[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have literally done *nothing* since graduating uni two years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11
File: sos.jpg (14 KB, 400x449) Image search: [Google]
sos.jpg
14 KB, 400x449
>have literally done *nothing* since graduating uni two years ago

I'm banking on either winning the lottery, the happening happening, or simply becoming an hero. Anybody else know these feels?
>>
>>24460937
2 months since graduation and doing fuck all at this point. I'm going back to uni next semester, in can't deal with this shit.
>>
>>24460985
its fucking awful, isn't it? what're you going back to study
>>
dropped out year and a half ago, done nothing since, time to end my life desu senpai
>>
>>24461033
checked. how long were you at uni and what were you studying?
>>
>>24460937
How do you spend your days?
>>
>>24461075
part time job. hanging out with my parents. drinking. occasionally popping pills and smoking. I'm heading nowhere fast, my friend. Don't know what happen. I have absolutely no hope for the future
>>
>>24461058
comp sci, 2 years but failed first becuase I was scared of the group work so didn't do coursework and then the second attempt basically never turned up because it was repeating those group work classes, not the solo stuff I passed and scared to do group all over again.
>>
>>24461131
what did your parents say when you dropped out? are you just NEETing it up now?
>>
File: 1445423370571.jpg (66 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1445423370571.jpg
66 KB, 722x349
>>24461114
Me neither, although I'm still in university. But I think I'm going to drop out soon because I can't stand all the stress.
>>
How do you support yourself?
>>
>>24461159
don't give up dude, please. It's fucking awful when you leave. Give yourself a fighting chance
>>
>>24461151
yeah, disappointed I guess but they're a lot more optimistic than me about getting a job.
>>
>>24461180
parents and money from a part time job. I help my parents out and I think they feel bad that I'm such a fucking loser kek. we go out to eat every friday.
>>
i am 23 and i am still about 2 years away from finishing my bachelor's with no visible prospects
i too am waiting for the happening to happen so i can have a warrior's death
>>
I graduated in 09 and have nothing to show.
>>
>>24461232
it's honestly all about personality/looks at this point. Employers can afford to be incredibly picky because degrees mean fuck all anymore. Fuck. Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
File: unsuccessful.png (193 KB, 500x676) Image search: [Google]
unsuccessful.png
193 KB, 500x676
Half a year for me, but parents wont put up with it.

So theyre sending me to a postbacc to study medical school prereqs. Meh, not so bad. Just more of the same.

I enjoyed my long break but my dad has begun treating me like im on his payroll just because i do some adobe work for him. Was tolerable at first but I now understand that he doesnt see me as a human being.

Theres a postbacc program nearby but fuuuck that. Gonns go for other further UCs.

And its ok OP. My friend says he might have to look to a year 8 graduation, and his older brother is 27 and still lives at home. As long as they can play video games and occasionally hang out with friends, they really dont see a need to care.

Its widespread. Dont hate yourself for it.
>>
Sup anon.
In the same boat, though I'm tutoring my younger autistic brother in English and maths in my spare time for extra money to redecorate my bedroom intop of the part-time work.
My parents probably are disappointed in me. I try to get graduate jobs but I fail, and I sell myself short on everything
I have the capability, but not the opportunity. And its the most frustrating thing in life.
Can't even afford to get a masters.
Can't focus enough to learn new things.
Can't even drive yet
I feel like i should an hero.
Then again, I'd probably fuck that up too and end up a vegetable.
>>
My friend group from college is almost all in the same boat. Some of them got jobs, but they live at home and just kind of work to say theyre working. I dont have a need for that pretense and my parents support me so I didnt get a job.

Like we all thought work was the final goal but nobody is happy. Its messed up and still very stigmatized. They say young people are supposed to have dreams but i have shaken my pockets down and found nothing absolutely nothing.
>>
>>24461368
Can't even afford to get a masters.
Can't focus enough to learn new things.

same here man. Like, goddamn. It's all so frustrating. I even got turned down from a job at the company my dad works for, and he's pretty high up. I just feel like such a fucking failure. My Chad brother is mad successful and here I am. Don't take me wrong, i've got a lot to be grateful for (good parents, no rent, childhood dog is still kicking) but shit, I thought I would've done more by now. The anxiety and depression is completely taking me over. The only time I feel at peace is when I'm outside hiking.

Anyway, that's cool that you're keeping yourself busy with work, friend. You should check out scholarships for masters degrees if you feel like that would help you. Good luck
>>
>all signs point to being a hopeless loser my entire life
jdimsa
>>
>>24461464
what's it going to take to get things moving again? because society is either going to crash or be forced to support a massive unemployed population.
>>
>drop out of same uni twice
>now working a full time job while paying rent at home
my dad is pushing me to find something else to study for
>tfw dont know what i want to do
>>
>got decent grades in Uni, even had some professors compliment my writing and saying that I'm a good student
>feel fucking nothing when they did so and didn't form any connections with classmates or profs
>graduated for a year now, just got offered to write a paper for one of my cousin's friends for some decent pay
>can't do it since I don't have much experience with the kind of format necessary for writing it
>tfw I'm now sitting here, wondering if I was ever good at anything at all
What do you do, /r9k/? What do you do when you can't feel the highs and the lows just plague you for months on end?
>>
File: 1435295427321.jpg (23 KB, 296x370) Image search: [Google]
1435295427321.jpg
23 KB, 296x370
>>24461685
just keep going like i always do
chasing that glimmer of hope
>>
>>24461685

What kind of paper were you asked to write?
>>
>>24461685
>What do you do, /r9k/? What do you do when you can't feel the highs and the lows just plague you for months on end?

