[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you have actually been to a psychologist and/or therapist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6
File: asukaplubmy.jpg (836 KB, 1697x1200) Image search: [Google]
asukaplubmy.jpg
836 KB, 1697x1200
How many of you have actually been to a psychologist and/or therapist and tried to become a normie/fix your life?
>>
every Monday I go, my mom makes me. its a bloody waste of time, like how the hell is that magically gonna make me less full on autism
>>
>>24451000
Well, not magically I would think, but you are saying it doesn't help at all? I mean, seriously?
>>
>>24451021
its fucking useless. therapists and psychologists don't do shit
>>
>tfw psychologist gets up 20 minutes into the session and pours himself a drink
>>
>>24451095
You can only get out what you put into it. If you're committed to bettering yourself you'll get more than if you're going out of obligation, which is what it sounds like.

It's the same as with education. If you don't try you won't learn, you'll waste your time and theirs.
>>
>>24451115
But is it possible to cure lazyness? or rather, unwillingness to work?
>>
>>24450968
I've been going forever. Permanent side effects from medication have made my life 100x worse, and I only continue going because I'm forced to. I'm such a fucking retard for ever visiting those glorified businessmen.
>>
I did about a decade ago. I was resentful of my virginity, and I began to entertain some very unpleasant thoughts. I'd see an attractive woman, and I'd get dizzy and angry. So I went to a therapist.

I had the inevitable initial interview on my first visit. On my second visit, I submitted to a battery of psychological tests including that Rorschach nonsense. On my third, I was ambushed and taken into custody by the Office of Mental Health, placed into holding and eventually transported to the ghetto psychiatric wing of a local hospital on a police car.

They drugged me, subjected me to "games" that were obviously psychological evaluation tools, and drugged me some more. Drew blood every day. They cut me loose after 72 hours (I signed in as voluntary; had I done otherwise, they could have kept me indefinitely).

10 years later. Now a wizard. Still angry and sad, but I have no thought of pursuing therapy.

I pour my medicine from a liquor bottle now. It's unhealthy, of course, but far less poisonous than the drugs forced on me when I was locked up.
>>
I tried going to a psychologist but the medical system in this country is so bad that I was just left with a counselor that clearly didn't give a shit and just threw me on medication. I smoked some dank weed, realized all my failures, got unbelievably depressed and went back on the medication. I'm pretty normal now actually, but I still enjoy spending time on /r9k/.
>>
im seeing one now
i hope to get an ez job that requires no effort
>>
>>24450968
I tried

>>24451000
>>24451021
>>24451095
>>24451097
>>24451115
>>24451164
>>24451168
>>24451176
>>24451187
>>24451196

Ok guys listen to me, im gonna give you some free and golden advice. Dont go to shrinks/psychs/doctors. They are useless and not even real. Its a placebo. Why would you pay someone or let your insurance pay for someone to tell you shit you already know?

>hurr durr I feel sad
then stop being sad

it is literally that easy. I was always depressed in my life, suicidal, went to psych wards, dont got a job or education or friends or a girlfriend and im also not close with family too. So I was depressed. But now im not anymore. Why? Depression is not real. Thats the golden advice im giving you. It literally isnt real. You feel how you want to feel. If you want to be happy, be happy. It is that easy. For years I thought I needed councling and talking about my feelings and swallowing chemicals on a daily base aka meds but its bullshit, its not real. You are.

I hope this helps, it has helped me alot and I havent been depressed in months
>>
>>24450968
>psychologist
>therapist
>fixing your life
>>
>>24451249
Who /just be themselves/ here?
>>
>>24451249
If you are able to strawman logic yourself into being happy, you were never depressed in the first place.

Depression is an illness, a chemical imbalance. You doesn't just think it away.

Assholes like you are why depression is labeled as a meme disease.

Kill yourself.
>>
Going to the psychologist is considered admitting that you're crazy here.
>>
>>24451300
just be yourself, its literally all you need

well you dont need anything at all really, unless you want to, but its all irrelevant

>>24451318
its not, depression is a feeling. Just like feeling cold. If you feel cold, you put on a sweater or turn on the heat and then you are warm.

Depression IS a meme decease. You can be sad sometimes sure I maybe too sometimes a bit sad but its not real, only you are.

I hope you understand, or if not you will understand it someday.

