[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>don't drink or do drugs of any kind >mfw it makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: 1448214944742.png (174 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1448214944742.png
174 KB, 499x499
>don't drink or do drugs of any kind
>mfw it makes normies mad af
>>
Now THIS is civil disobedience

You're fighting the good fight friend
>>
You won't know the true normie indignance until you refuse to 'meditate'.
>>
File: 1425413596069.png (44 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1425413596069.png
44 KB, 200x200
>>24458181
Who else /pious/ here?
>>
>>24458181
I know, when normalfags find out that I don't drink or do drugs they look at me like I am some sort of freak

also this
>>24458264
Normalfags think getting high is "meditating". I swear they think getting shitfaced means they are "exploring their mind", no you only think that because you are high as fuck.
>>
how do i enlighten myself
i want to stop doing drugs
>>
>>24458853
Follow a religion
>>
It got less of an issue after high school, but normies still try to force wine down my throat at social events.
>>
>>24458910
Why don't you like alcohol fellow anon?
>>
I want to feel like I'm sleepwalking through life
>>
I'm not a normie and it makes me mad that you're such a pussy ass nigga.
>>
>>24458773

Well you're mostly right, but I wouldn't entirely throw out the idea that the one's own mind can't be explored through drug use.

Drug's generally make your line of thinking slightly different and sometimes give you insight into new perspectives.
>>
>>24458910
Alcohol makes socializing so much less painful. I understand you have made a decision to abstain from it but I really think you should reconsider, it's a cultural norm. Moderation is and always has been the key.
>>
lol nobody cares that you're a pussy mommas boy
>>
>only drank twice during my entire 26 years of existence, both at celebratory parties for my friends achievements, told him and the people there that I never drink
>had the opportunity to have sex multiple times if I wanted to with a girl who really wanted to, but would rather wait until we're in a committed relationship to do so
>never done any recreational drugs before, and never will
>>
I only eat Cannabis occasionally, never was part of any shitty culture and enjoy it for 10 years now. Alcohol scares me and I hate how it makes me feel
>>
i fucking hate drink culture
>>
>>24458934

A large part of it is protest against the role it plays in our society, as >>24459010
points out. It is absurd that it is considered impossible to enjoy the company of others without imbuing a mind altering substance.
>>
>drank habitually and used a menagerie of drugs since 13
>first sold my body for drugs at 17
>lose a tooth, get stomach ulcers and puke blood, generally destroying my own life
>join the army and the time spent sober was long enough that I don't like the feeling of drugs anymore (started using for a month all the same drugs to see how I'd feel)
>prefer being sober now
>go to NA and AA meetings just to talk to people
>long time friends won't even return my Facebook messages, most usually after they find out I'm in the army
>people laugh and don't believe me when I tell them what I've been up to lately (army and sobriety)
>even more isolated and all the "I respect that" is either sarcasm or completely insincere
>still the same person, but people think I'm high and mighty or in a cult or will try to convert them when I'm literally just looking for good conversations
>stay in my room on omegle like I used to before and hole up listening to music

Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>24459005
normies don't really go for psychedelics. it's normally alcohol and weed, as well as ecstasy and coke
>>
>>24459005
It's drug induced hallucinations don't church it up as some kind of tool for thinking differently
>>
>tfw silent and sad when sober
>too straight-forward and whiny when drunk
Staying home is always best alternative for ne
>>
>>24459335
>tfw you become a loud jokey motherfuckef when drunk and people become magnetised to you
That sounds good, but I worry too much about going to far and usually stop at two drinks.
Losing control is the biggest fear. I don't want to end up doing something I regret.
>>
>>24459434
It's the things you DONT do that lead to the biggest regret
>>
>>24458981
>>24459024
oh wow, you guys drink and do drugs? :o
You must be VERY manly
>>
File: 1404933732956.jpg (127 KB, 448x534) Image search: [Google]
1404933732956.jpg
127 KB, 448x534
>>24458181
I used to fuck with stoners by saying I would always vote to keep weed illegal in california
>>
File: 1447186824880.jpg (42 KB, 571x431) Image search: [Google]
1447186824880.jpg
42 KB, 571x431
>>24458301
>raised catholic currently 24
>feel more agnostic than anything but I still make it to mass every sunday out of habbit and to take my homebound grandparents communion
at least I have some friends at church even if most of them are normies that have kids
>>
>>24459605
Yeah. Saying that hits home. I procrastonate and avoid shit way too much.
But I feel that if I got really drunk I would give off the worst impression of myself and I don't want people to like me because of the act I pull of when drunk.
>>
>>24459172
I guess there's some nobility in that, but your effort is in vain. It would take a lot of people over the course of time to change that norm.. I reiterate, I would reconsider. I think it's for your own good. Man.
>>
>>24459322
checked

Bullshit, the perceptions you get on drugs are just as valid as your sober perceptions. You can have a psychotic break and start believing things that aren't reality but you can also gain new valid perspectives on things. Recreational drug use is degenerate I guess but it's a hobby of mine.
>>
>>24459172
>>24459986

Don't listen to this guy, keep up the good work. Live by example.

Alcohol is carcinogenic, lets stop fucking around.
>>
File: 8pZ7kuhkTz.png (448 KB, 500x740) Image search: [Google]
8pZ7kuhkTz.png
448 KB, 500x740
I've noticed this too. Why does it make them so mad? It's not like I said drinking and drugs are disgusting. Have at it, go nuts. I just don't like it.
>>
i frequently use drugs and i'm just curious, what is the appeal of being sober? im not trying to insult abstinence, i just dont understand its appeal
>>
I smoke weed often but I can almost relate to you guys. Alcohol is a pretty weird substance. I enjoy getting cozy with a nice glass of whisky while playing videogames and posting in /cozy/ threads across the boards here with you guys once or twice a year (Christmas time coming up for optimal coziness), but I don't understand people who truly enjoy drinking regularly.

I also don't understand people who enjoy getting actually drunk. A few glasses and a nice buzz is just so much better to me in every conceivable way.

I hate drunk people so god damn much.
>>
the fact that being straightedge makes people mad proves that they're only doing to seem "edgy". They are doing whatever other people do, and because you won't do it, it doesn't validate their alleged "edginess"
>>
>>24460168
it can be nice to think clearly.
>>
>>24460168

Hmm

>>24460191 is me but I'll say that there's a certain level of comfiness in being totally 100% sober during certain times or in certain places.

