[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does it seem like that only guys can be socially awkward?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1426793581623.jpg (92 KB, 358x350) Image search: [Google]
1426793581623.jpg
92 KB, 358x350
Why does it seem like that only guys can be socially awkward? I've met many socially awkward guys, but barely any socially awkward girls. It's like most girls I know are very social and shit. Anyone know why this is?
>>
>>24459864
Because people want the P not the D.
>>
Trust me. Women can be very awkward.
It's just that usually most people don't give a shit when women are awkward. They just play it off as quirky

I remember talking to one girl, and she was making constant assumptions about people and I had to call her out on her shit.
>>
Womwn can't be robots
>>
awkwardness in women can often be seen as charming. with us guys it means we're fucked.
>>
>>24459864
I've said this before: guys are apart of nature's genetic lottery. We possess seemingly extreme attributes due to a multitude of genetic mutations. Moreover, the shift in society during the technological boom left many boys isolated due to vidya, computers, etc.

Both of these factors coupled together posed as an extreme detriment on young men which can be seen how some interact socially. You can pretty much thank the parents for this in every sense of the way.

Remember that women are engineered to reproduce, so nature isn't going to necessarily gamble on that. That's why they all seem relatively "the same" or exhibit common characteristics (which they can't even see themselves).
>>
Women are excused when they do awkward things because people want to baby them and make them feel welcome.

Also when you're female you grow up with a fuckton of positive reinforcement so you eventually learn to socialize seamlessly. Robots are usually abused socially during their development years and it fucks them up.
>>
>>24459952
This pretty much. Girls can certainly have social anxiety, but then this just translates to people seeing them as "cute, quiet, and reserved" and assuming they're not a land whale they'll have no problem finding a partner which would eventually lead to them getting over their social phobia.
>>
I've known a few, but they, like myself, keep themselves out of most social situations.
>>
>>24459864
Men are naturally inclined to excuse any flaw on a woman and designate it as cute.
>>
File: image.jpg (723 KB, 1094x1598) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
723 KB, 1094x1598
Plenty of girls are socially awkward. Most men just don't notice because they're too busy noticing her tits.
>>
>>24460025
this.

Im a psych major. and a female. and factually, more girls are diagnosed with anxiety than boys. being that you are men who have social anxiety, and are heterosexual, youre likely to see the females suffering from anxiety as qts. you cant get in their head so you dont know that there are females that feel just like you, likely more.
>>
I think a lot of social awkwardness is actually submissiveness. Watching a couple of lectures on 'Emotion' on the Yale youtube channel, there was mention of how these tendencies to display things like 'embarrassment' aren't some sort of absurd betrayal of our inner states but actually serve a social function - people are more trusting of people who display SOME degree of embarrassment because it shows they're willing to submit in a sense to the values of perspective of the group. Just as dogs have certain 'submissive' poses that signal to other attacking dogs that they're no threat - I think a lot of awkwardness is a way for men to signal submission to avoid being seen instead as an 'enemy'.

The reality is the inversion of what feminists claim, feminists claim that 'patriarchy' somehow has ever been the rule, but I think the reality is that women precede men socially, women inherently have more social status and value within any society simply because of human nature. So men are very frequently either 'tolerated' within an established system that always caters to women primarily, or they're exploited - at the outside and bottom of society. Young men are aware of how little social value they have, and thanks to sexual liberation, young men are now keenly aware that they're sexually worthless (unless they make themselves into the Chad mould). So these guys are trying to avoid getting squashed...they wish they could stop acting this way, they think their bodies are betraying them, but their body is doing this to protect them.

Women don't have to earn any status, and by nature they're the ones who set the rules in society - so they don't have to signal this submission to anyone.
>>
File: image.png (204 KB, 650x584) Image search: [Google]
image.png
204 KB, 650x584
Women aren't awkward in the same vein as men are.
Awkward Man:
>verbal tic (stutter, lisp)
>talks too little or talks too much
>poorly concealed anxiety.
>cannot get the other party to maintain interest in what he's saying.

Awkward Woman:
> possibly alienated by other women
>repeatedly apologizing for saying the wrong thing (omg I didn't mean that)
>constantly interrupting to bring up personal anecdotes.

What I'm trying to say is, a socially awkward man is an unattractive man, whereas a socially awkward woman is perceived as an attractive woman.
>>
>>24460148
stfu roastie slut kill yourself

tits or gtfo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1370904201952.png (21 KB, 320x191) Image search: [Google]
1370904201952.png
21 KB, 320x191
>>24459864

I can't "read" women, I don't understand them, I just don't get them at all. So there are only 2 options:
> I'm retarted
> Most women are socially awkwards

Since I'm smart but lazy, it means that most women are socially awkwards.
>>
Nah senpai.

Woman can be fedora cringe as fuck.
Men are just better at overlooking it.
>>
>>24460194

Oh and I'll add that men are far more likely to be introspective and to spend more time alone as a preference. Doing this means that you don't get to 'exercise' skills that make you 'fluid' in social situations.
>>
Women are great at deflecting awkwardness onto another party and onto someone else.

Hell, what do you think the word 'awkward' even means these days? If a girl calls a guy 'awkward', shes basically saying

>he makes me feel uncomfortable

Which may not even be the guy's 'fault'.

Men on the other hand have a tendancy to blame themselves for social awkwardness especially in the presence of women. Its not "shes just weird I guess", its more "I must have said/done something wrong"
>>
>>24460324

Intelligence and social retardation aren't mutually exclusive, anon. You can have both of those qualities.
>>
It is more noticeable on men since they are supposed to be the "agressive" ones, while women are expected to be more passive, so mild social anxiety goes unnoticed.

HOWEVER the ones which are really, really socially inept are every bit as bad as the men, it's just that you've never met one.
>>
>>24460693
Oh, I've met a few. They made me cringe the fuck out. It's why I always laugh whenever someone goes ">tfw qt sperg gf" or some shit like that.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.