It will be best feeling ever once you know that depression isnt real and only you stand between it
>>
>>24451338
Well it's not like you have to tell your imaginary friends about it.
>>
>>24451358
how do you know 4chan arent your imaginary friends?

it doesnt matter, its not real, nothing is, everything is irrelevant

depression is literally nothing
>>
I have for 19 months. Helped me get over my panic attacks. I got a job and girlfriend now so I'm pretty much a normie these days.
>>
>>24451249
>>24451352
Whoa, you should write a book or something.
>>
>>24451352
Please stop embarrassing yourself with your pseudoscience
>>
>>24451385
>nothing is real
This statement is unprovable, and changes nothing. Even if you are depressed in a dream world or the real world you are still depressed. Also my point was that you have no friends.
>>
>>24451352
You're a fucking retard. It is a chemical imbalance. If it was just a feeling, most of people with depression could easily shake it off.

I tried what you said like seven years ago and it didn't work. I need fucking pills but I don't have the money.

I hope you die.
>>
>>24451405
im not rly the writing person but helping other robots is already doing a lot

>>24451417
enjoy 'talking' about your feelings and swollowing chemicals, that will magicly make you happy anon

>>24451420
also true yes

>>24451453
keep coming up with excuses

>depression is chemical imbalance
>being fat is bad genes

im trying to help you faggots and you be so mad to me.

I struggled with depression for years and only now I feel enlightment
>>
>>24451477
Congratulations, you were never depressed to begin with
>>
>>24451477
Then please stop derailing this thread. It is about experiences with psychologists/therapists. If you want to subvert the ignorant with your pseudoscience go to tumblr.
>>
>>24451504
yeah pretty sure i just dreamed those wasted 15 years

>Suddenly am slim
>You were never fat to begin with!

really retarded logic

>>24451509
IM HELPING YOU FAGGOTS

Dont go to psychologists, my experiences with them being locked up for years and talking to them daily/weekly and swollowing chemicals are also valuable

DO NOT GO TO PSYCHOLOGISTS EVER

THEY ARENT EVEN REAL THEY WONT DO YOU ANY GOOD

YOU ARE YOU

thats the advice

the advice is

YOU = YOU

get it??

fuck i wish people would understand, i could teach you so much
>>
>>24451553
Not sure if retarded or in a psychosis
>>
I'm seeing a therapist right now and it's the stupidest fucking thing in the world.

I told him I wasn't getting out of bed and I was failing all my classes and I couldn't motivate myself to do anything, and he asked me what made this way of life any better than any other. I told him it wasn't healthy and I didn't want to live like this, but he basically thought that if I truly "wanted" to live another way then I would and this was clearly the life that I wanted of myself.

He speaks in like obtuse riddles and it takes me forever to even figure out the bullshit he's trying to tell me or get any kind of meaningful information from it. I hate how he sits there in complete silence, thinking of some clever bit to say. It's so inauthentic. Ironically his self-described "style" is "authenticity therapy".
>>
>>24451597
I feel like if you dont understand you never will

enjoy wasting time and money to talk about feelings

it needs to come from inside you, not from outside you

YOU ARE YOU

Shrinks arent real, wake up

It doesnt matter if its mental or physical

if you are fat you get thin, if you are warm you get cold
>>
>>24451616
Hm, this is kind of what I thought on the bus last night though. I am failing classes too in college, and I never understood why, since I had excellent grades the first few years and then it all went to shit.

I think I realized I am afraid of growing up, getting my degree and joining the workforce. Being in limbo at my parents house, getting money and security from not doing anything is too comfortable. I am basically scared of succeeding.
>>
>>24451625
Yup, psychosis
>>
File: weed smoking dried cow fetus.jpg (138 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
weed smoking dried cow fetus.jpg
138 KB, 800x600
>>24451553

I think you've been smoking the Old Toby of the negro monks my friend...
>>
>>24451653
>>24451663
Haha nope m8, im doing better than ever since I found this out, im always happy, am stronger and I lift 6 times a week, on my way to get a job, i have been the best i have been in the past 15 years since I decided that depression isnt real

i cant stress this enough, it will solve all your problems but you need to do it yourself.

YOU=YOU

if you dont do it yourself and think that talking + swollowing meds is gonna make you happy you will forever be miserable
>>
>>24451477
>im not rly the writing person

Well, obviously.

>but helping other robots is already doing a lot

It is doing nothing, because your "help" isn't helpful.

