[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mom asks me want I want for Christmas >say "just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6
File: flat800x800075t.u1.jpg (62 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
flat800x800075t.u1.jpg
62 KB, 800x800
>mom asks me want I want for Christmas
>say "just surprise me"
>she says "I would but i don't really know you"

Man that cut me deep. I've lived with this woman all my life and thought she was the only person on this planet who really knew the real me. Obviously I was wrong.
>>
File: 1447252835295.jpg (2 MB, 2234x1498) Image search: [Google]
1447252835295.jpg
2 MB, 2234x1498
>>24472213
Its hard truly knowing a person.
Partially because people change, also not everyone can understand people well.
>>
>>24472213
Im gettin books.
HP lovecraft and edgar alan poe.
>>
>>24472213
What would you want, OP? I'm curious.
>>
>>24472368
HP lovecraft? Nice, I have all his books but in e-book form on my kindle. Some guy on /x/ was kind enough to give me a download link. But I would love to have physical versions of his book for collection reasons.
>>
File: 1385585018495.png (149 KB, 603x660) Image search: [Google]
1385585018495.png
149 KB, 603x660
>>24472213
>tfw family keeps offering me books from the same author I like when I was 12, every birthday and christmas
>didn't read any of those in the last 6 years or so
>pretend I'm happy with my presents so that they don't feel bad
>>
>>24472390
Do you mind sharing that link with us?
>>
Get out of your fucking room and talk to the women who raised you. you fucking disapointments. Don't you feel embarrassed or ashamed in your self? Fuck sake of course you don't you autistic dip shits
>>
>>24472213

"Live with a man 40 years, share his house, his meals, speak on every subject. Then tie him up and hold him over the volcano's edge. And on that day you will finally meet the man." ~ Sun Tzu

I think this explains your situation nicely.
>>
>>24472407
http://arkhamarchivist.com/free-complete-lovecraft-ebook-nook-kindle/
here you go
Nice and legal, too
>>
>>24472213
My family got me car insurance for my birthday
Nice, thoughtful gift. I spend a lot of time and money thinking about these things and I get this.
And its not like they are paying for it either. They literally just got me a form and paid the small initial fee.
>>
>>24472457
Thanks friend. No worries if it's illegal (3rd world lolz)
>>
>>24472440
No, that's not the situation at all.
>>
>>24472531
Happy to share the great author with anyone.
>>
>>24472480
Last Christmas I got a washing machine.
On one hand being an adult suck, but it was like an $800 machine so that saved me a lot of money.
>>
>Implying anyone here's parents really now them
The only person that ever knew me was my grandma, i would always get stupid shit from my parents on christmas, like a skateboard or a 2/10 video game, hell when i was 18 they got me a little laptop that had the Nickelodeon slime design on it, when i was 18, EIGHT FUCKING TEEN
>>
>>24472544
Do you not understand the quote? Because it basically said the exact same thing you did.

You can live with someone all your life and not really know them even if you talked about every conceivable thing.
>>
>>24472213
>>24472398

>have 2 rich aunties
>neither of them have kids so they're pretty clueless
>one is lesbian with gambling and drug problem, let's call her #1, other one is some ex Stacy who is fucking weird as fuck and has mental issues and married some ugly old fat dude to get rich, let's call her #2
>Never see them because my mom hates them, mom starts talking to them both again when I'm about 9 yrs old
>#2 is trying to build a relationship with us so I get excited as shit for Christmas thinking she'll buy me a PS2 with some WWE games like I hinted at or a bike or something cool and expensive like that
>Christmas arrives oh hells yeah.jpg
>"here you go, anon :)"
>it's a fucking Winnie the Pooh toothbrush, toothpaste and some Enid Blyton books
>fucking scream and cry, she has a small mental breakdown and cries too
>go to #1's, her weird gf is there but it's okay because it probably means double presents as gf is desperate to be accepted into the family
>both of them are on 6 figure incomes so have the same expectations
>"merry Christmas anon, we hope you like it :)"
>...a plastic bag of shitty RAISIN cookies and a fucking yoyo
>autism tantrum episode, call them disgusting dykes and make my mom take me home
>she gets mad at them both since we're dirt poor and after a few more weeks they're not talking again
>last year, theyre talking again
>#2 doesn't buy me anything, but I'm okay with it because of the emotional meltdown
>#1 buys me a present
>...it's a fucking yoyo again and a copy of the Hunger Games