I feel good when I'm sober because I feel reliable (in case I need to get something done), and I could take care of a situation (e.g. self-defense). It's nice to be clear-headed when I'm actually engaged in a task which requires getting something done or when something unexpected might come up. Unexpected events (phone call I'm supposed to answer, something bad happening) might not necessarily be best handled sober but I feel better being sober when they do happen simply because those happenings have the potential to completely kill my vibe if I've just finished smoking a J or something.

This is also why I think it should be a golden rule to turn cellphones straight to 'OFF' the moment you commit to taking psychedelics or getting super high.
>>
>>24458181
Why feel all smug about it though?

Drugs are technology. Technology can be used for a shitload of objectives. Not every drug is necessarily recreative. Check psychedelics and nootropics for example.

So yeah, OP is a faggot. Not because he does not do drugs, but because he fails to see the more relevant implications of drug use in our society.

>>24459172
So you think you have to protest against shit that people do because of their own will and not because of irrational restrictions imposed by governments regarding drug use? Way to be a retard.
>>
>>24460365
I never feel smug about being straighedge. I feel like I'm better than them I guess, because I'm not fucking up my life, but I don't brag about it or ever tell people that. I just hate it when people belittle me for not doing it. I don't give a fuck about your decisions or try to change your mind, why not return the favor.
>>
>>24460424
Well, the smug pepe pic did not convey that message. Also why feel you are better than them over something that is not necessarily true and even if true it might not even be because of the drugs?

About people belittling you, thats retarded, I agree. People should do whatever the fuck they want according to their priorities/morals/whatever as long as it does not fuck with another individual self-determination.

About trying to change your mind and returning the favour, sometimes it is entertaining and intelectually stimulating to discuss about shit form different perspectives and that sometimes leads to debates. The thing about debates is that they should be rational and not be about the persons, but rather about the ideas themselves.

But I am drifting, my point was that changing how other people think is partly how culture works (memes illustrate this point) and that is fine as long as there is no coercion.
>>
>>24460365
You are impressively stupid.
>>
>>24460587
Not really. Your comment is the one devoid of content, so you can go fuck yourself.
>>
>>24458181
I'm no normalfag but this shit pisses me off too. I've largely quit drinking/smoking cigarettes but I'm not autistic enough to never ever consume it in the right situations.
>>
>>24459652
And you're not. Which is why you only get ugly bitches. I bet you're the kind of gaybo that holds a coffee mug with both hands.
>>
>>24461472
keep telling yourself that mate ;^)
>>
>>24460165
Drunk people don't want to be judged by sober people, to make it simple.
>>
I am not drinking often cause alcohol makes my stomach hurt and warm vodka is disgusting
>>
>>24460578
This. Why cant any of you be as rational as this motherfucker?
>>
File: Stalk Lenny and Carl.png (253 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
Stalk Lenny and Carl.png
253 KB, 576x432
>No smoking/drinking/drugs
>Don't party
>So specific reason I just don't like those things and have no money
>Don't care what other people do or feel superior for it
>Normies always flip shit and won't leave me alone about it when they find out
What is their deal?
>>
>>24460365
>degenerate drug whore tries to justify his degenerate behavior

Hilarious what you drugwhores will tell yourselves to not think about all the IQ points you are losing every time you toke up, all the damage you are doing to your internal organs, all the mental capacity you are robbing yourselves of.

>d-drugs are cool dudes, weed lmao

Die.
>>
>>24461678
It is the kind of normies and maybe even closet robots you relate to.

Do not be at places and social circles that wont let you do your thing.

See>>24460578
>>
>>24458181
It really fucking does. And it REALLY enrages the normie potheads who think they're special snowflakes for smoking pot.

>>24461386
There is no such thing as the "right" situation to be a drugfag pleb.
>>
>>24461678
I'll explain it to you. Most people really do know the difference between right and wrong and all this modern "everything you do is fine" bullshit, they know isn't right, but they've sold themselves into bondage to evil for temporary pleasure anyway. They know they've done this, but they want to be told that they're still good little boys and girls when they're not.

Drugfags hate non-drugfags for the same reason thieves hate police. They're afraid the very EXISTENCE of them means they'll be exposed for the giant pieces of shit they really are.
>>
>>24461808
You realize the study about weed and IQ was done on a sample made of heavy smokers and, if I remember well, early starters right?

Also you do realize that anon talked about nootropics and psycjedelics, which actually are related to increased cognitive capacities and neuroprotective effects...right?

Go be a moron and build strawmen somewhere else.
>>
>>24461915
Woah. You have a persecution complex greater than the most batshit insane sjw (and the ficticious moral high ground to go with it too).
>>
>>24461993
No, I'm telling the truth. There is a reason that drugcunts get offended by people simply abstaining from drugs. And that reason is because drugfags know it's wrong and they ASSUME people are judging them for using drugs even when they're not, because they know it's wrong.

Also drugfags are annoying, boring, detestable little shits. Literally the worst human beings.
>>
master race. no tobacco. no alcohol. no drugs.

my mind works at top efficiency. I am peter, and the wolf.
>>
>>24462134
>TOP EFFICIENCY
>probably choline deficient
>not using smart drugs
I doubt it.

>>24462058
You literally sound like those crazy militant religious people. Try reason from time to time.
>>
>>24461915
This is the reason people hate abstainers, this straight edge bullshit
>>
File: 1447428785798.jpg (13 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1447428785798.jpg
13 KB, 280x280
>>24458181
Drugs are one of the most robot things you can do.
Fuck your lame normie feels, drown them in your own altered brain chemistry while you either freak the fuck out or get /comfy/
Drugs are fucking awesome my man
>>
>>24462134
mah nigga
we are a rare breed
>>
File: 1425596135474.gif (52 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1425596135474.gif
52 KB, 320x240
>don't drink or do drugs because I'm broke as fuck
>Normies chimp out and assume I'm belittling them for doing those things
>MFW they project their insecurities onto me
>>
File: drink up nigger.jpg (88 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
drink up nigger.jpg
88 KB, 768x768
>>24458181
>got high once
>resulted in a panick attack because I'm already predisposed with anxiety/ depression

Weed is shit, but getting drunk is just the most wonderful feeling in the world. Gibe wodka bls.
>>
>>24462238
That's why I smoked meth you coward and ate an entire 70 sack in one night

straight edge now

u r blown teh fuck out
>>
>>24462189
Listen to how booty bothered you sound. It's not our fault you're a pleb with no self-control who will tap that pleasure button until you and your offspring starve.

