[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My neighbor's cat hangs out in my yard and leaves mutilated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: browntabby.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1141) Image search: [Google]
browntabby.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1141
My neighbor's cat hangs out in my yard and leaves mutilated dead rodents strewn about

I've tried talking to the cat's owner about it but I beta'd out and the conversation went something like this:

>um... do you have a fat dark brown tabby cat by any chance?
>Yeah that's Musia, why?
>well, she likes to hang out in my yard and um...
>She's an outdoor cat, she does that some times. You don't have a problem with it, do you?
>n...no, just checking, have a nice day

What do I do now?
>>
Try spraying some pee in your yard.

It will be marked as your territory, so the cat won't come near it.
>>
>>24465068
>Befriend the cat
>Don't be a pussy and tell the owner you have a problem with it
You know, the two simple answers to the question that aren't the inevitable "kill it" that edgelords will post
>>
File: 1428349955939.jpg (266 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1428349955939.jpg
266 KB, 960x960
>inb4 OP kills it

just dont be a fucking pussy and finish the conversation with the neighbor, jesus christ
>>
>In before edgelord suggests killing the cat.

Either just let the cat on your yard or stop being a pussy and let the owner know that the cat is leaving dead shit on your property.
>>
be happy its purging your yard of little nigger moles, and mice
>>
>>24465138
Yeah. Or better yet, piss on the cat.
>>
if the owner refuses to do anything, take off the collar and bring the cat to an animal shelter as a stray you found. they'll have to pay a fee to pick up the animal. repeat until they learn their lesson. hell, if the cat isn't microchipped then they might not even know the cat is there and they'll be adopted out to someone else. outdoor cat folk really aren't the most responsible
>>
>>24465306
Well first OP has to grow a pair and actually explain the situation.
>>
File: redhanded.jpg (30 KB, 604x452) Image search: [Google]
redhanded.jpg
30 KB, 604x452
>>24465183

I tried befriending the cat a few weeks ago. I petted her body and face and she seemed cool with it, then I stroked her tail once and she savaged my hand then bolted.

Now she flees whenever I walk near, but as soon as I leave she creeps back into the yard and resumes hunting.
>>
Animal Repellent senpai
>>
>>24465362
>Offer cat food
>Don't touch tail or underbelly (sensitive areas)
>Keep this up until friends
>>
>>24465362
Plink it with a BB gun.
>>
>>24465356
while he should grow a pair for many reasons, it wouldn't really help here. most people with "free roaming" cats are thick headed morons that won't give a shit no matter how many reasons you give them to keep their animal on their own property. starting shit would only make them suspect him for taking their cat to the shelter. I can guarantee they won't keep their cat inside whether he talks to them or not
>>
>>24465068
cats are pretty cool anon, you should just accept that
>>
>>24465362
>petting a cat's tail
you dummy
>>
>trap it
>wet it
>shoe string around neck
>till it passes out
>loosen string
>it will be passed out for 2 minutes
>it will never come back and the owner will not suspect a thing
>>
>>24465068
>Become friends with the cat
>Let neighbor see that you and cat are buds
>Wait until no one is around
>Trap cat
>Remove all traces of identification
>Take it several towns over to an SPCA or whatever
>Leave it with them saying it was a stray you found
>Leave nothing you could be identified with
>When neighbor can't find cat act sad and pretend to help them look for it
Or you could just not be a pussy but whatever
>>
Tie the dead mice and a beer can to the cats tail. The cat will have a heart attack in 1 minute. Film it
>>
>>24465556
>Not having your cats chipped
>>
its killing rodents for you whats the problem?

Besides you gave your position away OP if something happened to the cat you will be the first one they will suspect.
>>
File: 1428447894191.jpg (74 KB, 783x1024) Image search: [Google]
1428447894191.jpg
74 KB, 783x1024
>>24465501
no shit

pet a cat's head and neck - oooooh yeah
pet a cat's back - you'll be ok for a bit
pet a cat's tail - could be asking for trouble depending on the cat
pet a cat's stomach - DEATH
>>
Killing the cat or taking it to the pound is out of the question guys, I want to deter it without getting rid of it or causing obvious physical damage.

Pissing the yard and strangling the cat with a shoelace are the only ideas I've heard so far along those lines.
>>
>>24465741
The fuck is your problem with the cat? Leave it alone.
>>
>>24465741
Piss the yard, or get some cat repellent.
>>
>>24465601
the shelter I'm at deals with stray cats. if someone doesn't give enough of a shit to keep their cat inside, then they usually aren't chipped. I'd say less than 1/20 cats we get in as lost or stray have a microchip
>>
>>24465741
Then try leaving a note, its easier than not having to speak directly to her if you are that much of a pussy.
>>
>>24465741
I don't get it, why are you complaining?
The cat gets rid of rodents for you before they can even get in your house.
Maybe if the cat shits all over your yard and you kept stepping in it then you can complain, but its getting rid of pests for you for free
>>
>>24465306

I agree with this. The cat does not belong in your yard, and they're assholes for expecting you to just deal with it. A light apology at least would have been acceptable. Take the cat to the shelter.
>>
>>24465902

They destroy bird populations.
>>
>>24465555
what if it tells the owner though
>>
>>24465068
LOl just kill it op
fucking cats
get a dog and say it was an aksident
or kil it and say it went mising
>>
>>24465902
It's leaving dead shit in his yard you fucking retard, and it's not his cat, he has every reason to be pissed off with it.