Fuck extended relatives who buy you kid's shit every Christmas. Fuck them.
>>
>>24472845
You sound like a spoiled brat. I am happy you didn't get what you wished for.
>>
Thats way in my family, we all just pick a number,where each refers to family member, then we choose what we want(going for kzumonogatari light novel which comes out december, tekken tag tournament 2 and dark souls2scholar of first sinfor xbox) and thats it
You buy gift for person you drew(mother passes that persons wish) and so we all get what we want.
>>
>>24472906
You know, the fun in secret Santa is not knowing who AND what you'll get.
>>
>>24472949
Imagine the shit you would get from sister or father. At least you won't be that dissapointed.
>>
>>24472213
>>she says "I would but i don't really know you"

I have the same relationship with my mom only it's I who knows it and she who's in denial.
>>
>>24472767
Nah, it's you who clearly can't understand the difference between OPs situation and the quote.
>>
>>24472213
Maybe it's because there isn't anything about you to knkw
>>
>>24472890
Nope, I was dirt poor and just desperately wanted someone more fortunate than me to take pity on me for once in my life. Imagine being raised by a single mother with 3 siblings and having no relatives to give you presents because your dad's chronic drug problem made his family cut all ties with him and therefore you and your mom's family did the same because she wasn't successful like them and because they were ashamed of her? It was the one shot of my childhood for me to get an actual present and to be normal and my fucking greedy Jew aunts who never bothered to have a relationship with any of us ruined that even though they could've made it a great day. Also,

>seriously expecting a street kid 10 year old who wore shoes with holes in them that were falling apart to be grateful for toothpaste and a yo yo from two millionaires

lol fuck off anon
>>
>>24472213
I don't need nor want anything and I keep saying that, but it seems my parents feel obliged to give something. So every now and then I find more money on my balance, but honestly I hope they'd have used that money on themselves.

And don't get me started on the christmas chocolates. Trying to get /fit/ here, I want to eat all of the eggs and none of the damn chocolate. Thankfully they're easy to pass on as gifts.
>>
>>24473088
Now you sound even more spoiled.
>>
>>24472435
>raised you
letting me sit on the Internet my whole life is not raising
>>
>>24472845
>sister has 2 jobs and so does her boyfriend
>they live in cheap apartment
>always joke about how they have so much money but never use any of it
>birthday rolls up
my birtthday is christmas eve, so everyone always acts like a cheap cunt and says my present is for my birthday AND christmas
>go to sisters house expecting something good
mind you, my family was on a tight budget thet year, so we didn't even exchange gifts, so my sister was my only hope
>"oh here you are, anon"
>hands me a tin can of fucking Nesquik chocolate mix
>hold back the tears and disappointment in my face
>"t-thanks"
hell i would've even taking books or a Yo-yo
>>
>>24473088
>mom has the chance to reconnect with family
>ruin it because he wanted a ps2 and didn't get it
>>
>>24472767
The quote implies that no human will truly know the nature of someone unless they were in some dire situation that called for it.

OP's situation is much more simple.
>>
2013 gift was a new PC
2014 gift was my own apartment
2015 I just asked for a wheely chair since all I wanted was a wacom I got for my birthday and I'm getting a couple expensive courses next year
>>
>>24472845
holy shit do you sound spoiled.

I guess those are the perks of being a lower middle class
>>
>>24473168
>works two jobs
>lives on a cheap apartment
She must be rich
You should be thankful she probably was loaning your mom money to support you
>>
>>24473202
>still getting birth day presents after 12
I don't think you belong here.
>>
>>24473259
Why? Because my parents have money and love me. It's honestly not an odd thing. I have even rejected getting a present when I didn't need or wanted anything
>>
kek
If I don't have mommies love what do I have
>>
>>24473283
Yea, it means there are people still caring for you. Something I didn't get to experience after my dad died after I turned 11. I don't think its fair for me to say and feel this, but I hate you for that.
>>
>>24472845

>fucking scream and cry,

You're a shitstain.
>>
>>24473308
You are welcome to hate me all you want if it makes you happy, it really doesn't affect me in any way at all
>>
>>24472845

I have a friend who once got a pair of scissors for christmas. He was grateful.

