[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What branches of contrarian, unpopular "edgy/bitter cunt"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 20minutesintohaxanandchill.jpg (255 KB, 1280x802) Image search: [Google]
20minutesintohaxanandchill.jpg
255 KB, 1280x802
What branches of contrarian, unpopular "edgy/bitter cunt" philosophy or religion does /r9k/ sincerely subscribe to?

Examples: atheism, agnosticism, apathetism, nihilism, moral relativism, antinatalism, anti-humanism, and on the edgy "religious" side, oh, say satanism.

To round out the political side, there is also the anti-marxist identity-politics trifecta, for lack of better phrases: "anti-feminism", "racism", and "homophobia".

A more positive, humanist alternative to these is sometimes existentialism, but it still entails wearing black.

I know that all memes aside, most of you actually have personal views which correspond with at least one of the above, so spill.
>>
>>24461715
>antinatalism

I have found literally no decent argument against this.

>moral relativism

Neither against this. But you can still act moral without believing in them
>>
>>24461770
Also, atheism is hardly edgy or bitter anymore. It's the fedora version that is.
>>
I'm a hard line conservative Catholic, which is pretty edgy in this day and age. Conservatives hate us for our stance on the poor, and liberals hate us for our stance on women.
>>
What if I believe in God but think he's an asshole?
>>
Wow its like an all-purpose shill thread.
>>
>>24461786

"Fedore" being code for "militant" on 4chan, and "militant" being code for "actually talks about it in public and argues for it rather than keeping it in the closet." People will tolerate atheists but still rankle at them and the whining about fedoras is just an extension of that.
>>
>agnosticism
>edgy

it's literally the least edgy, most rational approach to the question of God that exists.
>>
>>24461886
Perhaps but most educated people have probably considered it at one point or another.

>>24461926
It's not any more rational than atheism. Remember that atheism means "doesn't BELIEVE in god." Of course no one has infallible proof that god doesn't exist, but it's still incredibly unlikely given what we know about the universe, and knowing all the sociological biases involved in established religion.

If you had to be 100% certain to have a rational belief, there would be pretty much no rational beliefs in the world.
>>
bump a fyej mein goodness!
>>
>>24461843
Look up yahweh
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.