[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw too intellectual for a gf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 22
File: 1423865417869.png (9 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1423865417869.png
9 KB, 645x773
>tfw too intellectual for a gf
>>
>too redpilled for society
>>
this might be me. i haven't met many people (men or women) who could amicably discuss buddhism, the merits of hitler's actions, and current geo political conflict all in the same conversation

one of the bar tender's at my favorite joint actually told me that i don't seem like a real american
>t-thanks?
>>
>>24475135
>Buddhism
>intellectual

The way to spot an intelligent girl is if she laughs at you.
>>
File: 1385757943224.jpg (190 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
1385757943224.jpg
190 KB, 1067x800
>*tip tip*
>>
>>24475135
>>24475159
>>24475081
>>24475051
>too pretentious for society
>>
OP seems like a really intelligent guy.

This guy >>24475135 does not. I tip my fedora to him in condolence.
>>
File: wilhelm2.jpg (45 KB, 342x400) Image search: [Google]
wilhelm2.jpg
45 KB, 342x400
>>24475135
not reading https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_of_the_Golden_Flower
you should not try to gain a gf since it will prevent you from getting one. (laotsu, daodehjing)
>>
>>24475307
currently i am reading the tao de ching. great stuff
>>
>eastern philosphy
>relevent
>>
File: 1442356889674.jpg (36 KB, 357x468) Image search: [Google]
1442356889674.jpg
36 KB, 357x468
>>24475418
>>24475367
I just recently stumbled upon it, and after reading more into other sources like the secret of the golden flower etc. (all that inner alchemy stuff), i finally feel like i have a goal in life. although i know its highly unscientific, i still hope some parts about all that enlightenment stuff are real.
>>
>>24475418
<relevent
i never said anything about anything being relevent. dont even try.
>>
>>24475535
don't be a fag

be a stoic instead, start with the enchiridion
>>
File: intellectA1.png (333 KB, 673x683) Image search: [Google]
intellectA1.png
333 KB, 673x683
That sounds like a real hard time OP.
>>
>>24475535
>he thinks western philosphy is "scientific"
>>
>>24475561
i dont need to be taught morals anymore, but i was never taught about spritual stuff. Neither about the bible, nor about other religions / beliefs. So right now i am catching up with my spiritual development.
>>
File: 1406516168571.png (516 KB, 680x418) Image search: [Google]
1406516168571.png
516 KB, 680x418
>that feel when no qt to discuss Buddhism, Taoism, metaphysics, meditation, philosophy, solipsism, or existentialism with together

Such is the life of being trapped within the confines of your own skull.
>>
>>24475603
western philosophy invented science.
>>
>>24475603
didnt say nor think that. It just happens to be so that i was raised to believe in science, and i was not referring to philosophy but the scientific views that are accepted in the western world.
>>
>tfw you meet a girl that is on pair with you in terms of intelligence
Shit was kinda awkward, after her I noticed most girls I talk to are dumb and lame way much more frequently than guys I talk to.

