[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How fucked are ISIS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
They have already angered the big five, France, Russia, USA China and UK. Will they survive robots?
>>
File: 1205188397302.gif (41 KB, 520x392) Image search: [Google]
1205188397302.gif
41 KB, 520x392
>>24444079
They're willing to do what France, USA, and the UK are not. Russia and China are our only hope.
>>
>>24444079
They're being supplied and funded by the US government so they're not that fucked. Until of course they overthrow Assad, then the funding stops.
>>
>>24444079
>>24444145
Russia should do it desu senpai
>>
Pretty fucked I'd say! I don't know what they were thinking taking responsibility for bombing the Russian plane. I mean the French, they'll go home after a month or two. But Putin is an enemy I would not want to make.
>>
File: openyourass.png (231 KB, 565x426) Image search: [Google]
openyourass.png
231 KB, 565x426
Please refer to ISIS/ISIL as 'Daesh'.

Using names like ISIS or ISIL gives legitimacy to a hateful, destructive group. ISIS literally means 'Islamic State of Iraq and Syria'. They are not an Islamic State of anything, and merely calling them that grants credibility that they crave.

They do not speak for Islamic people generally. This group is deeply offensive to the vast majority of Muslims around the world. Here are some examples of their many condemnations

Please refer to them by their more appropriate name: Daesh, which is a literal Arabic acronym for the same group, but is phonemic for another word that means, roughly, 'forceful bigot', which is both justifiably correct, and insulting. As this is a war of ideas, words are very important.

In support of this ideological war, this comment will be posted in any article with a title that mentions 'ISIS' or 'ISIL' without mentioning 'Daesh'.
Thanks, Daesh Daily Reminder.

More information: https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/3t6qvk/eli5_why_is_daesh_offensive_to_isis/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_the_Levant
http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2014/10/09/words-matter-isis-war-use-daesh/V85GYEuasEEJgrUun0dMUP/story.html
https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/3t2ghb/world_leaders_have_taken_to_calling_isis_daesh_a/

>>24444222
nice
>>
it's not even that good of a movie
>>
>>24444079
>angered USA
Top kek my friend
They air drop thousands of tons of weapons to 'moderate rebels' (AKA ISIL affliates)
Their only goal is to destablise the region
>>
>>24444277
l forgot pic, here it is.
>>
they'll survive as long as Gulf Arab oil princes feel like funding them. when they've served their purpose and can't achieve any more, the oil money will flow to a new group, probably even bigger and more extreme than ISIS
>>
>>24444240
they use Islam as justification for everything they do, and can find the Quran verses to back it up. part of the reason these groups thrive is moderate Muslims' inability to accept and deal with the systemic problems in their religion
>>
The trouble is that ISIS (or the caliphate, to counter >>24444240) seems to command a sort of moral authority that few organisations in the world can call upon these days. You have young people from across the world travelling to join them, or carrying out terror attacks in their own countries, fully aware that it will probably cost them their lives. How many westerners, on the other hand, are willing to give their lives for something? We lack the nerve of ISIS, and we hope to make up for it with fancy weapons, but that only goes so far. Especially when the world's largest economy is gifting the same fancy weapons to ISIS.
>>
No, the real war is being waged culturally in the West. All bombings are superficial until people grow a backbone and recognise Islam for the cancer it is.
>>
>>24444240
It's not like they give a shit, they call them Daesh on their tax forms.
>>
>>24444079
>Russia
I thought they were aiding ISIS.
>>
>>24444664

>The only nation to stand up to ISIS
>Aiding ISIS
>>
>>24444676
How are they standing up to ISIS? Last time I checked their air support was doing more damage to the opposition.
>>
>>24444690

The "moderate" Islamists? Come now, you know better than that.
>>
>>24444079
*is
>>
>>24444676
Russia are only interested in helping their friend Assad.
>>
>>24444145
>only hope
what is this shit? are anons in this thread supporters of ISIS?
>>
>>24444709
Nice goalpost moving right there.
>>
>>24444750
I'm jewish so yeah, I love IS
>>
>>24444750
Remember where you are. If their nation comes under the rule of ISIS they might finally be able to fuck a woman.
>>
>>24444277
Are you retarded nigger? They have nothing to do with each other.

Assad = /pol/
ISIS = /r9k/
Rebels = reddit
>>
>>24444240
Well they aren't Presbyterian.
>>
which freedoms are we going to have to sacrifice to beat these guys?

taking bets
>>
>>24444800
when isis takes over the internet we'll have to go outside
>>
>>24444791
is this post saying that /r9k/ is on isis's side?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gulf_War_Did_Not_Take_Place

This is true of those countries' war against IS much more than it was of the gulf war. The bombing is difficult and halfhearted. Stop and think about it for a moment. Remember how France attacked them immediately after the Paris attacks? This could not have been anything but a symbolic gesture in a phony war. In the urgency of a real war those targets would have been destroyed immediately upon detection. They were either identified and saved for a time when the coalition needed to save face or, as many locals alleged, empty buildings.

Every member of the coalition does want to destroy IS but none of them are willing to really commit to the fight.

I don't think IS is terribly fucked. They have staying power in the region because they offer a triumphant narrative for sunni Arabs who have known oppression and emasculation and their brutality is nothing new to the people who have dealt with Assad, Maliki, and the US occupation.

>>24444690
Russia is bombing IS and the opposition. Their mission is not to destroy IS but to support Assad. Who gets bombed by Russia is determined by who poses a threat to the giraffe of Damascus. The (relatively) moderate rebels and IS do fight each other and both are bombed by Russia (and the Syria air force too of course)

>>24444857
ISIS is the real beta uprising.
>>
>>24444800
National registry
>>
You guys know this all this is an elaborate conspiracy to wipe out muslims, right? ISIS is a government funded organization created for the sole purpose of antagonizing sand people. They will never take over Europe and they were never meant to.
>>
>>24444791
rebels?
>>
>>24444924

Yes, I'm sure the millions of refugees will assimilate, secularise, and reduce their birth rates to the European average.
>>
ISIS is just another american funded rebellion to overthrow a dictator. Once Syrian assad is overthrown their funding will stop and they'll start to decay and fight among themselves again.
>>
>>24444938
Yeah it's not like they're projected to be the majority in less than 3 generations, or that whites will be extinct in 200 years
>>
>>24444938
That's beside the point. Most of the refugees come from all over the brown and muslim world and are not fleeing ISIS. Radical islam is probably the best thing that has happened to European nationalists.

>>24444960
ISIS was formed to fight the US occupation of Iraq dummy.
>>
>>24444866
>Remember how France attacked them immediately after the Paris attacks?
Apparently the bombing had already been planned before the Paris attacks, it was more or less coincidental
>>
>>24444800
Two days after the attacks the news over here was showing every European leader claiming we need 'better ways to track down terrorists'. Killing off our last bit of privacy was the first thing on the list.

But it's all for our safety, right :^)
>>
>>24445022
>http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/16/france-launches-massive-airstrike-on-isis-stronghold-in-syria-after-paris-attack
>The French retaliatory strikes were discussed between the French defence minister, Jean-Yves Le Drain, and the US defence secretary, Ash Carter, in phonecalls on Saturday and Sunday.

You must be referring to the fact that the attacks were made with the help of US intelligence in the form of "strike packages". The US hoards intelligence and hands it out on request when someone needs to keep up appearances. If this isn't theater I don't know what is.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.