[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tired gamer thread? Post ITT if you've grown bored or despondent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1439957297784.jpg (71 KB, 640x674) Image search: [Google]
1439957297784.jpg
71 KB, 640x674
Tired gamer thread? Post ITT if you've grown bored or despondent to vidya, or if they just don't have the magic anymore.

>last game I bought was Bloodborne
>since then I've been wasting time playing FFXIV and WoW private servers
>got fired a month ago and drive to play vidya is even lower than before
>pirated Fallout 4 and have been enjoying it a lot
>tab out to browse 4chan a bit while eating
>end up spending 3 hours here
>go back to fallout and feel like its a chore with checklists to fill

How do I make it stop?
>>
I feel the same way anon. Video games are like a chore to me. I used to like RPGs but now everything seems like a go fetch quest to me.
>>
No idea OP, I'm in the same predicament. This year alone I have bought-

>An Xbox one
>Halo 5
>A PS Vita
>Danganronpa series
>Senran Kagura
>BRS Game
>Corpse Party
>Fallout 4
>COD BO 3
>Star Wars Battlefront
>MGSV
>Assassins Creed Syndicate
>Tropico 5
>Bloodborne
>Alien Isolation
>Witcher 3
>Dead Rising 3
>MGS collection
>Minecraft on the PS4/ Vita
>Dark souls 2 on the PS4 and Xbox one

I keep buying games hoping they'll kick me out of this rut of getting bored about 2 hours in and just shelving the game forever. I put COD into the disk drive and was getting angry when it forced me to do a tutorial, I was just sitting there thinking "I FUCKING KNOW HOW TO PLAY JUST GET TO THE DAMN MISSIONS" after about 10 minutes I turned it off.
>>
>>24465973
dude seriously

i was fired a month ago also, last game i bought was bloodborne

it too feels like a chore to me now

so... weird... but i know that feel
>>
>>24465973
depression thread or maturation thread?
both?
>>
>>24465973
I know that feel. I still have fun playing LoL and the occasional indie gem. Check out Undertale!
>>
jej I'm glad I never took up such a degenerate hobby.
>>
>>24465973
Forza 3 was the last game I bought and enjoyed
>>
>>24466498
At a certain point it is maturation. AAA games are as low a form of entertainment as Two and a Half Men
>>
fallout 4 and gta 5 for pc are what keep my gaming spirit alive..used to love mmorpgs like wow but now i feel like a fgt playing them
>>
>>24465973
yeah me to made a thread about it the other week with mr bean op pic.
>over 100 games to play
>no interest in any of them anymore
>just completed all hotline miami achivements
>no satisfaction just feels like checking chores
>>
yeah, I couldn't get into bloodborne either. it's just a bunch of grinding, backtracking, next to no story... it's just not for me.

I'm more into story / character focused games. the gameplay makes you feel part of it but it's the story that drives my motivaton
>>
>>24465973
Play mibibli's quest
>>
have fallout 4 stopped playing where you reach the donkey kong minigame on the terminal in tge beggining. Just because.

Am enjoying Black ops 3 somewhat but I hardly play anything anymore. On my vita playing dungeon travelers 2.

I dont care anymore really, tree of savior sucked, its fun but MMOS are deed forever
>>
>>24466732
not OP, I'm the guy who also said he bought bloodborne

I love this game and I think the story is really good, they just don't shove it in your face. I get that if its not up your alley though its definitely lite on story.

but have you finished it? the ending is really good. you need to like read every item and probably play through it a few times (which is an excuse i normally hate in games) to really get a sense for the story.

or read a lot about it.

or watch this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWOy6ioVHI its a pretty good rundown

wouldn't watch it if you haven't beat the game though
>>
I got so bored of gaming and how shitty the graphics were for GTA V so I decided to endure full blown psychosis and pretend I'm a GTA character with a game based on my state.
>>
>12 months ago, playing vidya when not at uni/studying
>6 months ago, stop playing as often. maybe 3-6 hours a week. Eventually stop.
>3 months ago, decide to play a game of Battlefield 4 again for the first time in months
>get bored
>dont play games again

I can occasionally binge a 4 hour session of Civilization V but that might be once a month.

Stopping playing vidya came about as it was getting stale, and I came to the realisation that I'm a 23 year old virgin with no life experience and I can lay blame on myself for getting addicted to games in the first place.

The flame has burned out, brobots.

Now I just lurk the interwebs for hours at a time, searching for jobs.
>>
>>24467016
Anyone want to play black ops 3 zombies on Xbox one? No mic needed
>>
>>24467016
What's your steam?
I'll play Civ V with you, if you'd like.
Also AoE 2 and 3
>>
used to be really good at starcraft 2, top 4 master league top 500 in the usa. had a mental breakdown and burnout though trying to make it or go pro or something. i quit working in july to try to make it at something, i hit top 100 in hearthstone a couple months back, but i'm really not that good. i'm trying in the moba games but i just can't climb the ladders in them, i'm actually silver in league of legends and platinum in hero of the storm, although i'm pretty confident that's not indicative of skill b/c ladder in that game is shit. i dunno i just don't think i can do it. and this is my whole life, games are my WHOLE life, i have nothing else.
>>
>>24467043
I dont play it on steam.

>>24467039
I've poured hundreds of hours into CoD4, CoD5, MW2, and some in MW3, which was the last CoD I played ~3 years ago. Feels weird man.
>>
>tfw no friends for games like smash bros. or mario kart
>>
Been feeling bored up until I bought Shovel Knight and Super Mystery Dungeon. Holy fuck I haven't enjoyed any game this much since Pokemon White 2.
>>
>>24465973
You are playin shit tier games. Fallout 4 is some shit you play when your internet is out. Online multiplayer is always best, especially competetive ones.
>>
It's because you grew up.
>>
>>24465973
Lmao you guys are fags
I am on my second playthrough of dragon age
Currently working on FF type 0
I only shut off games if yheyre had or piss me off.
Haven't picked up bloodhound because I got lost and can't find the next area.

Going to get back on FF14 in a month and DkS 3 and FF15 also come out in a month.

Been playing vidya since I was a kid. It never gets old.
>>
File: pepe287.jpg (13 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
pepe287.jpg
13 KB, 400x387
last game I bought was D3 when it released and alls I do now is play a WoW private server about 5 hours a week just for some PvP. I'm at a point now where I get bored with any game I play as soon as I turn it on

>some people that call themselves gamers don't know what it's like to neglect everything in their personal life and focus solely on video games for years at a time
>>
File: I know this exact feeling.jpg (86 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
I know this exact feeling.jpg
86 KB, 640x640
>>24465973
>>24466012
Ayy

I use to play Vidya nonstop, and now,it's lost it's charm

I made a point to conquer Calradia, but after that, I really had no purpose to continue
>>
i bought MH4U a while back and it made me forget about all the shitty games for a while.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.