Why is that? Why can I have extended conversations with males about different topics yet I've only ever met one girl in my entire life that could do the same?
>>
>>24475620
I feel like i have to hide all that stuff except when im on 4chan since i know all the others would instantly think im a faggot and think im weird. People say nothing if you say that you believe in god, but if you say that you believe in taoism and meditation/enlightenment or even qi, then you cross the line of the acceptable in western society.
>>
If anyone ITT actually thinks they're too intelligent for a gf, you need to take a hard look at yourself. This is a sign of narcissism more than anything.
>>
File: intellectA2.gif (26 KB, 283x298) Image search: [Google]
intellectA2.gif
26 KB, 283x298
>>24475565
I really can't imagine what you have to go through with a mind so powerful in a world so flawed.
>>
>>24475755
i think i am too intelligent for anyone 2bh. and i don't limit my sexuality to a traditional binary system
>>
>be female
>go to student advisor
>some freshman is there discussing why he is majoring in philosophy
>he likes analytic philosophy
>he says the word "evo-psych"
>female student advisor breaks out laughing in hysterics
>i am also laughing quietly so he doesn't know I listened in
>I can hear him mumbling and stuttering a little
>"w-whats wrong with that? it's scientific"
>i can hear her kind of choking with laughter
>she finally calms down and says "okay okay, good luck out there"
>he walks out looking confused then spots me also quietly laughing
I would be not at all surprised if he was on /r9k/ right now complaining about women.
>>
>>24475714
I know that feel bro. I posted a response with ideas relating to philosophy to somebody to someone on normiebook last night and was outright ignored. I did my best to explain it in a way that's as easy to understand as possible (and re-reading it, it DOES seem easily understood to me), but I guess no one actually knew what the fuck I was talking about and I probably came off as a bit of a lonely madman.
>>
>>24475051
Generally those who think they are "too smart" for anything are actually not very smart at all
>>
File: intellecta3.gif (22 KB, 200x348) Image search: [Google]
intellecta3.gif
22 KB, 200x348
>>24475778
The solitude! The uninterrupted silence of this great mind!
>>
File: Sleep_of_Reason.jpg (328 KB, 700x1023) Image search: [Google]
Sleep_of_Reason.jpg
328 KB, 700x1023
The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters
>>
>>24475051
If you were smart, you would figure it out.
>>
>>24475159
>at you
>>
>>24475811
>thinks Evo-Pysch has no merit whatsoever
It should not be used as evidence to assert something about people (statistics and neuroscience should do that), but it can explain certain behaviors we know people have. Most general human characteristics are at least indirectly selected for. It seems fair to use evo-psych to explain why people are aversive to pain, for example, even if it lends to a less nuanced understanding than evo-devo.
>>
>>24475892
Saying something like that is vague enough to the point of having no substance at all.
>>
>>24475815
the first time i came in contact with the subject was via anime/manga/web novels (they have all that ki/qi stuff) and only later did i read the underlying philosophy and books, so my view is still a bit biased. Also, it is hard to find anything useful on the web relating to spritual taoism, since most of it is yoga, and i dont really like yoga (its too mainstream for me desu, and more like a fitness programme). Are there any real evidences / experiences of enlightenment and / or the existence of qi ? i only found stuff that either says qi doesnt exist because not proved, or people who say after rubbing your hands or standing still for a long time, your hands / body tickles / feels hot/cold etc.
any sources would be nice.
>>
>>24475811

oh har har being a stuck up cunt is so full of comedy!

Right guys?
>>
File: intellecta4.gif (44 KB, 433x356) Image search: [Google]
intellecta4.gif
44 KB, 433x356
>>24475896
OP, you poor thing.
>>
>>24475939
what the shit is evo-devo
I graduated in 2013 while studying continential philosophy and went to law school. I thought I knew all the good buzzwords by now
>>
>>24475535
>enlightenment

'Enlightenment' is just the bone Buddhists throw at you as a reward for uncritically believing crap about 'ultimate truth' or 'pure awareness'.
>>
I've had a few girls literally throw themselves at me in the past because I'm tall good looking have good genetics etc. I like to think I turned those roastie bitches down but in reality I ruined my opportunity of having any semblance of a normal relationship with females and really males as well due to crippling anxiety social ineptitude and autism. I feel bad for the anons who are genuinely ugly, fat, or have a severe mental disorder. I really have a lot of wasted potential.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 668x438) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 668x438
Piss off kekfag
>>
File: 176855.jpg (522 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
176855.jpg
522 KB, 1280x1024
>>24475974
Well, have you ever tried listening to lectures by Alan Watts? Some of the topics he covers I find very interesting and thought-provoking. I recommend giving these ones in particular a listen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48JEnQ1kJnc (part 1/2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usuiWDHxe9c (part 2/2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH9H7f97AfI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVyrasGrRO0

I also recommend watching these. They're all great material from a great professor:

https://thepiratebay.co.in/torrent/5794723/TTC_Video_-_No_Excuses__Existentialism_and_the_Meaning_of_Life
>>
>>24476256
>Alan Watts

Every time you forget how retarded some people are...
>>
>>24476256
k thanks, will look into it later, but gtg now, wont be online again before thread dies probably.
>>
>>24476110
Evolutionary development. Use google you fucking moron.
>>
>>24476321
oh okay for some reason I just automatically started imagining devo which seems much more interesting than what you mentioned.

couldn't get devo off my mind man
>>
>>24476285
In other words, he is an idiot in the most literal sense, a pony with precisely no insight whose only trick is to take two words, make a pseudoparadox such as "you don't exist" and "you don't die" or "suffering is happiness" or "drive is letting go" or "knowledge is ignorance", and then pretending to argue that it is true because this or that definitional abuse ('you are (not) your thoughts/perceptions'-tier), always with a ham-fisted anti-intellectual motive.