>>24465741
If you're considering killing it, don't even try to strangle it, it'll scratch the shit out of you if you don't wear a heavy jacket and thick gloves, and would be hard to do even with those. Drown it if you absolutely have to, but I'm sure there's groups in your region that can handle it for you, say it's killing endangered species or some shit, I dunno.
>>
>>24465068
lawn your garden you lazy piece of shit fuck.
>>
Steal it and raise it as your own
>>
>>24466100
yah just do dis op i fukin hate cops and cats
>>
>>24465725
>pet a cat's stomach - DEATH
Thats how cats play with each other, you are at fault if you give her the sign to play with her by petting its stomach.
>>
>>24466100

I'm not talking about strangling it to death, I'm talking about strangling it unconscious then letting it wake up and go so it's too scared to come back, like >>24465555 suggested

Any measure that makes the cat disappear permanently is out of the question, I'm afraid the owners would suspect me and make my life a living hell.
>>
>>24466152
no u gota kil it man
jus lik any cops that come
>>
>>24466126
If it's killing shit in his areas, it's a pest. Also, I didn't say he should kill it you retard, I just suggested safer ways of doing it if he decides to.
>>
Just kill the bloody thing. If owners allow their vermin to roam free then kill the thing if it goes into your garden and leaves dead rodents/ poo everywhere.

I owed some Guinea pigs and a cat that lives in the area killed one of them, I went and complained to the owner and they had that typical cat owner attitude of "Well they ARE natural hunters, she was just following her instincts". I killed the cat 2 months later when it came back to try and kill my new guinea pig, I caught it inside the pen so I just kicked it to death and buried the body.

Fuck Cat owners.
>>
>>24465068
buy yourself an outdoor cat to protect your territory
>>
>>24465362
if she flees whenever you walk near, can't you just walk around your yard since wasting your time here is in no objective way more meaningful?
>>
>>24466152
Oh, well in that case, despite his exceptional digits, it probably won't work, cats are stupid as fuck, and it would still try to scratch you if you did that. Plus, you know, if you're not willing to kill it, you're not going to be okay with standing around watching it being strangled until it passes out.

Just tell the owners it's killing animals in your yard, and if they don't do anything about it, call a local wildlife preservation group.
>>
>>24466209
ya dud do dis
i fucking kil any cat i c
i once even took a cat from sum1 fence even tho it wuz not outsid
fukin throw it on a bag and in a lake
>>
Ask the cat nicely
>>
There are humane trap cages for situations just like this.
>>
Doesn't a cat bringing you dead shit means it sees you as alpha or something?
>>
>>24466341
No it means it thinks you're shit at hunting and can't survive so its literally saying "You're shit mate, here's a dead bird".
If they bring you a live animal its trying to get you to finish it because its trying to teach you how to hunt.

Cats are fucking retards and don't understand that the food they eat in that bowl comes from you. Dogs understand that concept from like day fucking one.
>>
Pissed the yard just now, gonna do that for a few more days

If that doesn't work I'll try homemade repellents that I can google

If that doesn't work I'll upload the nest cam footage of the cat killing gophers to facebook and tag its owners. You can mock me for not having balls or whatever but I know if I tried another face to face conversation about the cat I'd just drop spaghetti again, it is what it is

ty guys
>>
>>24466341
Step 1: acquire pooper scooper
Step 2: anything that fucking cat leaves in your yard ends up on owners lawn/doorstep
Step 3: ???????
Step 4: Profit!

It'll at least piss the owner off, not much he could say to that either and its r9k level passive aggressiveness.
>>
duct tape the things the cat kills to the cat
>>
File: image.jpg (411 KB, 1600x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
411 KB, 1600x680
Give that cat a war it won't believe....
>>
>>24466441
Kek, do this, except with a bag of them.
>>
>>24466405
reminder this isnt op and Im going to keep pointing that out everytime this retard posts
>>
>>24466496

If you're a 45 year old 300 pound virgin who jacks off to anime girls all day acknowledge the truth of my statement by responding to my post with anything at all
>>
>>24465068
OP the reason cats leave dead animals is they consider it a gift. Combined with the fact that the cat hangs in your yard, means it likes you. Not much you can do. Who cares, the dead bodies are like compost will make your grass nicer. Go play with the cat and enjoy
>>
>>24466533

I'm a 45 year old 300 pound virgin who jacks off to anime girls all day.
>>
Would you rather have a rodent infestation? Also consider putting fertilizer on your balls.
>>
Just buy a gun retard

or an air rifle if guns are illegal where you live

its your yard so you have every right
>>
>>24466548
Sounds like complete bullshit made up by retarded cat owners.
>>
>>24466685
Maybe you could tell me who's a good boy?
>>
musia))
>>
Why don't you go shit on their lawn at night?
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.