Follow that one remaining thread of passion, anon. Whatever you can fight for
>>
>>24461685
Anon, write your way out of your bothers.
>>
>>24461523
Do you think a mommy gf would help you become successful?
>>
>>24461927
It was just a measly 10-page APA paper, I got spooked because I've only done APA papers about experiments which pretty much write themselves while this one had to be all original content and I don't think I could have found any strong sources.

Maybe I could have shat out something but I'm the type of guy that has to be sure that I know what I'm doing especially if another person's grade is on the line.

>>24461767
>>24461947
I'll try, my brothers. We going to make it somehow, it's a tough road but we're going to make.

>>24462012
I try that from time to time but they always take incredibly depressing turns. Like I tried writing a story about this cool old man chilling in a diner and it ended with him running in front of a moving truck
>>
>>24462168
maybe you can write game scripts and shit

people are starting to get tired of those vanilla shit, they want drama and tragedy, those themes are making a return
>>
>>24462212
That's a pretty good idea, though I hear the gaming industry is pretty reliant on connections, I don't have those and I really fucking suck at making them.
>>
>>24461131
>scared of group work

what the fuck? are you somehow the same guy I'm forced to do a group project with? He hasn't done jack shit the entire semester and our professor won't let us kick him out. He talks to himself in class but won't ever talk to us on skype.
>>
>>24462345
I have no idea anon, I'm in a worse spot than you.

If you can sustain for yourself then all is well, perhaps you can just write for fun?
>>
graduating next semester. i dont have any plans to get a job, and even if i did i have no interview skills whatsoever or references. the only thing i'm doing with myself is making small video games and music to go with them, but i don't know how i'd make that into something worthwhile
>>
>>24461232
It might be your resume

>New hire wonders why we haven't called back and hands me his resume
>Lists his interests at the bottom of the page
>Podcast, sports, etc.
>Skills are the typical "hard working, goal oriented" etc.

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES. My template is flawless f a m.
>>
>>24462514
what would be good?

like banging your mum?
>>
>>24460937
If i don't find a job straight out of uni i'll be kicked out of my flat within two months. Enjoy having parents who sort of give a shit while it lasts, bots
>>
>>24462413
I do write for fun from time to time, it can take to me to some fucking weird places but it's fun. Best of luck with whatever you're going through, bro. As shit as things can get, I'd like to think that there are very few things that are "too late" to do

>>24462447
Indie games are the new hotness, anon. I am 200% sure that whatever games you make are better than Depression Quest
>>
File: Oh fuck what happened.jpg (36 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Oh fuck what happened.jpg
36 KB, 512x384
>A little over one year ago, entering my last semester of uni for a CS degree
>No job experience yet
>Attend every job/internship/interview seminar available
>Apply at a whole bunch of places
>Turns out the independent coding project I completed doesn't count for shit, so I don't have enough experience to even get an interview anywhere I applied
>Turns out that all of the internships you hear about people getting during college are ONLY available while you're a student; graduating means you no longer are eligible for them
>Not enough work experience for an entry-level position, not eligible for the stuff that would get me work experience
>Doomed to live with my mother and all of her cats forever

>Hear about a small, local company that does coding
>Throw myself at them, mention that they don't even need to pay me, I just want work experience and an internship I can put on my resume
>They say they don't do unpaid internships, but they want to continue the application process with me
>Successfully get an internship that started pretty much the moment after I graduated

>Internship became a job
>They highly value me and pay me all they can afford to me
>They're an incredibly small company, so 'what they can afford' isn't enough for me to move out from my mother and her cats, let alone afford health insurance or save for retirement
>Interview at a big company and get a job that will pay me triple what I currently make
>The year at this small company has been great, and I never would have gotten this new job if it wasn't for them, but I need to become financially independent from my parents and start my own life

>tfw I'm gonna make it and be a successful, happy adult as long as I don't marry anyone or have children
I don't deserve this.
>>
Just go to back to school lads and get more education. We're living in the end times anyway. The muslims will cancel all our student loans when they take over.
>>
>>24462655
I should probably try to get any internships before I graduate but I just don't want to do boring programming for a job forever