He would be intellectual chaff if he weren't so harmful. That he is consistently considered an intellectual, a philosopher, wise, and so on, is the society's most shameful facts.
>>
>>24475135
Hitler was only great because of his ability to unify a country. His leadership was pretty good as well until he got cocky and then got fucked.
I admire his journey to power from an abusive background to a leader of a country and era no one will forget.

He also seemed like a pretty cool guy: animal lover, vegetarian, non smoker. Very conscientious.

if I could go back in time, I'd replace Eva and love him how he should be loved
>>
>>24475620
>philosophy
What are you, a faggot ?
Also: *tips enlightment*
>>
>>24476404
I actually used to despise him as well, back when I was less knowledgeable on the subject and the things he talked about seemed like a load of hot air to me. But as I delved deeper down the rabbit hole by other means, he began to grow on me more and more to the point that he has altered my worldview for the better. Try giving this one a listen. It's short, and I think you may find it more interesting than you once thought. It's fine if you disagree with him on some points, in fact you certainly should. You don't need to accept it all as fact, just play with it and ponder it. That's what philosophy is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbWWT3X8Ebo
>>
>>24476536
>You don't need to accept it all as fact, just play with it and ponder it. That's what philosophy is.

Jesus Christ.

Okay, you literally got me shaking. 'Vile' and 'loathe' do not do this justice. I do not know the words in English language with which to describe your, and your idol's, cowardice. Evil is bad. Cowardice is bad. But evil AND cowardice AND justification of it is just... I have no words.

You think that just because you say 'oh, my brain-rotting garbage how you are the reality and reality is the self and self is perception and perception is non-existence and existence is the present and the present is *points to the window* and *points to the window* is truth and truth is the self and the self is the non-self' is garbage, it excuses you from the responsibility for poisoning people with it?

'IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO IT'S JUST A PRANK?'

No. You cowardly, cravenly scum. You are full intentionally saying this knowing that it not only lads people to care less about defining terms, it will also stop caring about THAT HAVING STOPPED CARING even, because 'lol it's just a game, it's just a game, why so serious'. Implying, implying, implying a layer upon a layer of delusion, such as 'all thinking is meaningless, eventually'. All to the effect of thinking less.

Vile. Vile. Vile.
>>
>>24476536
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbWWT3X8Ebo

And this poison... Well, yet again, heavy-handed manipulation (by hammering into people in many ways that 'you don't exist, you are not your brain, you are the explosion, you are the world, you are this, or that, or that, just not your physical body') to get them to stop thinking, but instead just having their brains float in meaningless conceptual soup. Plus justification of figurative language (I know I just committed it, but there is literally no way to refer to your spew), implication of free will, denial of material reality... the whole toolset of an anti-intellectual. And I just skimmed it, being unable to stomach reading it all.

Vile. Vile. Vile.
>>
>>24476650
>>24476755
Evil... is one thing.

Selling evil as good... is another.

But living on a planet on which people delude themselves that evil is good and expose their loved ones to it, to the same effect... is too much.
>>
>>24475051
Yeah. You need to act more like a filthy animal aka nigger to get modern women
>>
>>24476650
What is the matter with you? None of what I said had anything to do with any of that. If Buddhism or Taoism don't fit your narrative, then that's on you.

>>24476755
That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. You and I both know that you can't talk people out of illusions. Bit of a nihilist, aren't you?
>>
>>24476849
And now you have the nerve to state that I should just let this inhuman act of crab mentality, 'if I can't think and communicate clearly and unambiguously and explicitly, then no one will', because 'idiots will be idiots' anyway. And even imply that it's impossible. And even imply that my anger is fine, thus hoping to get me to concede, one way or another, that 'anger is what it is, but what is even more important than it is coming to terms with it'.

I don't want to live. I don't want to witness this.
>>
>>24476536
>the source of all light is in the eye

It hurts.

Not the figurative language, no, not really. I am not autistic, after all.