>>24462220
No it isn't. Basically nobody doesn't use drugs now. And the people who abstain never talk about it. Like I said, drugfags are like christians. They're the majority and they still have a hyperpersecution complex, because they know damn well the bullshit they believe and do is wrong.
>>
>>24461957
>Also you do realize that anon talked about nootropics and psycjedelics, which actually are related to increased cognitive capacities and neuroprotective effects...right?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah druggie, it must be true because your fellow drugwhores on the Internet and some academic in South America said so, right? RIGHT?

Then again, what should I expect from a drugwhore. Your IQ is probably double-digit at this point.
>>
>>24462323
>Psycjedelics

>psycojellyies

>psycojedis

Yes, I reached that level
>>
File: 1400222677159.jpg (20 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1400222677159.jpg
20 KB, 250x250
>Get drunk at home every weekend because fuck my life

Why would I want to sit around being depressed as fuck all weekend? I can avoid a bad hangover by drinking water and eating before bed. Not like I'm gonna do any self improvement anyway.
>>
>>24462323
These are not the droids you are looking for
>>
>>24462268
It's because you don't smoke enough. You have to smoke everyday for 2-3 months then weed turns into zoloft/prozac it's great
>>
>>24462391
No, it smells like shit and turns you into an obnoxious asshole. Other drugs are less obnoxious because their users don't feel the need to shove it down everyone else's throats. Stoners are the furries of the drug world, spreading their unwanted shit to everyone else.
>>
>>24462323
Still not seeing the peer reviewed and not faulty scientific research that suppprts your claims. It is because they do not exist and you inform yourself with sensationalist straight edge pop sci bullshit instead of...you know...fucking science papers that cover the specifics.

You are just retarded.
>>
>don't do drugs or smoke
>people tell everyone who doesn't is an asshole
>say I'm not
>keep being pestered to drink and smoke
>decide to be an asshole about it so people will leave me alone
>it works

That's why most abstainers are dicks. Nowadays I don't give a fuck. Just want to be left alone to have fun.
>>
>>24462296
Which drug are you even talking about? You have spewed 0 facts and just a bunch of bullshit and insults. I bet your average drug user knows more about how your brain works than yourself. Pathetic.
>>
>>24462465
I smoke everyday and nobody knows
>>
>>24459248
What's your MOS? When did you enlist? I'm enlisting now, but I've got to retake the TAPAS (which I can only fail since I've got a GED, how annoying).
>>
>>24458773
They do it because they think you're judging them, they're insecure about their weaknesses. A lot of addictions are just masking inferiority complexes, giving them an excuse for being less than they think they should be.

>>24459005
The thing with drugs is any altered state of mind you can achieve via substance abuse can be simulated through purely internal forces with sufficient exposure and force of will. Venerate and seek out the spirit of the high, not the substance which produces it.
>>
>>24462492
>D-duh drugs give my soopahpahwers, I swear, I'm not a dumb pleasure slave I'm doing it to better myself!

What drugwhores ACTUALLY believe.
>>
>>24458181
>tfw i dont even take disorder meds.
>tfw HHKV.
clean as a whistle.
>>
File: 1293481870487.jpg (225 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1293481870487.jpg
225 KB, 1024x683
>mfw this thread

I don't give a fuck tbqh
>>
>>24462587
IT"S MEDIICINE
>>
>>24462587
More strawmen? Boy, you sure are a fallacy machine.

Stay buttblasted, you miserable little man.
>>
>>24458181
My only vice is caffeine.
>>
>>24461678
this, I'd rather spend my money on things that last a little longer than beer and pot. I like my stuff to have "replay value"
>>
>smoke weed every day since high school
>do a bunch of other drugs like acid and shrooms, some pills, etc. in uni
>barely even try and do well in school, read difficult and varied literature
>considered one of the most intelligent people within my social circle
>which includes a lot of sober people

Funny how not being a retard works.
>>
>>24458181
How does it make anybody mad that you are not doing drugs?

The only scenario that I can think of is that you go around and brag about it all the time or act like Sheldon at occasions where social drinking is expected.
>>
>>24462718
>Nobody to talk to on break at work
>Everybody outside smoking ciggies
>Walk up to circle
>only one not smoking
>Everybody gives me a weird look or looks down at the floor for a moment

>People asking if I drink
>No
>Get uncomfortable and tell me they drink too much

>Ask me if I smoke weed
>No

Usually weed smokers are comfortable.
>>
>Never spend money on Alcohol, Cigs or other drugs
>Normies always wonder how I have so much money for a 21 year old
>>
>>24462718
>hanging out with bros/chicks
>they bust out some beer and vodka
>"anon, take something."
>sorry man I'm not into that stuff
>"WELL FUCK YOU FAGGOT STRAIGHTEDGE PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT YOU THINK YOUR FUCKING BETTER THAN ME FUCK YOU."
>>
>>24462784
fucking THIS. Most of my friends are piss poor and are bitching about it constantly.
>>
>>24462773
Can you find time to talk to your coworkers other than during their smoke break?

There is tons of way to go around the drug barrier, really.
>>
>>24462791
Unless your bros/chick are autistic, I don't think they will act like the way that you described.
>>
Anyone who indulges in alcohol or drugs is consider sub human by my standards. Those filthy normies think they can even go a day without getting themselves wasted on such a disgusting a toxic drink. Makes me wonder why alcohol is even allowed on campus. My uni just got a new bar this year. Its absolutely grotesque and filthy. As if my school needed even more drunk fratgots and le cool guy drinker types. Fuck em all to damnation.
>>
No, I am a woman and I expect the man I marry to neither do drinks nor do drugs. Any man I am going to commit my life to is not allowed to drink or do drugs, or else I will divorce him.
>>
>>24463011
As long as it doesn't affect their productivity and health, it is all good. You don't need to lose your head over that.

