[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEET MONEY THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: _20151122_065614.jpg (2 MB, 2131x3388) Image search: [Google]
_20151122_065614.jpg
2 MB, 2131x3388
Anyone else NEET af here do odd jobs for money? Tell wat do, and how much you make to supplement your autism check or whatever funds you recieve.
I cut and sell fire wood out on the side of the road. Old guy next to me sells hats. Another disabled guy sits up here and sells honey/pecans. Another guy sells fresh produce.
Where I am now I can make around 500-1000 bucks a day. Not counting my expenses. Sometimes it's hard, sometimes I sit here and do nothing but watch anime and shitposting.
>>
>>24446224
>I can make around 500-1000 bucks a day
>Not counting my expenses
About how much do you make after expenses? Also how about an estimated yearly profit number?

My dad has been recommending for a while that I try gathering/cutting/selling firewood to make some money.

Also I don't mean to "ree" you too much but I don't think you really qualify as a NEET if you have any success at being self-employed.
>>
>>24446741
I don't have any sucess at being self employed. I don't do this all year, just s couple of weeks. After all the expenses, (gas, food, internet, rent, loans) I don't have much left over at the end of the month. As far as profit from this one thing, I might put away 500 a month. So about 1500-2000 dollars yearly, since I only do it for a few weeks. I'm working with one other person and we split everything.
If you are lucky to use the right equipment, splitting and selling wood isn't that hard. I mean the work can be rough if you're a pussy, but its not all bad.
>>
>>24447257
Sounds like a good gig really.

To me the thought of being a wageslave spending the rest of my life working a job I hate seems like a fate worth than death, but my parents have been bothering me more and more about being a NEET. I'd love to be able to make a little money with self-employment just to cover my share of food and such and make my parents happier without having to become a wageslave then end up an hero.

I've tried going to thrift stores, antique stores, flea markets, etc. and buying/fixing/selling things but after ~7 years of doing this I haven't figured out how to make it profitable. Once in a while I can make a profit on something but when fuel costs are factored in from all the times I don't find anything it's just an overall loss of money.
>>
>>24447408
I also do the fixing and reselling thing. Craig's list always has shit people are either giving away or selling cheap/trading. I've never turned down free electronics period
I have quite a few piles of shit like old crt monitors, old Xbox 360s, laptops and pcs laying around. You would be surprised how many people would buy a new laptop if the track pad or keyboard messes up. The laptop I use now is one that had a really bad keyboard. I got it for free and I just disconnected the board and pad and connected it to a wireless keyboard.
Another thing I do this time of year is process game for city guys that like to kill things but don't like getting dirty. I've charged people 10 bucks to skin a rabbit or pluck a bird. And if someone wants a deer or a hog skinned and butchered, ill make a deal with them that usually gets me some meat on top of cash.
You really just have to be open to trying shit. If you've got half a brain you can get along OK.
>>
>>24447408
Theres nothing worse than punching s clock for someone else. It's messed up. I see it all the time. When I have time to kill (which is alot) I'll sit at the local Walmart and use the public WiFi to download anime and movies. I look around there and the employees are miserable. I've seen guys working 40+ hours week and they're still so broke they're wearing shoes that are falling apart. Poor shits live off of McDonalds and subway because they don't have time to cook a meal or they're so tired from work that they can't. These people are not living a good life. I know, I've been there.
>>
NEET means NOT EMPLOYED you redditor faglord

Main source of neet and hikki income is autismbucks, always has been this way and always will be
>>
>>24448208
>Main source of neet and hikki income is autismbucks, always has been this way and always will be
I really have to do disagree here. I think people collecting autismbux are just a vocal minority and the large majority of NEETs are just supported by parents or other family, at least n places like the US where it's difficult to get any sort of disability bux unless you were diagnosed as a child or actually had a job before you got disabled.
>>
>>24446224

Where do you get the timber from?
>>
>>24446224
seems like good money holy shit
>>
I do some odd jobs at my uncle's place.
He owns some gym with a cafe and I just go around there repairing shit for a handful of cash.
Make roughly 50 euros a month, often less when there's nothing to do.
It's a nice little extra but a very unreliable source of income.
I've been saving these extras up a bit so hopefully I can build a new shitty computer that's slightly better than my 7 year old laptop.
>>
>>24446224
I do dump runs for people because I have a truck/trailer. I can get from $60-$250 a run depending if I need a trailer. Gas is like $20 at most, dump fee is $10, rest is profit. I'd only charge $60 if it was like 15min or less of actual loading time and was within 20min of the dump.

I also build patios/walkways and flowerbeds for people (like complete reshaping, putting in proper plants that bloom throughout the year and promote good ph levels in the soil, etc). Last year I made like $8000 off one job, and did about 6 or 7.
>>
NEETs i need advice
I'm an aspie, do i get free money from the gov.?
can i apply for this without human contact?
From UK if thats relevant
>>
>>24451016

Don't think you will get anything, soz to disappoint.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.