He doesn't browse r9k, and he regularly gets laid. Just thought I'd share.
>>
>>24473172
No my mom hated them for being assholes who bought her kids absolute shit for Christmas despite having new Mercedes and fucking plasma TVs in 2006. It was their fault for being cunts. My mom said to them that it was a classic example of them being greedy assholes and the relationship dissolved from there.

>>24473226
>>24473146
>"lol spoiled!!!"

You people are fucking retards if you think it's acceptable, as a comfy millionaire to buy your nephew with a drug addict dad who has never had a Christmas present before, a fucking toothbrush, god maybe not a PS2 but a fucking TOOTHBRUSH?! I would've been fine with some damn action figures or something but gifts that were both collectively under $25?!
>>
>>24472213
My mom knows that I view Paganmas as a shitty pagan, commercial holiday, that Jesus wasn't born in December, or even in the winter, at all, and that every single tradition we celebrate as part of the day is thoroughly pagan, and that the Bible even explicitly forbids a lot of the shit we do (Pagan trees, for instance).
She knows better than to even get me to come over that day, we gather on a separate day in December, exchange food, not gifts, and spend time with each other that way. My sisters still insist on calling me a "Grinch" but they're the ones who are going to burn in Hell, not me.
>>
>>24473088

>It was the one shot of my childhood for me to get an actual present and to be normal

You actually believe your life would have turned out better if you'd gotten a ps2?

Holy shit.
>>
>>24473344
Just stop bro, every body can smell your spoiled fingers typing in rage.
>>
>>24473344
You really shouldn't expect much from other people, I know its coming from a wealthy neet who owns his own place but it will only lead to disappointment. My rich aunt once took a trip all over the world and printed expensive presents for everyone except me, and I gave her son my old ps3 for free with all my games and bought him new games because I'm addicted to looking for deals. I didn't complain. The worst part is that my whole extended family went on that trip except for me and my father and sister because dad didn't want to spend the money. Still didn't complain, didn't say a word
>>
>>24473088
My family grew up so dirt poor, that we were genuinely happy to get clothes or shoes for Christmas. I never even saw a video game until I was 19, and I can't play them without getting really dizzy and nauseous. When other kids complained about getting clothes for paganmas instead of toys, we'd be completely stoked about the itchy sweaters auntie gave us.
To this day, if anyone gives me anything impractical (it has to be on some other day, for some other occasion, because I completely refuse to practice paganmas), I get irritated on the inside, although I'd never show it. I'd have been immensely grateful to have received toothpaste, and I'd have put on a fake happy face about the yo-yo, take it to school and trade it with a stupid rich kid for his shoes.
>>
>>24473478
And shit, man, a bag of cookies? That would've been a week long dinner supplement for me, something else to fill my belly besides a single hot dog split between five people and some plain noodles. Bro, hate to say it, but you really did act like a spoiled little shit, and the fact that you're still whining about it, as an adult, just makes you look like a massive faggot.
>>
>>24473356
>get PS2
>actually have something to relate to/talk about with other kids at school

It wouldn't have fixed everything but it would've been better than telling the other kids I got jackshit or making up some lie that no one would've believed.
I'm not talking in the longterm, I mean it would've made elementary a little better.

>>24473339
He's a fucking liar then. A kid in Africa wouldn't be grateful for scissors if they knew it was from Brad Pitt or some rich ass motherfucker like that. If my mom got me that shit I would've been fine but no, not from them.

>>24473439
That makes you a dammed spineless bitch. I'll fucking go over there to their damn multi story homes and scream at them a-fucking-gain they fucking deserve it. If I were you I'd kick each of your family members' asses individually and fucking smash that damn PS3 with a hammer just to piss them off. You need to be less passive.
>>
>>24473574
>If I were you I'd kick each of your family members' asses individually and fucking smash that damn PS3 with a hammer just to piss them off. You need to be less passive.
I know that I am autistic, but you are on a complete different level than me lol.

