[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I find a concrete hobby, robots? I get into something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: arqxvr5.jpg (76 KB, 698x507) Image search: [Google]
arqxvr5.jpg
76 KB, 698x507
How do I find a concrete hobby, robots?

I get into something new and really get involved, then I burn myself out and move on to something else real quick. I can't git gud at anything because my attention span is fucking atrocious and I get bored way too easily.
>>
You could get into electrical hobbyist stuff. It's a little expensive up front because you start getting things, then realize you need more or want to try something else. It's not glamorous, but you can do something practical. I think the first thing I soldered "officially" was a USB development board kit I got for $20. K8055, has a bunch of analog and digital outputs if you want to test programming things. I've tried making some microphone pre-amps but they didn't turn out well for some reason. I've finally gotten used to breadboards, now I have a bunch of them and already soldered a voltage-controlled PWM, I plan to use it so I can control the brightness of an LED lamp from a digital source. I am a third-year Electric Engineer though so this stuff is basically my fetish.
>>
Get into something that takes more time and effort, like sewing or wood work. If I had the ability, I'd be a retro-tech artist.
>>
don't fall for the hobby meme
>>
it depends- are you depressed, getting help?

- i got chronic depression and my interests come and go. the more i get into things the greater the chance for total burnout. finally cleaned up a project last night was on my bench since may
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>24448492
pls

>>24448517
I don't think I am depressed, but the depression is such a hard thing to define. I'm generally okay with life and don't feel down all the time I guess.

I just feel super aimless at the moment and I'm searching for something to fill up my time but nothing is sticking.

>>24448473
>>24448486
These sound pretty interesting, and I suppose the money factor will force me to apply more time and effort into it if anything.
>>
>>24448578
if you dont have much (or any) money just start small, also easier to get out of or less invested if you bail-
what are your skills?
>>
>>24448430
Sculpting? Maybe something DIY related
>>
getting exercise is good-
be miserable sitting still or be miserable burning some calories
>>
>>24448578
The electrical stuff is pretty cheap. I go a bit overboard, but you could get tons of shit for next to nothing. Basic circuit stuff costs like $5 for a ton of assorted things (resistors, capacitors, inductors, breadboards). Some stuff is slightly more expensive, but literally the most expensive part of any circuit I "finished" would be the case or power supply. Chips are usually $1.50 at most, even for pretty nerd-heavy stuff. If you ever get into more complex stuff, you can get dual-trace oscilloscopes (to see signal outputs) for less than $100 these days, easy. In that regard it's not expensive compared other stuff, where you might start out with a guitar, longboard, art kits, etc.
>>
or just get a co-dependent GF. no time for anything after that
>>
>>24448430
I wanted to find a hobby but found that I'm too lazy and don't care bad enough about anything. At the end I'm sitting here and just running my life, I accepted that I can't have interest in anything a while ago. I hope you find something you love, bless you, anon.
>>
>>24448863
>been there done that

No thanks. Co dependency is hell.
>>
>>24448747
I'd like to start this but I'm super intimidated by people in the gym. I can't help but feel like they're looking at me like I don't belong in their company.
>>
>>24448430
Me and my friends made a dirt pit where we wrestle and sometimes full on fight. Working on constructing an actual wooden shed for the same purpose.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.