?
sounds like an opportunity to help her and win her affection, as terrible as that sounds
>>
>>24478872
I honestly don't know. This is all just word of mouth. I'd suggest just swiping right on girls who you know won't be roasties.
>>
>>24478936
>help her and win her affection
Until Chad comes along that is
>>
>>24478958
I did try that
I haven't been getting any matches
>>
>>24478936
Dude, if you had some experience with gals, you know that even if you win her affection as you put it, it would take a tremendous time and effort to actually get somewhere with it, and anyway I was just looking for some fun, not a gf.
>>
>>24476627
delete it, been in there for a year, have a few fake accounts, you know what that brough me? pain
see those happy woman, and worse, theyr happy (ex?)boyfriends
i makes the toughts of suicide more intense and yet i come for more, to imagine myself as a teen with a teen GF
i'm still shaking from >>24478941
>>
>Beloved Nokia finally dies after over a decade of loyal service
>buy a smartphone
>never use its "smart" features
>hear normie coworkers talking about Tinder
>"local slags"
>"Chubby single mums with low self etsteem"
>I might have a chance.
>will need a profile pic
>take my first ever selfie
>look like a rapist
>channel my inner Stacy and take a dozen more
>choose the best
>instal tinder
>requires facebook
>dont have facebook
>"just make a false facebook page for tinder" they say
>sign up to facebook, do the minimum required, upload my selfie
>look at my creation - an empty facebook page with no friends and one slightly creepy photo.
>disable account. Uninstall Tinder.
>>
>>24479097
This.
Fuck facebook.
>>
>>24477567
wew lads. I got a chuckle out of that one.
>>
File: 1418228156215.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1418228156215.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>24479020
>if you had some experience with gals
>>
Alright brobots, lets play a game!

Early December I'm heading up to Cologne, Germany for a team event my company is hosting. I'm working home office here in Germany in another city while I'm still studying. I got a nice hotel room directly in the city for 2 days.

I was thinking about going on tinder and reinventing myself. Create an idealized me and basically tweak my social stats to the max:

1. Pretend I'm american for that exotic factor and maximum disconnect after. That's actually half true, I lived in the states for 6 years so I can do american English with no accent. Currently I'm back in Germany.

2. Pretend I have an important job. As i mentioned I'm actually just a part time design help at a tech company. I was thinking of going for advertising producer/director. I have some experience in the field because of my studies but haven't actually done anything too impressive. Might have to prepare a fake portfolio and company to secure it.

3. Probably gonna go in and revise some of my photos, get in there with Photoshop and push my chances of even getting a decent number of matches. Only problem is that most of my good photos are either in a studio setting or self portraits. That means no people in them. I have photos with friends but none that paint me in a very good light. Gotta do some digging there. But i think its important to have photos of me socializing to not seem like a creep/serial killer.

Gimme some input!
>>
File: 1444208852916s.jpg (3 KB, 100x125) Image search: [Google]
1444208852916s.jpg
3 KB, 100x125
>>24478704
>faith
>faith
>faith

>my fucking sides
>>
>>24476627
>see all tinder posts everywhere
>fuck it lets look at it
>app store
>lifestyle app
>hmm
>download
>open
>sign in with fb
>evaluate whether it was better to seem like a needy beta on fb, or give it a shot
>delete
>play smashy road
>>
>>24479454
>smashy road
GOAT app. Fun as fuck.
>>
File: 1446942160335.png (22 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
1446942160335.png
22 KB, 520x390
>>24478089
This made me angry I gotta stop coming here man
>>
>>24477960
sometimes I do this too with girls, I just swipe right on everyone really fast and then if we end up matching I'll go from there
>>
>>24477960
Because they do it for validation. They need to know that you swiped right on them, they don't need to know what your opinions and stuff are.
>>
>>24478089
I heard bipolar girls get very clingy. Look out for other signs of bipolar and keep yourself protected man.
>>
I just downloaded a similar app to Tinder because Tinder requires an FB account and fuck that shit.

Three ugly girls have said they liked me. I tried talking to a cute Asian girl and just got an "Ok." back. Text some other cute girls but getting nothing back. Eh, my self esteem was far too high anyway, I'm kind of glad I did this.
>>
>>24479818
>my self esteem was far too high anyway
dude same
not like it mattered anyway because I could never work up the courage to talk to girls

no i have no confidence or self-esteem
thanks tinder
>>
>>24476627
if you're a real robot you either dont get matches or dont know what to do with it when you do

>have success on tinder
>come to /r9k/
pick one
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.