Also, alcohol is legit, alcohol consumption contributes to the economy.
>>
>>24459248
Almost two years ago. Not gonna say but it's 91 series. Good certifications. Plus I for my GED so I didn't get to choose my MOS. Got a 98 on my ASVAB in high school, 72 before I actually enlisted. I was drunk.
It's a great gig if you can hack it. I think it's easy, just physically demanding. The yelling stops after basic/AIT. I've had over 30 days off this year not counting holidays. 1.5 hour lunch.
>>
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(10)61462-6/abstract
>>
>>24463030
I'm a man and I disagree with you in your no drinking criteria.

Social drinking, or drinking with moderation doesn't affect a man's ability to be a good husband, father, or a member of society. In the case of social drinking, it may even be beneficial. Think of some potential connections and business partners he could lose by refusing to drink socially.
>>
>>24463064
Its absolutely disgusting. The pride that alcoholics have over drinking is revolting. They deserve to be failures either way. Serves those fuckers right. No wonder normies are so stupid these days. Whose knows whats in that shit drinks known as alcohol.
>>
>>24463030
>I will divorce any man I marry on my whim

Fucking evil degenerate bitch.
>>
>>24460424
straightedge is a meme that is meant to celebrate how sober everyone is and how non-straightedge people are subhuman scum.

It's also a shitty subgenre of punk rock.

I didn't think it was still a thing in 2015.
>>
>>24462356

Have fun getting fat, slowly but surely.

Speaking from experience.
>>
>>24463064
I agree with you but

> x contributes to the economy

can be used to defend anything from child porn to heroin.
>>
>>24458181
>whoa, this guy that watches anime in his parents' basement ISN'T using any drug or drinking any alcohol? I am SO mad af right now

said no normie ever

>>24462238
You're mostly right, it also depends on the drug. Something like ecstacy/molly and weed are normie material but the issue is that normies stole our drug and drug culture, just like they stole our memes.
>>
>>24463011
I can't tell if this is trolling our you're really this mad about something that's been around since 3,000BC in almost every culture.
>>
>>24463146
BULLSHIT
You are just making up excuses for partially lobotomizing your brain every time you are out with your friends in the name of "business connections". In the name of "business connections" you want to lose control over your mind and stunt your intellect and stunt your moral capacity.

>>24463177
Go to hell, I make it pretty clear from the beginning that I hate drinking. I hate alcohol and drugs (including marijuana) like nothing else in this planet. Any man I marry will know that from day one and he will agree with my stance. Any man I marry will marry knowing that I will leave him if he becomes a drinker. And any man I marry will go into the marriage knowing that if he expects me to sign a prenup, I will only sign it if it says that I will get at least 50% of his stuff if he starts drinking or doing any sort of drug (including marijuana). I hate drugs and alcohol like nothing else, and it is not a decision I will make on a whim. If drinking is so important to you, then don't marry me.
>>
>>24463337
>Not hanging out with normies as an undercover robot
You're living life wrong
>>
File: larryplane2.jpg (353 KB, 1037x718) Image search: [Google]
larryplane2.jpg
353 KB, 1037x718
>>24458181
I am legit pissed, and you fucking KNOW IT
Makes me wanna pop your head like a zit
>>
>>24463446
I'd marry you, but you're probably an ugly reject if you somehow managed to avoid getting into partying/drugs/alcohol as a woman.
>>
>>24463509
No, I am not
You make that assumption without even knowing me.
>>
>>24463337
>i'm not mad and to prove it i'm going to meme about how much better i am than op
>>
File: sleepyhead.png (96 KB, 780x1200) Image search: [Google]
sleepyhead.png
96 KB, 780x1200
>everyone thinks im straightedge
>get drunk alone every night so i dont kill myself
>>
>>24463579
So then what is wrong with you? There must be a catch here. Also, post pics.
>>
>>24463585
>i'm going to meme about how much better i am than op

I never did any of that.
>>
>>24458181
But normies do drugs all the time.
Only true robots don't do drugs or alcohol. :3
>>
>>24463642
I am not going to post my pics on 4chan, senpai.
>>
>>24463688
>omg he doesn't do the drugs i like
>le hat insult
you're basically the people op was talking about
>>
>>24463742
Is it because you have a cleft lip? Severe acne? Schizophrenia? Bipolar disorder? (Are you Russian?)
>>
>>24463337
>normies stole our drug and drug culture, just like they stole our memes.
Lol kill yourself you druggie normalfag
>>
I have fried my brain with stimulant abuse, I used to be 24/7 on speed, caffeine, nicotine and now I can't concentrate for shit even when I'm on them.
>>
>>24462583

>any altered state of mind you can achieve via substance abuse can be simulated through purely internal forces with sufficient exposure and force of will

This is blatantly false.
>>
http://rsif.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/11/101/20140873.full
>>
>>24463758
who/what are you even quoting?

all I said is that it's a silly premise to assume that normies care that someone somewhere isn't doing drugs or drinking.
>>
>>24463886
They do though.
Anytime I'm at a social function where alcohol is present I get people trying to get me to drink and getting offended about it.
>>
>>24463886
yes normies never care about things that don't affect them
>>
>>24463808
THEY STOLE OUR MEMES

NEVER FORGET
>>
>>24463910
Anecdotal evidence.

Also you probably are part of shit tier social circles full of judgemental and overly sensitive assholes.

Sad.
>>
>>24463446
>If drinking is so important to you, then don't marry me.
You must be amazing.
>>
>>24463446
Now now, settle down there.

First thing, drinking with moderation doesn't partially lobotomizing your brain. Human body has the capacity to metabolize alcohol. The history of alcohol also runs deep, great men, men of great wisdom and power, have drunk socially.

And second, business partners, and connections, don't have to friends. It is a matter of custom and chemistry. People want to be with someone who share similarity with them, in this case, refusing to drink socially with no real benefit, creates unnecessary gap between connection and business partner.

