[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A common occurrence in my life is becoming overly attached to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 678x678) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 678x678
A common occurrence in my life is becoming overly attached to characters and stories that I experience through movies, shows or games. This isn't the normie level of being sad when a show ends or something I'm talking constant intense sadness over the fact I will never get to escape all my problems and go to that universe.
I'm just wondering if any can relate or if I'm just a massive man child that can't handle life.

Pick related, I would do anything to stay with Toriel forever
>>
Nah I can't. It's unfortunate, but this one is the only one that matters, no matter how shit.
>>
>>24474018
no i definitely feel you familia
>>
>>24474018
I know that feeling, family.
>>
>>24474018
I totally get that feel
>ywn save Asriel
>>
>>24474018
That's escapism.
You aren't happy with your own life so you invest far too heavily into those characters.
>rather than fixing your own

You aren't crazy, but you're starting down the path. Focus on YOUR life, and it will seem trivial after a short time.
>>
>>24474151
My life is going no where, all my problems stem from me and I can't fix them.
I know it's escapism and the lack of being able to truly achieve it has ruined my ability to function like a normal happy person.
>>
File: image.png (506 B, 76x150) Image search: [Google]
image.png
506 B, 76x150
>>24474150
Tfw you know you will never hug asriel in a field of golden flowers
>>
>>24474018
Completely feel you senpai. Id die for these bones
>>
>>24474284
You CAN fix them...it's just not easy.
It's up to you anon, the longer you wait the harder it gets.
>>
>>24474329
>TFW you know you will never hold Asriel down and rape his little tight asshole while he screams and cries for help, help that will never come because you murdered everyone.
>>
>>24474361
I'm just shit at everything, even just existing is hard for me with shot like this constantly keeping me down, I can cant even function as a neet that never does anything
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 600x531) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 600x531
>>24474343
I honestly care more about these two non existent characters than I do people I know in real life
>>
>>24474403
99% of people are shit at everything in the beginning. You need to work hard to achieve what you want.

It's all about making little changes each day. Even if it's doing just 1 pushup today.
>just an example, fitness might not be your priority
It might take months or even years, but if you keep trying you CAN get what you want.
>even if you fail, you will be happy that you TRULY tried
>>
>>24474507
My life was going alright until a couple months ago when I drank too much and got some kind of brain damage, I have lost all motivation to do anything but wank, play vidya and cry
>>
>>24474343
I can never kill them.
Not because I don't want to have a bad time, but because I can't take Papyrus from Sans, I know the feel of losing a sibling.
>>
I care so much for all UT characters idk. I don't want to replay it because Flowey started to talk about how they would be ereased from the timeline and I just couldn't
>>
>>24474018
You most likely have an underlying personality disorder stemming from a shitty childhood.
>>
>>24474329
>ywn have a childhood friend who isn't pretending to be your friend because your mom and his mom are drinking buddies
>>
>>24474609
I restarted with the sole goal of playing the neutral and pacifist runs again. I just can't tear myself away from the characters. I'll make it all right again
>>
>>24474575
I'm sorry to hear that anon...
Unfortunately that will make things even harder for you, but that's the hand you have been dealt now.

You can either accept defeat and allow that to ruin your life, or you can rise above in spite of what happened.

If you have free time... I'd recommed that you watch the movie "Peaceful Warrior"
I think you might find it at least a tad helpful.
>I know this might seem lame, but trust me.. I can relate to what you're going through
>>
>>24474614
What personality disorder would that be? I have never visited a psychiatrist
>>
>>24474018
Sometimes when I read stories or watch movies I compare the story to my history and draw parallels everywhere, so it's like the story is a metaphor for my life.
>>
>>24474771
At least you get something meaningful out of them
>>
File: 4e6.png (943 KB, 1280x1324) Image search: [Google]
4e6.png
943 KB, 1280x1324
>>24474402
>implying you won't be the me getting anally destroyed with no one around to help because you killed everyone else
>>
I hate reality so much. I spend most of time fantasizing about things.
>>
>>24475166
It's pretty much all I do now. I fantasise more than I think about actual real life things
>>
>>24475011
Post more pics pls, that's nice looking.
>>
>>24475438
I have a version without the clothes.
>>
>>24474018
I know the feel.
>ywn experience a true bond like Sam and Frodo
>ywn defeat Melkor
>ywn put aside your differences with a dwarf to fight for a common cause.
>>
>>24475716
Do both, I have given up on decency
>>
>>24475716
Link
http://www.imgur.com/a/SNIfd
>>
>>24475973
Very
childhood bff/10
>>
>>24476094
I haven't
No computer and poorfag
I just watch it on youtube
>>
>>24474018
I've never felt attached to anything like I did everyone in Undertale. God damn what a perfect game
>>
>>24476391
10/10 game
I loved it
>>
File: booby.png (14 KB, 213x222) Image search: [Google]
booby.png
14 KB, 213x222
>>24474018
booby
>>
File: Damn son.jpg (94 KB, 511x606) Image search: [Google]
Damn son.jpg
94 KB, 511x606
>>24474151
>>24474361
>>24474507
>>24474681
i'm not the anon you were talking to but damn you're persistent in motivating some random person on an anonymous imageboard.

for that, you're pretty great. good luck with life, motivatianon.
>>
Read some fanfics senpai
>>
iktf
it's been like that with this game, and some cartoons before when I was still underage
it's just disappointing
>>
>>24474018
You are not alone with that. I wish I could feel for real life stuff as i feel for fiction
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.