[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey r9k i just wasted 4 years of my life because i wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: pepe.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
hey r9k i just wasted 4 years of my life because i wasn't Normie enough to get a simple job

>be me nerd in high school decide to choose a career path that focus on maths and physics that doesn't require me to talk to that many people, don't get me wrong im not totally socially inept, i have several friends have kissed girls (still virgin) have had a few part time jobs etc but im still pretty fucking introverted and was diagnosed as an aspie as a kid.
> decide to do mechanical engineering because all maths all the time, good pay etc
> spend 4 years doing my degree, never get below 75% on any assessment, love what i do finish with a GPA of 3.8 / 4.0 and have maintains that average for around 4 years
> as part of my degree i need 12 weeks work experience with at an engineering position to graduate normally this is done through internships
>since second year of uni send apply for countless hundreds of internships, send out a shittone cold emails and several cold calls to engineering company's trying to get the necessary work experience, i offer to work for free, i apply to jobs thousands of kilometers away willing to travel to any part of the planet to get the experience required, out off all my applications i receive around 6 - 10 interviews and get rejected by every single one
> now i cant graduate at all and will probably never get my degree due to my lack of 12 weeks work experience i wasted 4 fucking years of my life and countless thousands of hours and have nothing to show for it because i couldn't get work experience i would have been better off working at McDonald's for 4 years

I have no idea what the fuck i did wrong, have tried every possible avenue i can think of to get employed, looks like i well be a NEET forever or work as a low level wage slave till i off myself. The world is made to cater for Normie's even if you pick the most isolated and nerdy profession imaginable you will still be a failure forever like me if you are a robot
>>
>>24471267
Jesus Christ kid.

This is not how you greentext.
>>
>>24471267
You suck at being a robot aswell, just off yourself.
>>
>>24471328
>>24471315
ahh r9k you never fail to cheer me up ty
>>
>>24471344
I would love to help you, but it's honestly really annoying trying to read that.

tl;dr:?
>>
>>24471360
>be engineer student, aspie, still sort of normal have friends etc
>get good grades but need 12 weeks experience to graduate
> apply for shittone of positions cant get experience cause not normie enough for jobs
>cant graduate now wasted 4 years of my life
>>
All you have to do is a be a normie for 12 weeks and an interview. Don't give up yet.
>>
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard; sorry for your crap luck anon :( All I can say is don't give up. Obviously if you come this far you have to get that 12 weeks somewhere, somehow. Why do you keep messing up the interviews? Try to focus on that I guess. Anyway, it is at least encouraging you got some interviews.
>>
>>24471479
been trying to do that for 2-3 years now applied for thousands of positions sent countless cold emails and phone calls tried to take jobs anywhere working for free

got 6 - 10 interviews from this and was rejected from all off them

worst part is now im not in uni anymore and i have to explain to employers ohh i technically dont have my degree because i was too inept to get experience that literally everyone else got but you know hire me anyway so i can get my degree
>>
>>24471390
Why don't you make your own product? Other people will sell it for you if it's marketable.
>>
Just pay an extra year of tuition, graduate late.
>>
>>24471512
Ohhhh you're an aspie. That explains it.
My advice to you then is practice doing interviews. practice with friends, or even practice in your webcam and play it back to see how it looks. If you don't know what interviewers are looking for, there are a lot of vids on youtube that can give advice. Also, there are lots of other resources online meant specifically for helping aspies do well in interviews.

Another strategy you could try is making it known to the prospective employer that you're an aspie. But only if all else fails would I try that.
>>
>>24471516
If you really have applied for thousands of positions and successful in classes, the only logical reason why you are failing is purely you. Are you sperging out at the interviews or did you put my little pony as your hobby/interest accidentally on your CV?
>>
>>24471516
>i have to explain to employers ohh i technically dont have my degree because i was too inept to get experience that literally everyone else got but you know hire me anyway so i can get my degree
Say some bullshit like you've had family problems and had to take care of someone at home for a while
>>
>>24471512
>>24471555
>>24471550

not sure in all my interviews except the first one which was a train wreck i didnt spill spaghetti, was well dressed and got the impression the interview went well just didnt get the job due to better candidates

it could just be due to mega aspieness but i don't consider myself that socially inept, certainly not bad enough to be totally oblivious to it like i said i do have some friends have kissed girls before had a job etc,

>>24471568
will try this and will probably have to do >>24471542

>>24471527
i don't think people will take a chance on an unproven undergraduate for an untested engineering design besides i cant think of anything revolutionary to invent
>>
>>24471590
you have to be fucking up somehow, whatever emails/calls you're making are probably fucking retarded and the few idiots who accepted you for an interview realized how much of a retard you are in person too
>>
>>24471680
im sure i am doing something wrong most likely i am just sperging in interviews or something but its hard for me to change it, ive gone over interview technique with friends and colleagues had them check my resume and cold emails and listen in on the cold calls i make and apart from the odd spelling mistake or nervousness in a call they are of the opinion im not fucking up that much and just need to keep trying.

In any case engineering inst the most socially gifted field, i know a few of my colleagues who are complete social retards who are literal 200lb+ neck beards who have never touched a girl who have gotten internships.

I realize i must be fucking up or i wouldn't be in this mess but i have tried for years to get this shit right and i just cant seem to manage it i feel like im doomed for failure forever
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.