And no, socially drinking, is in fact contradictory loss of control and stunt of intellect and moral capacity. So you don't have to worry a bit.
>>
File: autism overdrive.jpg (23 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
autism overdrive.jpg
23 KB, 567x561
>>24458181
a drug is any chemical substance which affects the bodies physiological processes.

you have to do drugs to stay alive.

please kill yourself for being an idiot baka desu senpai.
>>
File: 1438962716798.gif (998 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
1438962716798.gif
998 KB, 500x368
>>24459248
This is bullshit
>Never done drugs, drank some alcohol but I can count on 1 hand how many times and not before I was 18
>No crimes, bad grades, or bad health
>Scored a 92 on my asvab in my junior year of high school
>Can't join the army because I took anti-depressants for less than a month after I was prescribed them by my college therapist for anxiety
I'm 20 and I have no purpose. Fuck.
>>
>>24463970
>Anecdotal evidence.
Lol what do you want a peer reviewed paper?
>Also you probably are part of shit tier social circles full of judgemental and overly sensitive assholes.
Nice assumptions fag. This has happened at a wide variety of "social circles".
>>
>>24464014
>guys you technically only have 8 fingers stop saying you have ten
>autism overdrive
yes
>>
>>24464032
Is this real, you can't join the army if you've taken anti-depressants?
>>
>>24463446
lol, this is why you're a fembot
>>
>>24464014
learn to understand that medical and recreational drugs are different things.
>>
>>24464067
wouldn't want a gomer pyle on our hands now would we?
>>
File: moonman.png (8 KB, 732x732) Image search: [Google]
moonman.png
8 KB, 732x732
fuck liberalism, fuck hedonism, fuck normies

Kill'em all and bring back fascism. There is only the way
>>
>>24464124
>Kill'em all and bring back fascism.
>>>/pol/
>>
File: 1423436913264.jpg (180 KB, 580x542) Image search: [Google]
1423436913264.jpg
180 KB, 580x542
>>24464045
>>24464094

if you mean do you take any "scheduled controlled dangerous substances" than say so, preferably naming the particular schedule. it's not my fault the law is ridiculous and we have to be this specific to properly communicate.
>>
>>24464148
>>>/reddit/ and /tumblr/
Massive faggot you are.
>>
>>24464124
fascism didn't prove itself really well

the big cheese ended up killing himself
>>
File: AKA the tippy skippy skedaddle.jpg (64 KB, 563x520) Image search: [Google]
AKA the tippy skippy skedaddle.jpg
64 KB, 563x520
>>24458181
>hey NORMIE, did you know I don't do drugs or drink?

>>uh ok

>yeah, that's right you fucking degenerate kikesuckler, *I* don't do *DRUGS* or *DRINK*
>drinking the alcoholic jew
>smoking the herbal jew
>get keked N O R M I E

>>fuck off kid who cares

>HAHAHA YOU ARE SO MAD THAT I DON'T DRINK OR DO DRUGS r9k will get a kick out of this ehehe
>>
>>24464067
http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/military-recruiting-process-faqs.html#q9

Says here it is. For a while. I didn't get my doctors permission because I couldn't afford to go back to college.
Recruiters may even tell you to lie for their own reasons, and you can get in some trouble if they find out.
>>
>>24464124
GOD BLESS HITLER HE IS MY PENIS I RUB HIM AND JEWS COME OUT
>>
File: 1381885030327.gif (71 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1381885030327.gif
71 KB, 500x400
>>24464045
the thumb is a finger you artist
>>
>>24464006
wrong! Alcohol is a neurotoxin at any dosage, a poison the body does it's utmost to get rid of, and a natural carcinogen

you know all those pretty stories about a glass of red wine a day being good for your heart? Delcoholized wine does the exact same thing only better, and GRAPE JUICE is currently being tested and thought of as having the same effect. The benefit is antioxidants. Alcohol by contrast is practically the #1 killer next to cigarettes and suicide in our modern society, so you can shove it
>>
>>24464174
shut up, you internet crypto-facists are dime a dozen losers.
>>
>>24463793
I'm 1/4 Russian but no birth defects
>>
>>24458181
It's weird huh? misery likes company
>>
File: 1437015555438.jpg (41 KB, 482x361) Image search: [Google]
1437015555438.jpg
41 KB, 482x361
>>24464223
it used to be if you drank water you died, so you had to put alcohol in it to kill the bacteria. human beings evolved to drink alcohol.

please kill yourself for the betterment of humanity senpai.
>>
>>24464184
mussolini's a retard. But you can blame the italian people and warmongering for that

Plato's republic crossed with chinese legalism, in a restricted franchise reminiscent of starship troopers. Authoritarianism is the future, so we might as well make it right
>>
>>24458981
>>24459024
>>24460365
>>24463337
>>24463485
>>24464014
>>24464188
lol we got some mad normies in here desperately trying to justify their drug addiction.
>>
>>24464161
>we have to be this specific to properly communicate

No you're just autistic

>according to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (1) : a substance recognized in an official pharmacopoeia or formulary (2) : a substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease (3) : a substance other than food intended to affect the structure or function of the body (4) : a substance intended for use as a component of a medicine but not a device or a component, part, or accessory of a device

You only need drugs to live if you have a horrific infection, disease, or otherwise

Food and drink are not drugs, they're requirements which do not alter the typical metabolic processes of the body or treat any kind of ailment, you pedantic fucking retard.
>>
>>24463984
>>24464087
What?

If you guys want to drink and view yourselves as social drinkers and truly believe that the alcohol has no effect on you and is even good for you, then I don't even want to date you. Being honest from day one.
>>
>>24464251
So you're telling me there's NO catch? I'm white, not ugly, not fat, 6'2, not a college dropout. Are you in Canada or near the Canadian border?
>>
>>24464266
also wrong. Eastern civilization opted for tea. Whitey also coevolved with grain which we know is a shiteating inflammatory poison as well, you are full of it
>>
>>24464289
>Implying direct democracy facilitated by internet voting isn't the future

Do you even dream
>>
>>24464245
Are you ass-mad that your shitty jew democracy has failed you? Maybe if you wake up you would see how foolish you are being right now reddit boi.
>>
>>24464337
butthurt shitskin/gook detected
>>
File: pooh.jpg (49 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
pooh.jpg
49 KB, 720x400
>>24464337
>grain
>shiteating inflammatory poison
>>
>>24464328
The catch is I am religious
>>
>>24464386
http://www.amazon.ca/Grain-Brain-Surprising-Sugar-Your-Killers/dp/031623480X

gluten free movement is full of retards, but the premise is not wrong

>>24464351
proud anglo saxon

>>24464342
if you think direct democracy is the future, you have no fucking clue. Take a look at reddit if you want to see how that system turns out

the social hierarchy of the west has been stagnating ever since the democratic revolutions. All technology exists to centralize power. From the monopolies will come autocracy, as it always has
>>
File: 1422332078333.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
1422332078333.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1440
>>24464317
drug
noun
noun: drug; plural noun: drugs

a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.