How hard is it to accept the fact that you are probably a little too spoiled?
>>
Sometimes that better than your mom knowing EXACTLY what to get you OP. my mom said she's buying me a new dildo as an extra gift this year because the one I have looks like its one its last leg. and before you ask the only reason she knows of it and sees it is because I put it in the dishwasher to clean it about once every couple weeks. it is kinda beat up though. got it as a gag gift when I was 17 and its seen about 6 years of use.
>>
>birthday rolling up, I don't want anything except a nice quiet day
>grandma comes to me
>"anon..I got you a small gift.."
>it's a necklace with the moon and stars on it
>"because you're gonna reach for the stars anon "
I love you grandma
>>
>>24473649
"gag" gift
heh
>>
>>24473732
You know now that I think back on it, it was kind of a hurtful thing to get from a friend. "because you don't have a bf you can have this". at least I can say it was a good investment and seen plenty of use.
>>
>>24473709
>one of my grandmas died when I was 12
>my other one is dying right now

I hate everything.
>>
>>24473478
>>24473556
See that's the thing, fucknuts, did you have a filthy rich relative? Did you? Can you not fucking read? Do you lack reading comprehension skills? Fucking faggot my ass I'm only whining because it's relevant to the thread topic, I'm over it, it is not the gift of a fucking tube of toothpaste and even though I hate raisins me and my brother and sister smashed those cookies down like motherfuckers, it was the fact that my aunts are so fucking greedy that they wouldn't splurge a little more on kids whose mother they treated like gutter trash and who they could well afford to get a little more for and who for once in their lives deserved to get something that was actually expensive or nice. If you think I'm pissing on about a damned lame present then you're not understanding me at all. If you don't think that level of sheer greed is disgusting then your morals are fucked.

>>24473605
No because I'm not spoiled. I'm fucking pissed off by greedy assholes. Don't put me in the same category as you you spineless piece of shit. Fucking 'autism', fuck off. I have anger issues but at least I can fucking talk to people and voice my feelings when something fucking sucks. The only reason you think I'm spoiled is because you're that fucking beta and that much of a doormat that you think that EVER saying ANYTHING to people that treat you like shit makes you rude or ungrateful because the concept is that fucking foreign to you. I may be extreme but fucking Christ if I am at the end of the scale, you are at the beginning.
>>
>>24472457

The entire lovecraft collection was 99 cents on amazon you fuck
>>
>>24472213
What would you want for Christmas?
>>
two recent stories
>#1- mom asks me to make an amazon wish list for birthday/christmas
>"if you don't make a list you aren't getting anything!"
>i actually want nothing from life
>problem solved

>#2- sitting at dinner table with mom and dad
>"Anon, if you want anything for your birthday then you are going to have to just tell us"
>"Can you get me a gf?"
>"..............................."
>"okay, nevermind anon."
>>
>>24472213
>tfw being given a bunch of those 25 cent candies for every christmas since i was like 11

Well i dont want anything desu so its fine i guess
>>
>>24472213
i dont even get presents
>>
last christmas I got a pair of joggers while my sisters each got a kitchen machine worth 1k. This year I might get an iphone 6s tho I only use my iphone to call my dealer
>>
>>24472213
>having a mom that wants to buy you presents
I've never gotten a present from anyone.
Well, Denny's does give me free breakfast on my birthday, but that's about it.
>>
>>24472213
>she asked me what I wish for on my wish list
> have you ever asked your girl for other bitches???
>>
>>24472845
>white people
Hiroblox pls I love bbc
>>
>>24472845

>you share a board with these kind of people
>>
>>24475322
>mfw used bound 2 lyrics on last sorta gf
>>hey baby we made it to thanksgiving
>>and ay, maybe we'll make it to Christmas
>she leaves me after 2 weeks out of NEET life and rides all the Chad's at her work
>was supposed to spend Xmas with her family
>first family Christmas ever since I'm an orphan
Thx for the reminder, anon
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 640x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 640x437
>>24475364
Anytime friendo
>>
>>24473649
Be my gf
Jasldjdhskakseh
>>
File: image.jpg (411 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
411 KB, 1600x1200
>fairly wealthy family, not mega-yacht rich but millionaires all the same
>always tell them I don't really want anything for birthday or Christmas
>every birthday and Christmas parents spend a lot of money on me, get me a ton of things I want
>gifts are fairly well thought out with what little I open up to them about my interests
>the fact my parents try so hard to make me happy these days leaves me devastated every year
The only reason I haven't killed myself is because it seems like such a harsh way to repay my mom for all she's done

I'm sorry momma
>>
>>24473814
>>24473814
That is the thing. You did not deserve shit. Nobody deserves shit. If you are expecting cool presents because of some bullshit tradition instead of focusing on forging family bonds (which in the long run equals more material AND social/emotional advantages) then you are stupid and/or letting your emotioms and irrationality, besides the feeling of entitlement, ruin your shit and everyone else.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.