What hurts is the awareness that there are people whom this evil man heartlessly manipulates for solely his own ego trip, implying (implying... implying... he only implies, never says explicitly, and that he does for a reason, too...) to them that his figurative language is superior to the fact that eyes do not emit the light (or rather, only do slightly). That he's doing it so to drag the society down, so that his language games are better welcome. That he's doing this consciously.
>>
>>24476997
And that for all this heartless, conscious manipulation and degeneration of his readers for his own egoistic profit, he's going to be, possibly forever, extolled as an eye-opener and a truly aware, kind man.
>>
File: 1446929945342.png (124 KB, 1798x504) Image search: [Google]
1446929945342.png
124 KB, 1798x504
>>24476892
I didn't state that you should do anything whatsoever. I do hope that you're able to find some sort of meaning to life on your own terms. Or perhaps you just wish for there not to be anything of meaning whatsoever?

>I don't want to live. I don't want to witness this.

I know the feeling. Pic related.

>>24476997
You're taking that too literally. It's not referring to the origin of light. It goes without saying that light does not exist from within the eye.
>>
i think you meant pretentious, fucking neckbeards.
>>
File: 1421068472164.png (444 KB, 465x455) Image search: [Google]
1421068472164.png
444 KB, 465x455
>>24476892
>>24476650
>>24476404
holy shit, it's you again

i've seen you lose your shit at buddha babbies in so many fucking threads
>>
>>24477050
>I know the feeling.

Had you said that to my face, your nose would have been broken.

>You're taking that too literally. It's not referring to the origin of light.

You... are you... Do you really not understand?

OF COURSE.

Jesus.

OF COURSE he...

Sweet Christ.

OF COURSE he is going to imply that 'this is just a harmless language game, we all know that light comes from from certain chemicals, wink wink'. That's not the point AT ALL. The point is that IN DOING THAT, he implies that LITERALNESS AND FIGURATIVENESS ARE A MANNER OF CONVENTION, OF CONTEXT, ETC. That wink wink, it's fine to be figurative sometimes, all choices are arbitrary, including whether to speak figuratively or literally. That's harmful in itself, because literalness takes brainwork, and figurativeness doesn't, so people'll be attracted to the latter. Which is exactly what he wants. The more he implies that 'nothing matters, including evaluating whether to communicate literally or figuratively', the less people are going to do it. And that's what he wants. He wants to displace in brains merits of particular choices with the constant floating 'psychedelic' stream of sensations that 'defining is arbitrary'... 'concepts are arbitrary...' 'thoughts are arbitrary...' 'right and wrong is arbitrary...' 'language is arbitrary...' 'truth is arbitrary...'. THAT'S his goal. That you never are concerned with the level of CHOICE of definitions, CHOICE of language, CONSIDERATION of consequences of your actions anymore.

I want to die.

I know of no way to explain your evil to people.
>>
>tfw gf doesnt talk about cool stuff to keep up her stacy appearance
>tfw pussy game too good to drop
>>
>>24476892
Hey man.... you are the universe... know that and chill. Everything is gonna be okay. We're all one. Let it flow through you and you'll understand.
>>
>>24477181
I feel powerless. There are those evil people who are much more intelligent than me and I can barely explain.
>>
Why is everyone in this thread a liberal arts fag? Why can't you people pick up worthwhile technical degrees?
>>
>>24477181
Your sperging out is so cute. Be my bf.
>>
>>24477282
Only if you understand the Watts brand of manipulation more than me, so I become more adept at noticing and exposing it.
>>
File: 1443180182862.png (436 KB, 498x516) Image search: [Google]
1443180182862.png
436 KB, 498x516
>>24477181
>>24477215
autism screams: it's time to listen
>>
>>24477306
I laughed. Love that pic. Thanks, anon.
>>
time to go home, big guy https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/
>>
>>24477181
>Had you said that to my face, your nose would have been broken.

Oh man, thanks for the belly laugh. You sure seem to enjoy a debate. I agree that much of what he says consists of a lot of colorful language, but from those ideas you can come to your own conclusions. But it seems to me that all you're doing is staring into the abyss, deriving no meaning from it whatsoever.
>>
>>24477191
i promise if she knew this is how you felt she wouldn't want to be with you anyways.and tbqh you probably don't inspire conversations about "cool stuff"
>>
>>24477301
http://youtu.be/7gUfB-VOh3U
>>
>>24477386
>Oh man, thanks for the belly laugh.

It was not to accomplish anything; it was an information. Don't underestimate what people might feel when someone who consciously harms people they care for says that he sympathizes with that person. Think about this for a moment.

>[...] from those ideas you can come to your own conclusions.

