[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: Salk_Institute1.jpg (839 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Salk_Institute1.jpg
839 KB, 1600x1200
What american and japanese comics do you read? I want to get into it, where should I start?

I usually lurk /x/ for anything good.
Last most recent book that I had fun reading was John Dies at the End by David Wong.
>>
Hopefully you have a niche.

Maybe some friendly robot will help you with the big names, since /a/ is a shithole the rest of the boards strive to avoid being, but my advice is find what turns your gears then find your manga.

Japan is so much better at reaching out to the individual, since conformity is their way of irl.
>>
That's an amazingly depressing compound. I imagine the architect was going for the "beauty of raw concrete" thing, but there is now way he did not realise what it actually felt like. I wonder if this is intentional, or just a matter of not giving a shit?
>>
Read This Book Is Full Of Spiders by David Wong. Imo its better than JDATE. Has a more linear storyline but its just as fun to read
>>
>>24445804
Tokyo Ghoul is a great manga. Don't bother with the anime. The comic is amazing though, so much character development. It makes me emotional honestly
>>
File: 1447522981095.jpg (135 KB, 935x855) Image search: [Google]
1447522981095.jpg
135 KB, 935x855
>>24445804
>reading comics
>>
>>24445855
>mad he got told off for making shitty rec threads

But anyways OP you might like Oyasumi Punpun for manga, most robots seem to be into it.
>>
I like Invincible. It's published by Image, same writer as Walking Dead.

For manga I like Hajime no Ippo, Rock and Roll Ricky, and Kaiji.

Popular manga that are good, Terra Formars, Shokugeki no Soma.
>>
>>24446402
I also liked

Bio-meat
Gantz
Psyren
Liar Game
Gamble Fish
>>
File: 80-p.jpg (67 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
80-p.jpg
67 KB, 600x350
>>24445858
Louis Kahn was really into this Brutalist movement
>>
File: 1443053863843.png (130 KB, 347x509) Image search: [Google]
1443053863843.png
130 KB, 347x509
>>24446402
>Kaiji
>not the anime
The first part isn't even translated
>>
>>24446401
So why do you rec here and not /a/?

Cause your board is full of faggots and you're one of em.

"We must keep this place pure of newfags"

Jesus Christ go talk about k-on some more.
>>
>>24446458
>So why do you rec here and not /a/?
Because they are not posted everyday with the same shit being posted over and over again like it would be on /a/. People obviously got sick and tired of telling people the same shit every time and no one wants to take the time to learn your specific taste and cater recs to you, the want to actually talk about anime and manga.
>>
>>24446495
>they want to actually talk about anime and manga

: ^ )
>>
>>24446402
>same writer as Walking Dead
I like watching that with my coworkers, I'll check this out

>This Book Is Full Of Spiders by David Wong
I didn't know that one would get a sequel, damn. thanks

>Tokyo Ghoul
>Oyasumi Punpun
>Hajime no Ippo, Rock and Roll Ricky, and Kaiji.
>Terra Formars, Shokugeki no Soma
>Bio-meat
Gantz
Psyren
Liar Game
Gamble Fish

I've already seen Hajime no Ippo as a teen and I'm not really into boxing.

thanks I'll look for those comics now
>>
>>24445858
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutalist_architecture
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.