[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>don't feel like playing video games >don't feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
>don't feel like playing video games
>don't feel like watching anime
>don't feel like doing anything
>literally sleep all day so I don't suffer

It's been more than a week like this.
Is this hell?
SEND HELP
>>
>>24450903
Get a job. Take a break from vidya.
>>
>>24450903
i feel the same way, anon. food doesn't taste good anymore either.
>>
I've been like this for months, maybe over a year. There is no escape.
>>
>>24450903
>>24450945
There is an escape. You've just got to start psyching yourself up for things. Getting better just doesn't happen out of nowhere. You have to be proactive about it. Perception is everything.

It's not what you're doing that matters, it's your mindset when you're doing it.
>>
I ve been like that for years.I stopped giving a fuck a long time ago.
>>
well... drugs are always an option
>>
I have something like this where I start to do something but then I get this intense feeling of boredom and have to stop. Everything I try to do is so boring
>>
>>24450936

I don't even want to do things that are enjoyable, doing some actual work sounds like hell.
>>
im the same op>>24450903
>>
I think we have been spoiled by society and technology.We have access to everything, therefore nothing seems interesting and there is nothing to fight for
>>
It's winter depression.
>>
>>24450903
Its depression. Get some help and your love of your hobbies will come back. I know from experience. I was the same exact way.
>>
>>24451145

You might be right. Shit, this never happened to me when I was a kid. I would get one video game every few months and would happily play it even if it was shit or too hard.

Now that I can get whatever I want when I want it, I can't be bothered to play anything. If it's even slightly challenging I just quit. I have turned into a casual with age.
>>
>>24450903
Depression OP
Get a job, get a hobby, get decent friends

....suicide is still an option
>>
File: basketball.jpg (148 KB, 288x385) Image search: [Google]
basketball.jpg
148 KB, 288x385
watch basketball dude, i used to be like you but then i started watching basketball. its super fun to watch and it fills the void.
>>
>>24450903

i was like that for a year before i realised i had to do something about it or start thinking about suicide.

So i joined the gym, it helps a bit, seems like my feelings of helplessness are drowned out a bit with a feeling of calmness after excercising.

But everything i did before continues to no longer be enjoyable, i cant play games for more than 5 min without getting this bored out of my mind feeling and i find myself having to pause a movies 5 to 6 times.

I might start looking into traveling alone.
>>
>>24450903
That's been my life for the last 3 years.
>>
vic is that you?
>>
Play everything you've ever played on the hardest difficulty and don't stop until you've done it. That is if you don't have a job.
>>
>>24451235

Didn't mention that sadly I am on antidepressants already and it doesn't help. I take them because I have dp/dr and panic attacks inside my own home but they don't help with my mood. It sucks.
>>
>>24451302
Is /basketball/ somehow becoming the new /fit/? Or is it just one guy trying to make it happen?

In before /samefag/ I'm not that guy
>>
smoke weed or drink while watcing anime/ playing vidya, that's what helped me enjoy em like i used to
>>
>>24451791

Don't even know where to get weed as a shut in neet. Guess I could try drinking.
>>
>>24450903
welcome to the next level of NEET.
you could drink or do drugs but after a while you'll feel shitty while doing it and feel worse when not doing it.
>>
File: 1447792177886.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1447792177886.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>tfw can't even sleep because of apnea
There's no escape.
>>
>>24452153

That sucks man.
Guess I should be grateful that I can sleep to avoid these problems.
>>
File: 354787769.jpg (71 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
354787769.jpg
71 KB, 300x250
>>24450903
>It's been more than a week like this.
>Is this hell?
>SEND HELP

Attempt to seriously commit suicide and chicken out in the last minute. For some reason this seems to trick your brain into restarting, and hopefully you can enjoy your anime and vidya again.

Worked for me several times over the period of many years...
>>
>>24451145
>I have access to evertthing
You would be surprised with what little you have.
Have you experienced love, can you run for miles at a record speed, can you create your own character or story? You have nothing kid
>>
>>24452305
>Worked for me several times over the period of many years...
How many times have you tried to an hero?
>>
>>24450903
What you are craving op are big boy toys like a piano, Photoshop, a wacom or a 3d studio license. Playing with any of these things will feel better than any videogame once you start getting better
>>
>>24450903
In the past I used to talk myself since I had no friends and was able to cope, there were days in school where I was like dammit I wish all these people would go away so I can talk to myself. I did have friends in school but I talked to myself at home, but now I can do it anymore any time I try to talk to myself or live out a fanfiction that is not sexual I just cant do it and its making me sad because that was my only way to cope with their boring life I live. I used to watch anime but now it doesnt work, video games dont work, tv doesnt work, NOTHING WORKS AT ALL!