This 'can' is immaterial, and this 'from' is ambiguous. One 'can' come to conclusions from a taking bullet to the head, too, if he survives. But the fact that Watts' poison can be analyzed, not at face value, but as understanding his motives behind saying it, doesn't mean that the average person will not degenerate dramatically after hearing it.
>>
>>24477552
Lmao that pic tho
>>
>>24477552
How do you "misuse" intelligence?
>>
>>24475051
>Nobody wants me
>That's obviously because i'm too good.

That's not how it works.
>>
>>24477645
Cf. the videos posted in this thread.
>>
>>24477521
Funny, but that not at all at Watts' level of filth. At least that guy isn't simultaneously suggesting that figurative language is good, and bad, and good as bad at the same time, and that thinking about good and bad of figurativeness vs literanless is good and bad as the same time.
>>
>>24477440
nah she's really smart, she just doesn't like to talk to me about intellectual stuff. she just has other interests
>>
>>24477669
http://www.theonion.com/article/area-mans-intelligence-probably-just-too-intimidat-33916
>>
>>24477606
>Don't underestimate what people might feel when someone who consciously harms people they care for says that he sympathizes with that person.

The same could be said about all religions. Buddhism to me, however, is not really a religion, but more of a way of life.

>understanding his motives behind saying it, doesn't mean that the average person will not degenerate dramatically after hearing it.

It goes without saying that the meaning derived from it will vary from person to person. A human needs to find meaning to their life on their own terms. Once you realize that your sense of self is an ego, then you will understand that, but I wouldn't count on it in your case.
>>
>>24477817
>Buddhism to me, however, is not really a religion, but more of a way of life.

The old pulling-the-definition. 'Hey guys, can I no longer be a religion? It's boring and I don't wanna be mixed with Christianity and Islam and all. I'm gonna include a couple fine print dogmas that totally-were-essential-to-me-since-my-establishment that 'there're no supreme beings' and 'we should be rational'. That's gonna suffice, isn't it? Isn't it? Okay, guys?'

I suddenly related to Oedipus...
>>
>>24477875
Of course, all that's going to happen is poisoning the connotation of 'way of life' instead, making it mean spiritual crap. Same as will happen with 'science' when Buddhists' hubris will lead them to proclaim Buddhism 'science', too. Oh wait, that's already happened.
>>
>>24477875
>>24477924
I never said I was a Buddhist, Anon. It's funny how you keep throwing out strawman arguments ahead of time in a vain attempt to cover all bases.
>>
>>24477817
>A human needs to find meaning to their life on their own terms.
>realize that your sense of self is an ego

Yes, goy, you're not a brain, you're an ego, or a non-ego, or the sum of your meanings, or a non-existent sense of self... or something. Just not a brain. Not a system which conditionally performs logical and set operations, uses definitions, and such. No. Don't think about that all. It's primitive scientist perspective. Trust me. Instead, what you REALLY are is a magic fairy label of 'ego', which magically powers-up into a super-magic fairy label of 'sense of ego' as soon as you happen to have a banal, crappy, self-referential, 'wow I am thinking, wow my priorities are relative, wow so meta'-tier thought. Yes.

It hurts to watch.

>>24477957
Of course, by all means make 'you're strawmanning' your 4chan signature, anon. Experience shows you usually even believe it.
>>
>>24478050
If only anyone else understood why religious people are so obsessed with redefining the pronoun 'you'...
>>
>>24478050
I don't think you understand what an ego is. If you believe you do, then you're misinformed.

>Of course, by all means make 'you're strawmanning' your 4chan signature, anon. Experience shows you usually even believe it.

Are you slightly stupid? It's exactly what he's doing, refuting baseless claims when I never brought them up in the first place.
>>
>>24478134
What is ego, anon? A bitter laugh is always a laugh...
>>
>>24478134
>>24478145
Also, I bet odds are 1 to... as little as, say, 4, that your answer will begin not with 'it's a/an/the...', but with 'it's what...'.