All you're doing is just irritating people. You may be a troll. If so, you know this already and I hope you're getting something out of all of this provocation. If not, and you are sincere, you must be a bit on the dim side, so I'll try to explain why you aren't being received with gratitude.

People are coming to this thread to vent. They probably have no opportunity to do this in real life. I sure don't.

What you are doing is trivializing their problems. You are telling them to think happy thoughts and fly. If you try that in the real world, you fall.

If you don't understand this, you are not "enlightened". You are retarded. Fun fact: I worked with the retarded for years. If they were inconvenienced in a minor way, it was devastating for them. Not surprisingly, taking away this crushing pain was just as simple. Change a diaper, get them some food, make silly noises.

So you learned how to change your own diapers, in a manner of speaking. Congratulations. It doesn't make you any less retarded.
>>
>>24451616
Authenticity therapy sounds like some ridiculous "bee yourself" trash
>>
>>24451716

ur just dumb i have given plenty of tips

it needs to come from inside, you need to make yourself happy

if you cant be happy with yourself talking to a shrink for 15mins is gonna fix your problems
>>
>>24450968

>eating her through her pantsu
>>
>>24451694

Maybe instead of depression what you actually had was Bipolar Disorder and you're now in a manic stage. Your writing style seems either very manic or very stoned.
>>
>>24451831
I stopped smoking weed a few months ago, im more sober than ever m8

but nice trying to do some ad hominems
>>
>depression
>not cheering your punk ass up

It is literally that easy.
>>
>>24451831

Why do we feel depressed? What does it achieve what do we gain from it? Isn't it really just a state of mind that is alterable at will?
>>
>>24451813

Okay. Confirmed troll. No one can actually be this fucking stupid. If I was sober, I wouldn't respond to this in the first place.

But I'm not at work, which means I'm not sober. So you got me, you struck a sore nerve. So I'll keep going.

I am the first to admit therapists are nonsense. Your feel good, mind over matter bullshit, is just as bad, if not worse. At least a therapist gives some people a chance to talk.

I would never risk that I again (I was the guy earlier in the thread who got locked up by OMH), but I understand the appeal of it. And if it gives someone a chance to feel a little less isolated, than what of it?

I'm kind of curious, though. What do you get out of being such a cunt in this thread (because I know you're not for real)? Does it feel that good to kick people when they're down?
>>
>>24451875
Depression is an automatic response when our primate egos arent gratified.
>>
My doc wants me to try zoloft.
Any robots have experiences with it?
>>
>>24450968
the psycho rapist does he teach you lick very pic related pussy?
>>
>>24451115
you can put all your heart into it but if it doesn't relate to you or connect with your personal beliefs you are wasting your time.
>>
>>24451906
if you need to talk talk, why go to a therpist for that?

talk to yourself, someone else, 4chan, whatever

i am not kicking people that are down im helping people dont waste their time like I did

you just call me a troll cause u dont like what u hear or dont want to change or want shit to be handed to you on a silver platter

you need to do it yourself, its the only way
>>
>>24450968
I go

I get ssri and xanax
>>
>>24451249
The pro lem is some people know the truth but still lie to themselves Mr 14 gear old
>>
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT I'M TRYING TO NOFAP HERE

FUCK THAT IMAGE
>>
>>24451976
im out now btw, need to go

i hope this helps and sorry if i offended anyone
>>
>>24451976

>you just call me a troll cause u dont like what u hear or dont want to change or want shit to be handed to you on a silver platter

I'm calling you a troll because I have a hard time believing anyone as semi-literate as yourself is able to turn on a computer, let alone access the internet. Sure, these are simple tasks, but I have a hard time believe you are capable of achieving even those given how you're presenting yourself. So troll. You are a troll. You know how this board feels about "bee yourself" nonsense. You know what buttons to push. You are a fucking troll, and god help me, I'm too drunk to stop responding to you.

>talk to yourself, someone else, 4chan, whatever

Human beings are social animals. It's part and parcel of how we operate. We feel a need to communicate with people. And so some people resort to therapists. Is it ideal? Of course not. But why be such a prick to people who have nothing else?

>i am not kicking people that are down im helping people dont waste their time like I did

Why am I beginning to suspect some of the "therapy" you received involved a lobotomy?
>>
>>24451933
Didn't help me at all, just killed my ability to get a boner or cum. I don't know why doctors keep prescribing SSRIs for anyone without OCD, I've never heard any good stories from people using them.
>>
>>24451318
>You doesn't just think it away.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't trolling and actually fooled himself. There are women who deny their pregnancy and are surprised 9 months later, then throw the baby in the trash because obviously it can't be a real baby right?