Also I don't even know what goes on at those kinds of places. What do you even do? Just get told to make something in some language and then do it?
>>
File: perfect_resume_format.jpg (74 KB, 623x647) Image search: [Google]
perfect_resume_format.jpg
74 KB, 623x647
>>24462527
No I mean like template mostly and how it's set up. I never had a problem with mine after I straightened some shit out and asked my communication's professor to help me.
>>
>>24461232
Degree in?
>>
File: 1438214887636.jpg (245 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1438214887636.jpg
245 KB, 800x800
>tfw got worthless humanities related degree because lazy and not interested in anything
>graduated 6 months ago
>have done fuck all, got turned down for a few jobs that don't even require a degree
>finally get call center job
>Its not terrible but its pissing me off
>tfw one of my supervisors is younger than me

I want off this ride.
>>
File: 1444314867850.gif (2 MB, 696x478) Image search: [Google]
1444314867850.gif
2 MB, 696x478
At least you graduated. That instantly puts you above a large portion of population. There are shit loads of guys who never graduated uni including guys who never even graduated high school.

I'm seriously scared that I might drop out at some point because I'm a lazy procrastinating friendless virgin. I just don't see much light at the end of the tunnel. I have no work experience whatsoever at 21 years so even if I graduate, I might not be able to find a job because my resume would suck donkey dicks.
>>
>>24463058
What's your major? How do you feel about it?
>>
>>24462727

More or less. The company gets contracted to make something for another company (usually it's a sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-contract of some variety; my work has gone into the software of huge, multi-billion-dollar international corporations, and I'll never be credited for it), and I get cracking on making it happen. Companies tend to get the same kinds of contracts over time, and for me it was no different. I completed each contract by essentially copying the last project I completed and changing it until it matched what the new contract was for.

If you enjoy coding, it's quite fun. It's not like coding assignments in college, where you have an ultra-specific problem with an exact solution that you have to grind out. Clients have general wants and needs, and you get to do whatever the fuck you want as long as the software does what it's supposed to. I mean, the source code will be examined and looked-over, so it's not like you can try to pull stupid shit, but it's satisfying to complete project after project and get praise from the people up the sub-contract chain on your work while getting paid. I enjoy the people I work with, and each contract generally has new problems to solve that I haven't seen before, so I have fun and enjoy it.
>>
>>24461232
How delusional does someone have to be to make that picture?
>>
File: 1444161580793.jpg (23 KB, 500x585) Image search: [Google]
1444161580793.jpg
23 KB, 500x585
>>24463107
Computer Science. I feel really apathetic about it and life in general.
>>
>>24462655
good for you man. I wish you the best
>>
>>24463190
Is there any subject that interests you more, even slightly?
>>
I would love to majors in poly sci or psychology but seeing these threads makes me happy I'm doing accounting. I dont have the brains for pre med (already tried got C's in Cal and gen Chem 2)
Im going to have to get a masters because a bachelors is a highschool degree part 2 now
so even though ill be done when im 25 with everything ill be in so much debt because my family is lower middle class. So since im white and only child I get no help and have to borrow anything
Probably looking at 100 k when I get done
This is why I need a liberal in office because all the conservatives dont seem to give a shit unless it involves bombing the middle east
How am I supposed to get ahead of the curve when im shooting myself in the foot with student loan debt damn it?
Im 20 by the way, will finish college a year late unless I screw up again
>>
>>24463261

Oh God, the way you type is eerily similar to how my boss does. Please tell me you're not from the midwest.
>>
No.

My mom got me a wageslave job in the printing industry after highschool. I now make 75,000$ a year printing brochures and writing up documents on the computer.
>>
>>24463477
bullshit you dont make 75k doing that
>>
>>24463523
Where I live, it does. It's a little more difficult than I make it out to be, I often have to take work home with me and work the machines, which is never fun, but the pay is good so I don't mind.
>>
I was neet for two years after Uni. Then decided to go back to school and get a graduate degree.
>>
>>24460937
I still hope for the happening, but I've given myself new purpose by learning Japanese and getting into absorbing hobbies. I'll probably just immerse myself in nip media until I die.
>>
>>24463331
Not really. I just kind of want to NEET it up and be comfy on the internet.
>>
>graduated in december 2013 a semester early
>school was stressful as fuck because i never took screw around classes
>was still a complete loser throughout college, friendless kissless virgin pretty much

>plan was to go to grad school
>GPA is .3 to.4 points below the average applicant GPA because I'm a moron
>don't even see the point going to school for 3-4 years and drown in debt when i will surely be as alone and miserable afterwards as i am now, not to mention the stress school will put on me

All I'm doing is living at home and working a horribly paying job that's supposed to just be a job before grad school (that a lot of similar students do).

I don't even know what to do job-wise if I don't even bother with grad school. Basically all my experiences were work and volunteering for this specific grad school
>>
>>24460937
Almost on my first year of doing nothing after college. I can't bring myself to converse with anyone or go out of the house for any reason other than food. How am I supposed to go to a job interview?
>>
>>24463444
Kek no, Pennsylvania
>>
I was you about 8 years ago, OP. Then I got a min wage job and the years just flew by. Sure I have a job, but I've achieved nothing.

I recommend investing your time in a passion. Drawing, making music, game programming, whatever. This is the time to nurture your skills m8. Don't let the time go by.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.