The significance of which will of course escape you.
>>
>>24478183
Or, actually, probably, even with 'it's what you...'.
>>
>>24475135
> people are not intelligent if they do not have knowledge about my specific interests
>>
>>24478183
>>24478202
See? There you go again, trying to cover all the bases ahead of time in a vain attempt to bait me into it.
>>
>>24478283
>cover all the bases ahead

What does that even mean? Are you implying I shouldn't have anticipated your errors?
>>
>>24478309
Do you seriously have no concept of what a straw man argument is? These logical fallacies of yours keep getting more and more ridiculous as time goes on.
>>
>>24478388
>strawmanning
>a logical fallacy

If it weren't typical. IF IT JUST WEREN'T FUCKING TYPICAL.
>>
>>24475815
Post screenshot.
>>
>>24478404
I didn't say straw manning was a logical fallacy. Are you slightly stupid?
>>
Buddhism and Taoism are literally high schooler's first attempt at being deep. Only people who actually regularly meditate and read all the principle canon works should even bring it up because otherwise you probably have a very westernized/vague understanding and sloppy interpretation of their principles and implications. It's really cringey hearing a guy regurgitate shit he read in Tao of Pooh or on wikipedia.
>>
>>24478448
You're confusing impression of exactness/specificity as results from reading the canon with actual exactness/specificity, which isn't there. Reading Eastern shit will just insidiously build a network of delusional relationships in your head, 'oh, term A is in relationship B with concept C, those together belonging to D', and you'll lose sight of the fact that they together are just imaginary products of a schizotypal brain.
>>
>>24478528
A religious Stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>24478566
>>24478528
Or, alternatively, religious sour grapes: 'it's not what I don't understand (e.g. math or logic) that's true understanding, true understanding and profundity is what I do feel I understand!'.
>>
>>24477181
Basically this guy is really mad because new age Buddhist bullshit is just worthless deconstructionism whose arguments slip through your hands like jelly because it never actually takes a stance. It just retreats and reforms in semantics.

I don't get that mad because most people don't take that shit seriously. Real philosophers have already tackled the ideas of reality's relation to reach individual in much clearer, defined structural arguments.

Read some fucking Baudrillard or something instead of listening to Alan Watts, guys.
>>
File: 00001whatever.jpg (6 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
00001whatever.jpg
6 KB, 250x241
Is this going to be a daily thing now...?
>>
>>24478605
>most people don't take that shit seriously

Anon you're referring to here. I just won't let myself hope this just yet...
>>
File: tip.jpg (2 KB, 125x119) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
2 KB, 125x119
>>24475051

MAXIMUM

OVER

TIPPING
>>
>>24475231
inb4 fedora but society expects to keep you in line with the rest of the sheep some people want to ask the big questions, human beings are born wondering about things, we can't ever be wrong about what we say, first impressions always matter, which begs the question why does society punish people, it's own children in the first place? I want off this ride
>>
>>24478791
>human beings are born wondering about things, we can't ever be wrong about what we say, first impressions always matter, which begs the question why does society punish people, it's own children in the first place?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSbFZaoVJ3c
>>
>>24478827
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/stefan-molyneux

Oh, he's just another religious man who doesn't describe anything, but just reproaches and says how things SHOULD be. 'We SHOULD be free.' 'We SHOULD be non-oppressive.' Plus regular definitional religious game.

Another religious 'paragon of secularity'.
>>
>>24478910
>religious game
*games
>>
>>24478910
The truth hurts.
>>
>>24478965
I'm reading more of his quotes now. Like all religious people, he just indulges in wishful, immaterial thinking, 'if we just all went along and weren't "prejudiced" and were "rational" and respected each other's boundaries'... He's Tenzin Gyatso-tier.
>>
>tfw too normie to believe anyone is actually too intellectual for a gf

Protip: you're actually just too sperg for a gf. Philosophers and nobel prize winners have wives. Are you more intellectual than them? Btw discussing anime and /pol/itics is not intellectual.
>>
>>24478910
i don't hear a "should" in his reasoning, i think he's going more towards how the way our society functions, it creates suffering, unnecessary suffering towards all of us, we're divided, , we're told instead of taught, discuss these these ideas and you're seen as a crazy person
>>
File: 1447157823166.jpg (339 KB, 696x689) Image search: [Google]
1447157823166.jpg
339 KB, 696x689
>tfw gf too old
>>
File: 1440946979445.jpg (927 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1440946979445.jpg
927 KB, 2000x2000
>>24475051
I do not need a gf for i understand the futility of existence
>>
>>24475135
"you look like you don't fit in the culture you were born into"
>signs you might be autistic
>>
>>24479198
I'll have you know I go to /his/ and discuss philosophy :^)
>>
File: 1445314389875.png (647 KB, 595x960) Image search: [Google]
1445314389875.png
647 KB, 595x960
>>24475418
thank you, based Kant
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.