[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw got diagnosed with multiple sclerosis >tfw my immune
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: paralysis01.jpg (26 KB, 378x289) Image search: [Google]
paralysis01.jpg
26 KB, 378x289
>tfw got diagnosed with multiple sclerosis
>tfw my immune system is literally attacking and slowly but surely tearing apart my brain
>tfw any day now I'll probably progress to full paralysis and end up as a vegetable in crapping myself in a hospital bed with liquid nutrition pumped into my body by a machine

Any other debilitating chronic illness anons here? Pic isn't me by the way.
>>
>>24457649
Just end your life while you still have some dignity.
>>
>>24457701

I'm considering it, but I'm Christian and that kind of goes against my beliefs.
>>
MS is real shitty, it turned my aunt from a loving and happy person into a severely depressed broken person. If it wasn't for the meds and drugs and her family she would've been dead already. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.
>>
My mother is doing fairly well for decades. Also thanks to medication.
>>
>>24457727
Then why did God give you such a retarded immune system?
>>
>>24457727
>>24457649
bait alert
>>
>>24457782

I don't believe I'm in a position to question what God does or doesn't do and I don't have any idea if God actually intervenes with anything like immune systems on an individual basis.

>>24457789

A lot of people believe in God and MS unfortunately isn't that rare.
>>
if jesus could kill himself so could you
>>
>>24458175

I think I would have to be sacrificing myself for the benefit others for it to count as OK. So maybe I could become a firefighter and then die in a fire.
>>
>>24457649
How did you catch it?
>>
>>24457649
It can be managed, I know from my mom. Might have some hard days but you can still have a good long fulfilling life.
>>
>>24459103

It's not an infectious disease. People just get it randomly, though there's some correlation with climate and genetics possibly.

>>24459133

Good to hear. Thanks.
>>
MS isnt real.

its a meme disease
>>
>>24459214
Sorry to hear that man. Life sure can be cruel for some
>>
File: legit.png (242 KB, 357x300) Image search: [Google]
legit.png
242 KB, 357x300
Opee watch this.
>>
>>24459834
Oh god I'm sorry the dude in the show has MD not MS. But it's still funny.
>>
>>24457869
too bad im athiest and "god" hasnt given me MS huh? *tips fedora*
>>
>>24457649
OP.

I have fredreichs ataxia which also eats away at the nerves. I plan to kill myself before I physically can't.
I don't mean this in a bad way, but you should kill yourself if you don't want to suffer.
>>
You should really take some really decent magnesium OP, it can really help in more ways than one with it, especially spasms. 400mg a day, of a decent form like glycinate.
>>
>>24457649
I recommend you put it into writing you do not want to be on life support
>>
>>24457649
I know this is bait but I'd actually just kill myself at this point. I wouldn't want to live through that hell and know my parents and sister would be pieces of shit and would force me to live like that til I died.
>>
>>24459939
This is a very, very good idea.
>>
>>24459821

It's cool, I've had a lot of good fortune too. Could've been starving in Africa and dead before puberty, so taking the good with the bad.

>>24459904

Sorry you have to deal with that, anon. I understand where you're coming from, just not totally convinced it's the right thing to do yet. I don't blame you if you do it yourself though.

>>24459939

Yeah, I've thought about this. It's still early in the whole process so I have some time to think about it.
>>
>>24457649
There's a bunch of new drugs in development for MS, and although most of them probably will be ineffective / riddled with adverse effects, there's still good hope that a few might actually slow down or even reverse disease progression.

If you opened up a medical textbook in 1995 there is hardly anything on the treatment of MS. Now in 2015, there still isn't anything great out there but there are at least a lot of options and things that *may* work.

Now of course there is no guarantee that something good will be found or that it will work on you specifically, but know that there is at least tons of ongoing research and there is possibility that you won't be crippled by this disease.
>>
I'm 22 and have rosacea and ocular rosacea. Incurable, makes my face red and it's ruining my eyesight.

Not as bad as OP but it still sucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 645x773
>>24460074
You seem like a cool guy, OP. I'll pray for you ;_;
>>
My roommate has MS, he's had it for about 4 years now but was only diagnosed 2 years ago.

I've only known him since he's had it, but from pictures I've seen and stories I've heard, it seems like he was really athletic, active, and social before he got it. He doesn't really go out much anymore and he's really skinny now, takes a bunch of med too. I think he's pretty depressed overall desu.

It's good that you caught it early OP, hopefully the med scan help slow it down. It's possible they could cure it in our lifetimes too, there's a lot of good research going on with DNA and microbiology right now, and it wouldn't surprise me if scientists could figure out a way to make T cells stop attacking the myelin sheaths coating neurons. It might be a gene that needs to be fixed, or a mechanism in those cells. MS is pretty terrible, but have hope man, breakthroughs are happening at a faster rate now than they ever have been.
>>
Get AIDS to fuck your immune system
>>
go to a doctor and get fucking medicine dude. I know someone 70 years old doing fine walking and talking and enjoying life with ms because they got proper treatment
>>
Is your name by any chance Matthew?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.