THIS IS HELL THIS IS TORTURE ALL I CAN DO IS FAP EVERY BECAUSE THE ONLY THING ON MY MIND IF MY ANIMAL INSTINCTS ITS JUST UNBEARABLE FUCK MY LIFE.
>>
>>24450903
lucid dreaming is the answer, OP try it
>>
I've been this way for a few years as well anon.
I don't think there's any way out.
>>
>>24450903
become a stalker op
find someone in your neighborhood and take pics, follow them, learn new skills to help you become a better stalker
>>
>>24450903
Same anon. I've just suddenly had the urge to sleep as much as physically possible.
>>
>>24452472

>tfw no talent

Shit.
>>
File: 1447924530507.jpg (44 KB, 436x351) Image search: [Google]
1447924530507.jpg
44 KB, 436x351
>>24452472
I played piano for a year when I was in OP's state. I just didn't like it anymore and now I'm back to my old self.
>>
>>24450903
Shit man, this has been me this week too. The only reason I get out of bed is to go to work, all I've eaten in the last three days is half a bag of chips last night. Couldn't even finish the whole bag.
>>
>>24450903
Try one year hombre.
>>
File: 1424198768451.jpg (29 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1424198768451.jpg
29 KB, 396x385
yo join our game desu (cards against humanity)

http://pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=257
password = r9k
>>
>>24450903
Good thing my imagination is still intact. I take much joy in doing absolutely nothing. But I have to get a job soon...
>>
>>24454396

Oh god, please no.
Please tell me it will go away, I'm not sure I'm able to handle it.
>>
>>24450903
Is it bait?
>>
>>24453257
To be fair you don't need talent to enjoy things. If you want to be best in a word but obviously don't want to work to be the best then you need to get your priorities straight.
>>
>>24450903
You're thinking unclearly, you must organize your thoughts.

Start writing. It doesn't matter what. Just put pen to paper and write the first thing that comes to your mind. Burn it afterwards.

Trust me. It will help you understand what you're hung up on, and if there's something you can do to fix it.

Or you can suicide. Same end result, really.
>>
>>24454944
Not OP, I've been keeping journal for almost 3 months. I'd say it may be an enlightement and a damage in the same time. I guess 70% of it is my bad feeling for myself and in the end I've just realised how much I disrespect myself and how that's the way it will stay forver.

But overall writing feels great, you should totally try it OP.
>>
>>24454827
Not op
But I'm doing the same stuff like every year 2-3 days after new years eve.
Try to an hero
Chicken out in the last second
Take put phone
Call suicide Hotline
Talk with them for 5-6 hours
Restarted brain
Every shut which follows during the year is just bonus
If shut happens you can always tell yourself that at least you are in a better position than at the beginning of the year
>>
>>24455220
Why even bother faking the suicide? If you're so lazy why don't just call them from the comfort of your home?
>>
>>24455259
I need the drama
>>
Same thing happened to me op. Alcohol makes anime and vidya fun again. It also makes sleeping even more fun. Bourbon is the best because it tastes better and makes you happier. A lot less calories than beer too
>>
This was me in high school. Luckily it only comes and goes now. If it was persistent I'd probably be homeless.
>>
>>24452472
I agree. Always was apathetic depressed loser found no joy in anything just wanted to lay in bed all day the only dream i had was one day playing a sax.
And so I did just felt like i had to do something and went all in for it now i have friends and even a qt3.14 gf which finds me so interesting and mysterious kek
And it was a very difficult journey mind i add...i was 23 at that time with no musical background.
>>
>>24455412
Also, I should probably mention that I ended the most recent depression wave with weed. One day I just went down to my garage, smoked a little weed and thought my way out of depression. Next day I was fine again.
>>
>>24451051
That's half of it, forcing yourself to do something you don't want to do might make the things you actually want to do seem more fun
>>
>>24451051

You remind me of me and it will ruin your life if already haven't. Hopefully you still have time for adderall/ritalin, friend.
>>
File: mmmmmmmmmm.jpg (7 KB, 250x228) Image search: [Google]
mmmmmmmmmm.jpg
7 KB, 250x228
>>24450903
if you don't want to actually work or better yourself a legit option is just take a quick walk. Disregard the weather and just walk. Observe the beauty around you, even if it isn't evident right away. If you live in a rural area, admire the nature. Wonder at how peaceful and cyclical it is. Nature is just a cyclical process of self-perpetuation that has occurred for an unimaginably long time.
If you live in an urban area, just look at the happy people around you. Look at the buildings, and consider how far the human race has come, and how YOU are a part of it. All of the generations of innovation and technological advancements was done FOR YOU.

As you walk, look for the nearest suspension bridge and peer into the horizon. What do you see? Does it answer your questions? If not, look to the bottom and, without hesitation, jump off of it. All you will feel is peace. If it isn't that high, make sure you land in such a way that you will break your neck upon impact. So peaceful. Such a nice feeling, the feeling of nothing.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.