notice the or other substance. the FDA's definition excludes drug because of US regularly law on food being divided among multiple agencies. food is a drug, by the actual definition.

please stop being pedantic to win an argument you lost.
>>
File: tips.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>24464434
What type of sky fairy do you believe in?
I'll tip myself
>>
>>24464489
>please stop being pedantic
now you're just being obvious
>>
>>24464434
You think that bothers me? It doesn't. I was raised by non-religious parents but I've been thinking about converting to Catholicism for some time.
>>
What isn't there to like besides the taste? Having a beer and being drunk are 2 different things.
>>
>>24464529
Ehhh I don't like Catholicism, the pope literally blasphemes and calls himself Christ on earth. They literally believe that the church has authority over the Bible.
>>
File: dubs dance.gif (412 KB, 189x300) Image search: [Google]
dubs dance.gif
412 KB, 189x300
>>24464528
obvious that am i right senpai, sorry
>>
>>24459172
Because lame ass faggots like you are a real pain to be around when you aren't buzzed or high. I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than be around a straight edge fag who thinks he's better for being a pussy ass hoe.
>>
>>24462699
If your social group is all retards, that just makes you the smartest retard,
Retard
>>
>>24464489
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnDrugs/ucm079436.htm

>A drug is defined as:
>A substance recognized by an official pharmacopoeia or formulary.
>A substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A substance (other than food) intended to affect the structure or any function of the body.
>A substance intended for use as a component of a medicine but not a device or a component, part or accessory of a device.
>Biological products are included within this definition and are generally covered by the same laws and regulations, but differences exist regarding their manufacturing processes (chemical process versus biological process.)

>>>>>(other than food)
>other than food
>(other than food)

nice meme retard
>>
>>24464595
So you're Protestant then...? I guess Orthodox would be too much to hope for. Which sect do you belong to?
>>
>>24464223
One simple question, do we metabolize neurotoxin and convert them into energy? Our body doesn't get rid of it, it digests it.

And mind you, along with wood dust and possessed meat, alcohol is a group 1 carcinogen. So, would you cross out anybody consuming possessed meat and using wood for furniture off your list?

And again, all your accusations are irrelevant here, since we are talking about moderate drinking and social drinking, which aren't nearly enough to create a fraction of the potential hazards you stated.
>>
File: 1365296315266.png (8 KB, 159x153) Image search: [Google]
1365296315266.png
8 KB, 159x153
>>24464659
haha wrong, it doesn't say that
>>
>>24463579
>You make that assumption without even knowing me
you're a whore on /r9k/
>>
why do i hate people who smoke weed so much
>>
>>24464480
Anon, do you enjoy pretending to be a woman
online?

I don't trust the words from a liar.
>>
>>24464693
to be frank I'm not certain what you're trying to say here. I'm willing to admit I'm wrong if you can provide persuasive information otherwise
>>
File: durg.jpg (139 KB, 920x713) Image search: [Google]
durg.jpg
139 KB, 920x713
>>24464704
No it's actually right there on the page you mong
>>
>>24464726
pretty much this
Girls posting their gender on /r9k/ is a red flag.
>>
>>24458181
Daily reminder that studies have shown that people who do not *experiment* with drugs are doing life wrong.
>>
>>24464337
I would like to point out Eastern civilization consume alcohol just as much as the West does.

Your point is invalid. Nothing replaces alcohol in term of culture significance and food tradition.
>>
>>24464741
They are the furfags/BR MMO players/bronies etc of the drug world
>>
>>24464809
chicken and egg also selecting for normies 'cuz teenagers
>>
>>24460424
You seem like such a fucking loser, even for r9k standards. Ruining their life by occasionally having a drink? Kill yourself LOL
>>
File: git gud.jpg (99 KB, 800x568) Image search: [Google]
git gud.jpg
99 KB, 800x568
>>24464789
Yeah right lmao nice photoshop you fraudulent pedant. 2000% mad, senpai desu
>>
>>24464809
nigga, anyone can make a powerpoint slide with "facts" and back it up by saying "studies show"
>>
>>24464758
I'm saying you're not being logical with your claims, and everything you said to demonize alcohol within the context is either wrong or irrelevant.

for the following reasons: >>24464693
>>
>>24464842
The point is people who have friends try drugs. Even devout Christian kids try pot.
Being entirely abstainent predisposes you to not be "normie".
>I guess that's what you lot want tho amirite?
Most successful people experiment with drugs.
>Doesn't mean drugs are good
>just means properly developed humans experiment with drugs
>>
>>24464887
It was made by my professor
But I suppose a PHD doesn't = reliable source necessarily.
>>
>>24462615
haha ayy haha
>>
>>24464913
no, those aren't reasons. that's condescending smugness

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2011/mar/07/safe-level-alcohol-consumption

in case you think I'm biased, this guy also routinely campaigns for decriminalization of all drugs. Said poster also admit it's a group 1 carcinogen

as for dealcoholized wine:

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/09/study-red-wine-is-healthier-when-its-non-alcoholic-sorry/262128/

if you've got evidence I'm always interested in learning on this topic, otherwise I'm going to assume you're butthurt
>>
>>24464969
you realize you're agreeing with me?
>>
File: normie tears.png (285 KB, 463x463) Image search: [Google]
normie tears.png
285 KB, 463x463
>do you drink
>no
>do you smoke?
>no
>wtf? what's wrong with you? do you think you're better than me?
>later on
>you probably think I sound stupid right now
>>
File: 1447349229775.jpg (790 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1447349229775.jpg
790 KB, 2048x1536
>>24458181
>no drinking/drugs
>saving myself for someone worth marrying
>never worked a "real" job but make enough to be considered well off
My mere existence enrages normies
>>
File: 1437585974677.jpg (54 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1437585974677.jpg
54 KB, 418x359
>>24460191
>carpooling back from internship with 3 normies
>they start talking about going to the club
>i'm in the car and they are inviting each other but not me
>driver realizes and feels bad
>asks me if i want to go
>nah
>"oh, i get it, your girl wouldn't like it if you did go"
>nah, no girl, just don't want to
He was shocked! His reaction is what you would expect if i told him i couldn't go because of leukemia or something.
The face he made was awkwardness, apology and pity at the same time, he stammered when he told me "that's rare, but i guess it's ok".
I was amazed! The idea that someone doesn't like to go out at night to drink cheap bear in a crowded noisy place and chase bitches shocked him to the point of stammering.
>>
>>24464480
http://www.docsopinion.com/2013/11/05/grain-brain-take-grain-salt/

