[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: Ruse-Cohle----hes-here-to-012.jpg (36 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Ruse-Cohle----hes-here-to-012.jpg
36 KB, 620x372
I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight - brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal
>>
File: 1444600273574.png (366 KB, 599x399) Image search: [Google]
1444600273574.png
366 KB, 599x399
Here's your edgy fedora reply.
>>
>>24462821
Nihilism is comfy as fuck.
>>
Every problem you stated are direct products of our culture. These illusions, as you said, can be reestructured into instinct friendly behaviors that don't harm society in the next 1000 years I guess.
I don't see anyone complaining about their shitty lives on brave new world. Only the savage and he was an outsider.
>>
File: 1444779502484.jpg (164 KB, 887x541) Image search: [Google]
1444779502484.jpg
164 KB, 887x541
Have you met any normies walking in the streets OP? They're not self-aware. They're stupid and have problems with critical thinking. They also latch onto petty ideas trying to get social points and are too fucking stupid to realize it. Look at this bullshit with France. You have millions of retards jumping on the sympathy bandwagon to get all of the likes, favorites, retweets, etc. on social media. They can't even acknowledge their own sociopathic tendencies.
>>
>>24462780
>>24462821
I agree with both of you. I think we should all take a long walk off a short pier, but I'm not going to give any fucks on my way to the sweet embrace of death.
>>
>>24463066
Is that PC Principal?
>>
File: 1444762960035.png (503 KB, 475x837) Image search: [Google]
1444762960035.png
503 KB, 475x837
>>24463120
PC Principal is an ad that has become real life. So I'm guessing so brah. You PC brah?
>>
so, you stole shit from zapffe and think youre enlightened?
>>
Goddamn sometimes Rust was so fucking edgy it was almost cringeworthy but he was also right pretty much every time
>>
File: one.jpg (107 KB, 800x604) Image search: [Google]
one.jpg
107 KB, 800x604
>>24463066
They're not sociopaths tenancies, social politics is normal and happens in all pack/group animals.
>>
>>24462780
>We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself,
This is where you made a mistake. You think you're separate from nature, but you're not.
You still follow the laws of physics? So long as humans are restricted by them, humans are being restrained by the natural world; being restrained by nature.
>>
>>24463227
I pretty sure they have a lot of sociopathic tendencies while acting as if they were morally superior. But explain your viewpoint, I'm interested.
>>
>>24463308
Basically we're all clawing to be at the top of the social food chain, it gets us better mates better food and a nicer place to sleep.
To do this we'll deploy any time of tactics necessary; false sympathy or otherwise.

It is naturally occurring in all pack animals.
>>
>>24463066
yeah the reason that you're unsuccessful in every aspect of your life is that you're just smarter than everybody else
once you graduate high school you'll realize that in most cases (smart)=(both social and financial capital)=(normie)
>>
>>24463189
i'm almost certain that the owner of that pole is not the person who slapped that sticker on it
pretty hypocritical to talk about vandalism
>>
>>24463283
>tfw a body of water cannot move of its own will
>it must be acted upon by an outside force

In the same way, a human mind is not capable of making its own decisions, it simply reacts based on every single external input that its host body has received. The human digestive system is a curious physical representation of the consciousness. Both are little more than a sort of mathematical equation, altering inputs to a pre-determined output.

Taking the parallel comparison of the human digestive system and consciousness even further, we consider an equivalent of vomiting. Something has gone wrong, the machine is sick! It rejects the input and ejaculates something vile. What is the conscious equivalent of this?
>>
>>24463568
>What is the conscious equivalent of this?

#blacklivesmatter
>>
>>24463617
>#blacklivesmatter

That's interesting. Someone, most likely in an altered state of mind, screaming incoherent slogans into a megaphone is a good equivalent to the bodily function of vomiting.
>>
>>24463189
Hey, I know this guy. Huh.
>>
>>24462780
Yeah well maybe you should stop thinking, it isn't working out so well for you.
>>
>>24463777
The
>#blacklivesmatter
thing also makes sense relating to the nausea before the actual act of vomiting. In the digestive system, too much stimulus (food) will make a person sick to their stomach. Parallel to this function, too much input to the human mind (social media) can make someone sick, and they end up regurgitating whatever it is they 'ate'. The idea of too much stimulus to the human consciousness is perhaps also an insight into why humans need sleep.
>>
>>24462780
I see you have read Blindsight:
http://www.rifters.com/real/Blindsight.htm

Excellent hard sci-fi, argues that consciousness is an evolutionary dead end.
>>
>>24463833
>knowing people
REEEEEEE
>>
>>24463443
lmao normies acknowledge themselves as soulless sociopathic animals
lmao lmao lmao
>>
>>24463777
>>24463912

i was just making a joke but this is even funnier because it actually fits into the analogy

kek
>>
File: original.jpg (14 KB, 560x310) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
14 KB, 560x310
>>24462780
Casper knew that
>>
>>24463993
True, it is a good 'kek'.
>>
It's not a matter of evolution, its a matter of food security and comfort
>>
>>24464338
>existential crises
>comfort
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.