[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We're you a cutter growing up? I tried it once and didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1444253277220.png (675 KB, 521x548) Image search: [Google]
1444253277220.png
675 KB, 521x548
We're you a cutter growing up? I tried it once and didn't like it. That crap hurts.
>>
HOW DOES THIS THREAD NOT GET AT LEAST ONE REPLY?!
>>
I've been self harming from the age of about 12

i just find it calms me down or drags me out of whatever mental grave i've dug myself
>>
>>24477111
How, though? It's just painful to me.
>>
>>24477111

I did it from 12 to about 17. Over 400 scars. Nothing like some shit I've seen though.

>>24477111

And it was pretty much this. Have problems. Become overwhelmed. Cut self. Pain becomes the focus.

Then I realized I was being a stupid tool and stopped. Just like that. This was in the 80s too, before it was cool. Lol.
>>
>>24477136
I'm not sure how, i just know it does

I think its because your body thinks its under attack and so releases adrenalin and endorphins
>>
File: 1445490463670.png (609 KB, 663x891) Image search: [Google]
1445490463670.png
609 KB, 663x891
Felt like doing it sometimes, but I didn't want to be known as that emo kid when summer came around and my wrists were in plain sight. Also, it'd probably just hurt and be really inconvenient.
>>
>>24476447

wasn't a "cutter" per se, used to get uncontrollable rage when i was really depressed and drunk and would punch the grip tape on top of my skateboard deck until there wasn't skin on my knuckles anymore

>tfw still have scars
>tfw I look psycho but think it's ok
>>
>>24477136

That's kinda the point. The pain becomes a focus so you don't have to deal with the issues you're facing. If it "hurts too much", you're trying to be an attention whore and should probably give it up.
>>
>>24477196
I always cut my thighs so no one can see
>>24477186
I'm on my sixth solid layer of scars because i only ever cut in a small area

i literally just cut scar tissue
>>
>>24477196
When I did it, I just covered myself with a jacket. There was a time when I forgot about my cuts and took off my jacket, then the guy next to me was like, "Hey, what's that on your arm?" Then I put my jacket back on and nobody ever said anything again. They knew it was high school and that people did that kind of stuff. Nobody judged.
>>
>>24477239
>Doing this helps me get over my problems
>"OK. Let me try--NOPE! Not for me!"
>ATTENTION WHORE!
>>
I'm 38 and still cut please kill me
>>
>>24477578
No, Tai... I won't.
>>
>she has cutting scars
RED FLAG!

CALL THE PSYCH WARD! TIME TO GTFO OF THIS RELATIONSHIP!
>>
I'm not a teenage girl.
>>
>>24478000
Anymore. OOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!
>>
>Think about cutting because I deserve pain for being so terrible
>Don't want to be labelled as emo or edgy or an attention whore
Were I to do it I'd do it on my thigh.

The methods I do that don't leave scars don't hurt enough.
>>
>>24478000
normie twenty something girl plz go
>>
From age 22 to 26 approximately.
>>
one time i was being edgy as fuck and cut myself to paint things in blood.
i also got bored at a party and was scratching my arm with a knife until it bled.
that's about it really.
>>
>>24476447
Sometimes I'd become so depressed I cut myself because I, as an animal who wants to see if they still work, want to see if I still feel pain. If I cut and I don't, I cut some more until I can't. It's unrelated to the depression, it's just correcting an error in my nerves.
>>
>>24476447
When i was 8 i cut tongue with a razor for some reason.

Saw my father shaving and i thought he was going something to his tongue.
>>
>>24476447
> That crap hurts.

That's the point. You focus on the pain and forget your problems for a moment.
>>
>>24476447
I did for a while, started at 21 and stopped a few months later. I mostly did it because I immediately felt better about whatever was eating me at the time, and eventually I started to like the weird pain feeling after cutting (not pain, but a rush, I guess).

Nowadays it's fucked up because when I get burned, pinched, or cut inadvertently, I'll like it a little bit - it helps me feel alive. The feeling is comparable to the rush you get when you snort coke/molly, but draws into an opiate-like bliss.

I started on my forearms, but somebody commented on it and then I moved to my calves/thighs/ankles.

I'd use a broken piece of glass from a bong I had in highschool to do the cutting. The scars on my arms are hard to see unless you're looking for them, but the ones on my ankles won't go away because they're more gashes than cuts.
>>
>>24476447
nah cuz its fucking retarded
told my counsellors/psychs that i did though, cuz im fucking retarded
also seemed to get them to care more
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.