[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I DON'T WANT TO DIE PLEASE HELP ME I'M GOING CRAZY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 250x250
I DON'T WANT TO DIE PLEASE HELP ME I'M GOING CRAZY

TO THINK THAT I'LL BE REDUCED TO NOTHING AFTER DEATH, WITHOUT EVER KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS UNIVERSE LIKE ALIENS AND SHIT, WITHOUT EVER MAKING A DIFFERENCE, IS MAKING ME GO CRAZY WHAT THE FUCK WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE
>>
>>24468252
Then close r9k and go learn, it's not hard
>>
Why are stupid people so... stupid? The more you think about death, the less enjoyable life will be. People occupy themselves with work, socializing, alcohol, drugs, etc just so they don't become like you, OP.

Stop being a NEET and life will have meaning.
>>
>>24468293
LEARN WHAT LEARN WHAT GODDAMNIT
>>
>you will likely never see aliens
>you will likely never go to space
>you will likely never have the option to move to another planet to live
>you will likely die and thats it
if that reality is too tough to swallow, congrats. You are mentally weaker than most actual retards
>>
You make up your own meaning. I'm serious. You just make the shit up out of thin air and if you can believe it enough it becomes your reality.

The brain is a strange organ, friend. strange indeed.
>>
>>24468341
>You make up your own meaning
This.
I'm not even religious but I live with the idea that there's an afterlife where I'll be eternally happy. That's how I cope with my mortality.
>>
I saw a how insignificant you are video on YouTube while completely stoned and I've been going crazy since then.
>>
>>24468252
There is a very good chance that we will reach the technological singularity by the middle of this century. If you're still around, you will get to witness the transition of our species from biological meatbuckets to godlike beings. We are approaching the dawn of a new era. If everything goes well, then we might be able to finallt answer all our questions about the universe.
>>
>>24468383
Keep dreaming, basement dwelling swine.
>>
File: tumblr_n52wy9aCuQ1tb05e5o1_500.jpg (104 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n52wy9aCuQ1tb05e5o1_500.jpg
104 KB, 500x489
>>24468293
>guy having a serious existential crisis
>first response is essentially "git gud"

Well good luck OP, you just got a fucking pearl of wisdom. (Seriouisly)
>>
>>24468327
Anything, like aliens and shit
>>
>>24468252
I have the same fears about dying. Personally, I hope for singularity to occur and for AI to grant me essentially indefinite lifespan. Should that fail, I'm hoping to one day have enough money to sign up for cryonics.
>>
I'm an atheist but I hate that atheism is true, I wish God was real. Reality is horrible.
>>
>>24468308
OP isn't stupid at all. this is a perfectly valid concern. the only stupid thing is your reeking fedora.
>>
>>24468586
>but I hate that atheism is true

you don't know shit if that rancid horseshit is true or not.

most likely the common definition of god doesn't even come close to what's really out there. maybe metaphysics (whatever that may be) are so fucking far away from planet earth that it just doesn't resonate with anything that happens in this place and most likely doesn't "know" either.
>>
>>24468328
>mentally weaker

no, just less ignorant

>>24468252
OP, you must choose to ignore. Fill your life with meaningless rubbish to make you happy and you'll never worry about death again, it might make you a normie but it is the only way to rid yourself of your fear.
>>
>>24468252
I used to think about this every fucking time I lay down to sleep when I was younger, would keep me awake for hours sometimes. Probably the only thing that made me wish I was raised religious. The thought is horrible but eventually you just have to accept it and fill your life with stuff to distract you from that.
>>
>>24470539
>>24469503
Fuck, dealing with mortality is hard.
>>
The human brain is hardwired to find death, impermanence, decay, and nothingness as horrifying and revolting as possible.
But it is nothing objectively "bad", "broken", "unnatural" or whatever other adjective humans apply to death. The world is what it is.

Existential angst is basically a "glitch" in the brain.
The brain can do so many things, but there is one thing that it cannot do no matter how advanced humans are or how smart we get;
The mind simply cannot comprehend itself not existing. It's too abstract and can take you mind to dark places. Our brains evolved to look far into the future, far into the past, it can visualise, fantasise, and conceptualise, but it never evolved to deal with its own termination because there simply was no need to in our early history.

So the most natural thing in the world is to not even think about it. Live life, have your goals, and keep living as if you will be living forever.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.