Since he's talking about "months", he may also be bipolar and into a manic phase where he's feeling enlightened and in control and shit, until the inevitable return of depression.

That, or he's just out of depression. A lot of depressions just go away after months/years and if you're one of the lucky bastards, it doesn't come back.
>>
>>24452094
>just killed my ability to get a boner or cum
did you still have sexual desire? i wouldn't really mind not feeling horny as much
>>
>>24452116
Not really, pretty much ends all sexual desire whatsoever. I went from jerking off every day for like 8 or 9 years to taking a three month break.
>>
>>24452133
did that bother you?
>>
>>24452154
Yeah it felt really frustrating and there were some times where I was jerking off for like 6 hours and couldn't cum.
>>
>>24451653
oh dear disagree with the almighty and perfect mental health system means you must be mentally ill you should have nobel prize
>>
File: 1447749089165.jpg (762 KB, 1000x944) Image search: [Google]
1447749089165.jpg
762 KB, 1000x944
>OK anon, let's start with why you are here. Why are you here?
"I don't really know. I've dropped out of uni twice now and my life is going nowhere. My family are worried about me. It was my mum who made this appointment."
>Well anon it doesn't matter what your mum thinks, this is your life and this will only work if you want to change.
"Right".
>What are your goals?
"I don't know. I don't really have any goals."
>Well what do you like to do? What are your hobbies?
"I don't have any hobbies. Every day I just sit around my room watching telly or browsing on the computer."
>What gets you up in the morning? Why do you get out of bed?
"I'm not really sure. Basic survival instincts and needs I suppose like the need to do the toilet and hunger for breakfast. Beyond that, nothing."
>Do you ever have thoughts about suicide?
"No." (bare-faced lie because I'm not a moron and have no intention of being detained)
>Well what do you want out of life?
"I don't know."
>Perhaps that is a start for us then; finding out what it is that you want?
"OK".
>That's your homework for next week: find out what you want out of life and what your goals are.
"Right..."

At the end I was still talking but I noticed her unsubtly looking at her watch, signaling my allotted time was over. Then she reminded me that the charge was 60GBP. It was sobering to me to be reminded that this was all a way to make money for her.

I never went back after that first session. It was amusing to me that she thought that "figuring out what I want out of life" was appropriate homework for a week. Mostly I think the reason I didn't go back though was because I was doubtful that any amount of words would change me. At this point I don't think there is some magical combination of words or ideas that anyone could say to me that would turn me into a functional human being.
>>
File: 1446671927049.png (395 KB, 680x665) Image search: [Google]
1446671927049.png
395 KB, 680x665
>>24450968
OMG I WANT TO DO OP'S PIC SO BAD FUCK,

>tfw no qt to facesit
>>
>24451249

Just beeeeee yourself! Feeling depressed? Have you tried just feeling happy instead?

Holy shit your fucking advice is SO BAD.
>>
File: 1423104062517.png (361 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
1423104062517.png
361 KB, 858x725
>>24452381
FACESIT ME ANON FACESIT ME RIGHT NOW
>>
File: 1433795678043.jpg (124 KB, 503x581) Image search: [Google]
1433795678043.jpg
124 KB, 503x581
I am a student in psychiatry. Sometimes it's pretty weird helping people when I know I need to be helped too. Despite what others are saying depression is real, it's an imbalance of chemicals in your brain. This is why normies say shit like "just don't be sad, go do stuff" and genuinely don't get why that's retarded. I've seen a lot of people improve hugely with time talking (cognitive behavioral therapy), some use anti depressants too. Some patients love them and swear by them despite the side effects (reduced libido is most common complaint), others say they don't help and don't prefer not to take them.
>>
>>24452343
same way my first and only appointment went
gardening helps me find a reason to get out of bed but ultimately i know that its just a waste of time, everything is a waste of time, flowers just smell nice and the bugs that come around (bees, dragonflies, butterflies) are pretty much my only friends
>>
>>24451249
>>24451352
this is not entirely true. Diet matters more than you think too. if you have a severe lack of copper, vitamin D and others you are way more prone to feel depressed.
>>
>>24452646
YOU CAN CURE HIV WITH VITAMINS THERE IS NO ACTUAL LINK BETWEEN THE HIV VIRUS AND AIDS
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.