just a little something so you don't just suck up anything in that book

>proud anglo saxon (gangbanged European genes melting pot)

fixed it for you

>if you think direct democracy is the future, you have no fucking clue. Take a look at reddit if you want to see how that system turns out

yet reddit is not a direct democracy
>>
>>24463474
i do this too, are these type of robots common?
>>
File: anita popcorn.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
anita popcorn.gif
1 MB, 250x250
>>24458181
>drink
>do drugs
>make frogposters buttblasted
>>
>>24465131
>>24463474
>ironically having a social life and going out with friends

You still have a social life and friends, meaning you're not robots, meaning ree get out
>>
>>24465037
I agree with the chicken and egg arguement.

However I think there is 'value' in experimenting with drugs (not to a point of dependency). I feel having experienced them is better than having not experienced them.

Some one mentioned how it's delusional to presume that you "explore your mind" or "meditate" with drugs, however drugs do change your perception, and especially psychedelics can actually give you some interesting insights into how you understand and behave in the universe.

Also my mind could just be scrambled eggs (which are arguably better than raw eggs)
>>
>>24465115
genetically am 99% british. better weep dude

>leddit isn't direct enough!
(^:

your link looks like a 5 minute google. It doesn't directly contradict anything said in the book besides the Mediterranean diet which is definitely not high in grains. shit link
>>
>>24465234
>psychedelics can actually give you some interesting insights into how you understand and behave in the universe.

>tfw it takes a heavy LSD dose for a fat chick to realize she's fat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jemR2xBrvls
>>
>>24465008
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Nutt

you can check out the section about his dismissal, pretty solid source you got there

and let's not forget, processed meat and wood dust are also group 1 carcinogen, will you cross anybody consuming processed meat and wood dust off your list as well?

And for the dealcoholized wine, aren't we talking about how social drinking and moderate drinking won't affect men in being a good husband, a good father, and a good member of the society?

That is irrelevant, same as if you tell me fruit juice is good for health.

And by the way, none of this matter if your country haven't legalized marriage between people of same sex.
>>
>>24465234
sounds delusional. We know physiologically contrabanned drugs are harmful. Psychadelics, which are open to debate right now, seem to have a pronounced tendency to create retards. Just accept the egg is that normies are hedonists are self-fulfilling prophecy so we can get on with this
>>
>>24465302
what does the book say?

beside of course, see I got this amazon link right here, and I have no real argument whatsoever
>>
>>24464643
Relativity, to the sober people you're the ones they don't want to be around.
>>
>>24461808
You sound ignorant as hell but what can I expect from this board? I can't imagine you're any older than 14 but you should know smoking weed is pretty benign compared to most substances you Can get fucked up on. Not to say weed is perfect but it certainly doesn't kill brain cells in moderate use
>>
>>24465315
Lord...
Semi-related
Ever heard of ayahuasca?
It's basically a slow acting DMT and people from the states fly to southern America to use it as therapy for they're rapey childhoods.

Moral if the story is drugs can have a varying amount of pros and cons and fatties deserve death
>>
>>24465302
>genetically am 99% british

you're also genetically 99% african btw
>>
>>24458181
It'll bite. I used to do too many drugs and drink a lot. Now I am pretty moderate. I had a lot of problems at the time and they got me by, then I quit them when I needed to. They introduced me to religion, but presented a false one I could have grown contented with. Drugs and alcohol are what you make of them.
>>
>>24464319
i don't even drink, i just think it's stupid that you would dump someone over moderate, social drinking
>>
I'm smug as fuck about being straightedge, and I don't care. I'm a thousand times better than those fucking idiots who do drugs.
>>
>>24460168
>use drugs
>want to do something
>spend hours doing it when it would have taken 30 minutes if I was going slow while sober
I don't like drugs because they make people inefficient. My thoughts on drugs are that the people that live by them don't have any hobbies so not being able to do specific things doesn't matter to them, I can't see any other reason to frequently use drugs.
>>
File: IMAG1735.jpg (862 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1735.jpg
862 KB, 1520x2688
>>24465381
Or sometimes they awake creativity and imagination
Example
>Steve jobs
>every artist ever

>inb4 all artists are in fact retards
>>
>>24465363
his dismissal was clearly for getting involved in politics and not toeing the line, there's no suggestion of bad science here

So you're asking me if I don't think people should be consuming carcinogens. Of course not. You are misunderstanding my typology of the hedonist if you think I am suggesting we kill ALL of these categories... the hedonist is a statistical minority of advocates. The rest can be suppressed or restricted using passive means

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/food-and-nutrition/faq-20058529

grape juice appears to have the same effect. Dealcoholized wine certainly does, to a greater extent than wine. This is indisputable. If you tally the social costs of "casual drinking", you'd see that for many people it simply isn't casual and has needless costs. It's a political myth

was hoping to see citations, instead shitty half-assed commentary. This is pathetic
>>
>>24465421
Yeah I actually had bought the vines & tree bark needed to brew it at home and me and a bunch of people were going to do it but we kept postponing it and eventually drama happened between us and then we got together again but drama happened again and eventually we just drifted aaprt and by that time the plants were no good and I had no place to brew it.

Salvia is actually within the same vein as DMT/Ayahuasca, in that it rips you out of reality and pretty much hits the reset button on your psyche.
>>
File: disturbed.jpg (6 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
disturbed.jpg
6 KB, 261x193
>>24463030
>I am a woman

Why would anybody lie on an anonymous imageboard?
>>
>>24462587
I'm addicted to oxy and hate myself for it and do not reccomend it to anyone as it will turn you into a drug whore

But psychedelics are beautiful mind expanding substances that may induce pleasure but I don't indulge because of the pleasure but to learn something about myself. I think if anyone in this thread needs some acid it's the close minded asshat I'm replying to now.
>>
>>24465518
"drugs make me creative!"

no. absolutely, no. Even users will admit this is bullshit, most of these skew self-valuations terribly and objectively decrease technical skill. That's a crock confusing associations with liberalism by the creative classes as being a cause
>>
>>24465548
Personally found salvia underwhelming but I probably under dosed.
>>
>>24465512
>I don't like drugs because they make people inefficient.

