[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THAT FEEL WHEN TWENTY FOUR YEARS OLD AND HAVE NOT ACCOMPLISHED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: CIk-WUfUAAA2YF3.jpg large.jpg (23 KB, 540x516) Image search: [Google]
CIk-WUfUAAA2YF3.jpg large.jpg
23 KB, 540x516
THAT FEEL WHEN TWENTY FOUR YEARS OLD AND HAVE NOT ACCOMPLISHED ANYTHING.
>>
>>24469698
THAT FEEL WHEN TWENTY FOUR YEARS OLD AND WORKING PART-TIME CONSTRUCTION LABOR WHEN YOUR 22YO BROTHER IS A WHITE-COLLAR SUCCESS BUYING SPORTS CARS AND LUXURY APARTMENTS
>>
>tfw when 21 and haven't accomplished anything
>tfw all of my friends and family around my age are just racking up accomplishments left and right
>>
>>24469801
damn I'm 24 now too but my younger brother is on that track too so I'll be there soon
>>
THAT FEEL WHEN TWENTY FOUR YEARS OLD AND WORK AT A FAST FOOD JOINT WITH TEENAGERS STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL.
>>
File: 1437436007045.png (44 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
1437436007045.png
44 KB, 500x557
>>24469698

>tfw 23 and never had a job in your entire life
>>
>>24470009
This fucking kills the soul...
>tfw you want nothing in life and are seen as the worst of the worst for just "NOT GRABBING LIFE BY THE HORNS HURF"
>>
That feel when no one will hire me anyway after all this time unemployed.
>>
>>24470355
If you really want nothing, you should be perfectly content. Being incapable of achieving your goals is what truly kills the soul.
>>
>>24469801
22 years old and already buying sports cars and apartments?

what about the student loans?

didnt he just graduate?

how does he suddenly enough all that money literally instantly

you people love to exaggerate
>>
>>24471191
I'm 18 and on the way to that lifestyle.

In the past month all I do everyday is work. I get up and get ready for work, listen to business podcasts on the way to work. At work I study material to start my own business. On break at work I study for my college classes as I work full time and go to school full time. I go home and watch humanities videos on youtube to relax and fall asleep. On the weekends which are my days off I finish all of my class-work then I dedicate my time to finally getting that business to a reality, then the cycle repeats with lots of progress. I also go to the gym twice a week.

So, 2 years time I should have a degree at 20. I will also be able to quit my shitty job and sit back as my buissness runs it's self. With all that free time increasing my monies will be even eaiser and I will be able to make as many buissnesses as I want with no school or work. 50k a year would not be out of the question, which is enough for a 30k sports car and a nice pad.
>>
>>24471251
I have no friends. I'm simply slacking off today and going through a sort of crisis of the mind as I think back on how my past is over and nothing is the same as when I was a kid. This will be the last day I go on /r9k/ for a very long time, maybe ever.

You get what you give. Work hard and reap the benefits.
>>
>>24471191
Also my parents are putting me through college.

But college is a big burden and I don't learn anything that directly translates to my bussiness. The only reason I don't drop out is so my parents won't be ashamed of me.
>>
here is secret to sucess at anything in life

Hard work = Discipline + Time
>>
>23 going on 24
>Taking 7 years to do what could be done in 5-6
>Anime makes me regret my choices
>Have far too many things I want to do
>Can feel time tick away every day when I'm not striving towards anything

I never want to be 30. When I hit that age, it's over for me.
>>
>>24471337
How do you get the first component?
>>
>>24471379
Discipline = Hard work - Time
>>
>>24471375
Pick one thing and focus on that.

Life is is full of failure, it's about getting back up.

Life is full of regret, but there's upsides to anime and other regretful stuff

Time is always ticking away, but you're not defined by your success. We're all just people, all of equal value. It doesn't take success to enjoy life.
>>
>>24471395
I'm glad metaphors abide by the rules of algebra, but what exactly does that mean?
>>
>>24469801
wtf does he do?
>>
>>24471379
It's like a muscle, you have to train your mind. I have yet to achieve perfect dicipline but it started with me giving up playing video-games, and I relapsed a lot, but eventually I don't even think about it anymore. Then giving up drugs, then giving up chasing women for sex, then giving up endless browsing 4chan, then giving up endlessly browsing youtube, then giving up reading subjects not related to my bussiness.

It has taken me about 2 years already to develop those habits. It was a very slow process, filled with failure. Just like right now. But you won't see me here for a long time, if ever.
>>
>>24469698
>24
>no job
>no car
>no money
>live at home
>fucked 10 girls

How am I doing?
>>
File: 1440621939552.jpg (53 KB, 907x718) Image search: [Google]
1440621939552.jpg
53 KB, 907x718
>>24471414
>all of equal value
>>
>>24471424
If you can train oneself to do something in a controlled and habitual way.
"every month discipline yourself to go through the file"

For a long time, whatever it is that you're trying to do you will do. You can't get into the habit for just a day, it takes a long time. So discipline + Time = Success.
>>
>>24471466
This is true. People are born equal and die equal.

We are all the same really deep down except for a few differences. No human life is more valuable than another.
>>
>23 and never worked in my whole life
>drop out of high school and play video games every day
>still life at my parents home and do nothing with my life
>be fat as fuck if i go outside and walk 10 minutes my legs are already dead it's painful as fuck what the fuck am i supposed to do now how can i even train my leg muscles if i can't even fucking walk 10 minutes

my day consists of reading reddit, 4chan, other forums, watch animes or cartoons, play csgo/lol/hs/whatever free to play game there is cause i have no money and my PC can't handle any games that came out after 2012

if only i could just finally bring myself over to fucking kill myself already then everything would be fine but no i am such a failure of a human being i can't even kill myself
>>
>>24471424
If it's discipline for something you care about it shouldn't be too hard to develop it.

It doesn't have to be "i gotta practice 10 hours every day so that in 10 years i'll be good at this". I don't think anybody mastered anything this way. Small goals is the key.

As you move forward in whatever craft you're doing, you'll come to realise the amount of work that is needed from you to progress, and then you just gotta do it.
>>
>>24471540
Walk 10 minutes every day for a week. Then next week, walk 20.

Apply for a job close to your home. If you have to walk a little or ride a bike there, even better!

Make some long-term plans. What do you want to do with your life? Right now you might say "end it," but you only get one life. It's better to at least try and fail spectacularly than throw it away before beginning.

Just take baby steps.
>>
>>24471379
Topkek :^D
>>
>>24471629
and then ? how do i overcome my anxiety, my fear of other human beings ? i am scared going in public i've been a shut in NEET for the past 8 years

i hate looking at other people and i hate when they look at me, i hate to make contact with other humans i don't even look my mother in the eyes nor do i talk to her much literally reply with a yes or no to whatever she is saying when she is even talking to me which happens like once a day

i'm scared and i hate talking to other people in person
>>
>>24471718
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

:^) :O :D

:) :B :]
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.