>Xanax
>Ritalin
>Cocaine
>Caffeine
>etc.

not all drugs are Ketamine or Heroin, m8.
>>
Anything you can achieve while on drugs you can achieve sober.

And drug users are cunts.
>>
>>24465589
If you judge by technical skill then you're right.

I would like to rebuttal that altered perception does in many cases lead to new approaches to art.

Van Gogh for instance whether he was abstinent or not, is significant because of his altered view of reality. Caused by his bi polar disorder (presumably) which absolutely induces an altered state.

Would you say that the Beatles creations were not associated strongly with their drug use?

Whether it is the temporary affect of the drug or having been through an episode of altered perception, creativity is bred through divergent thought.
Case and point.
>>
>>24465607
There's a whole laundry list of things that can go wrong with Salvia

>not smoking it properly, which itself has its own laundry list of things to do properly, the most common mistake
>smoking a low-strength extract
>being in a bright room (or out in the mid-day sun) with loads of audio-visual distractions
>just having bad luck and having a tolerance.

The first dozen times or so smoking Salvia, I never got the full effect. For some people it was immediate on their first time.
>>
>>24463836
Maybe for someone as weak willed as yourself

If you can't believe you can you won't
>>
>>24465667
Obviously those drugs are beneficial for efficiency but have the downside of forming a reliance on them. I try to not use any outside help with anything as to be completely self-sufficient. Even when it comes to medicine I'll only take it if there's a chance I'll die without it. Drugs just aren't for me, but if people like them then do them, I'm all for people doing whatever they want as long as it's not affecting another person negatively.
>>
>>24465737
It's definitely something to revisit I guess.
I found shrooms to be amazing for bonding, with people and other assorted nouns.
>>
>>24459786
You're a fucking asshole.
>>
>>24465729
The market for drug art are drug users. Not because it's particularly creative or talented in many cases

successful drug users /=/ successful because drugs. This is correlational bullshit of the worst kind. Please give a citation and then gfto because creativity ain't worth the health problems
>>
>>24465675
I can't feel happy sober.
>>
>>24465737
>>24465769
xDDD this is a drug thread so I better post muh shrooms

and they say they're not cancerous faggots
>>
>>24465589
I'd imagine you won't take any suggestions I give seriously, but if you ever have some free time (which you should because you're a sober prick) I would suggest reading some of the works of Hunter Thompson.

He is the result of the 60s drug epidemic. His work reflects both the creative opportunities exposed by drug use along with its insidious effects on the mind and body.
>>
>>24458181
Normie here. I don't care that you don't drink, if anything I respect people that are at parties and don't cave when people tell them to have a drink. The people who're obsessed with getting smashed just look like fucking idiots to anyone who's got any actual life experience outside of school.
>>
File: nozomi1.jpg (74 KB, 595x537) Image search: [Google]
nozomi1.jpg
74 KB, 595x537
>>24465822
who's mad now? hmmm
>>
>>24465729
it creates "different" art, rather than "better" art

i guess it's really subjective and depends on the person
>>
>>24465813
Yes you can.

Simple as that.
>>
>>24465543

Anon, let's go back to the original point:

1) Are you a woman?

2) Are you actually looking for a husband?
>>
>>24465813
go sober for a month and exercise. Wow, your irregularly high dopamine expectations are gone along with most of your problems
>>
>>24465813
you don't feel happy being drunk either.
If anything you forget about that "happiness" anyway.
>>
>>24465785
>because creativity ain't worth the health problems

for you
>>
>>24465888
Why don't you go exercise for a month?
>>
itt https://youtu.be/zGVTEP0xoiw?t=2m13s
>>
>>24465827
HST is the type of meme I'm talking about. So you're right to say I don't respect him, although I'm probably going to pick up the mckenna work dealing with alcohol in an industrial society one of these days

However, I want to make it clear that I am not antidrug insofar as their potential applications. Caffeine is a valid means of increasing intelligence, there are useful applications of most substances medically. Recreational use for the sake of pleasure is just plain stupid and a social problem

>>24465867
not her. Although given she seems to be Canadian I've probably got better chances courting than you do faggot
>>
>>24465976
> I've probably got better chances courting than you do faggot

mightiest of the robot, did you kuck your dad by being inside your mom as well?
>>
>>24465961
I already do. 30 minutes a day makes the feels go away
>>
>>24465785
Who is your favorite artist? Have you ever created your own art?

To gauge the impact of an artist on culture shouldn't be dictated by they're regard for their health.

Basquiat and Kurt kobain both died young, one from drug overdose and the other suicide.

Troubled people often turn to drugs
Troubled people arguably make better art

Causal relationship
>>
>>24465976
>not her

sure pal
>>
>>24465976
>Caffeine is a valid means of increasing intelligence

so caffeine is cool, and Adderall/Amphetamines is just caffeine, but better

are you cool with someone who has ADHD using amphetamines?
>>
>>24466027
does riding a dildo count as exercise?
>>
>>24465857
That is what I mean in a nut shell.
Art is subjective so saying any kind of art is inherently 'bad' is kind of ignorant to what art is.
>>
>>24465976
Hunter shaped to political landscape through his writing, he literally swayed the course of the 72 elections. Whether you respect him or not drugs made him into a more historically significant person than he would be otherwise.
>>
>>24466033
>favorite artist
is a circlejerk. During an edgy teenager phase I liked german expressionism and otto dix
>created art?
yes

you're agreeing with me at this point by suggesting the causal factor is troubled people. And this I can agree with for the most part

>>24466046
http://healthland.time.com/2010/12/21/adderall-may-not-make-you-smarter-but-it-makes-you-think-you-are/

you will enjoy this article. I cannot speak with authority here but if it's prescribed I have no problem. Soldiers historically have used amphetamines and I see some application there as well, but not for the general population
>>
>>24466226
>http://healthland.time.com/2010/12/21/adderall-may-not-make-you-smarter-but-it-makes-you-think-you-are/

thank you for googling it for me
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.