[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ck/ not responding so ill ask here Need help when it comes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: How-to-Fry-an-Egg-title.jpg (419 KB, 700x515) Image search: [Google]
How-to-Fry-an-Egg-title.jpg
419 KB, 700x515
/ck/ not responding so ill ask here

Need help when it comes to making eggs. I seem to be particularly prone to getting sick from undercooked foods so I want to make sure it's done right, but also tasty.

-Are you supposed to put it on high, put the eggs on the pan, then immediately set it to medium? Or should it just be medium the whole time?
-When making two or more eggs in the same pan, how do you keep them separate? When I make them, the egg whites always combine. I know a lot of people eat them this way, but is there an easy way to make sure they stay as separate eggs?
-If I want them over-easy, at what point do I flip? Does the top of the egg have to look totally done, or should the egg white still look kind of gooey? I don't want to overcook.
-If I want them sunny side-up, at what point do I remove the lid and declare them done? Should the egg yolk be covered by a slight layer of white, or should it be totally uncovered?
-It seems like some people at first crack the eggs into a separate bowl, before putting them in the pan. Why? What's better about this then just making them in the pan?
>>
File: C_U_C_K.jpg (32 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
C_U_C_K.jpg
32 KB, 350x350
>Tfw I've eaten eggs raw for months and never gotten sick

Who /strongimmunesystem/ here?
>>
>>24441122
Just warm up the oil and then put the eggs in. Medium is fine.

Why do you give a fuck if they are separate? They are all going into your stomach. If you are cooking for other people as well just manually separate them when they are done.

As long as the whites and yolks become solid they are cooked.

They crack then in a bowl to make sure they aren't spoiled first before they put them in. Also helps to see if any shell got in.
>>
File: 1437004389593.jpg (122 KB, 664x793) Image search: [Google]
1437004389593.jpg
122 KB, 664x793
>over-easy
>sunny side-up
Holy shit, I don't even know what these mean. Eggs were my main source of protein when I was in college.

You put the pan on the thing, you spray that shit on it so you're not scrubbing later, and then you spill the eggs on it. You wait until they're a little brown and then you put it on bread with some mayo. If it's not tasty you put more mayo.

Are you trying to be a chef? This is not the place, nor the time, nor the spacetime.
>>
>>24441122

You're honestly beyond help.
>>
Just scramble them. Pepper, milk, that's it.
>>
>>24441122
You had plenty of responses on /ck/, learn to Google faggot
>>
>>24441122
Please consider suicide
>>
>>24441671
Mayo? Why? A little butter and a slice or two of cheese with the bread it perfect.
>>
>>24442037
almost puked reading this
>>
>>24442133
An egg and cheese sandwich makes you feel ill? Sometimes I put some slices of deli meat in as well (roast beef or turkey usually).
>>
>>24442037

>not eating your eggs with just eggs

JUST
>>
medium the whole way throuhg, if you put stovenon high it will burn the outside while the inside is not cooked.
>>
>>24441141
This tbhwu. Raw eggs are good.
>>
>>24441671
how the fuck do you not know what sunny side up means? are you retarded?
>>
>>24442212
Not him, but I don't know wtf it means either. I'm assuming it's what OP's egg pic is. I always cook my eggs scrambled, other forms just bug me.
>>
I just hard boil eggs the night before and eat them when I wake up
>>
>>24441122

Boiled egg master race, reporting in......sound off on how many
>>
>>24441141

Used to do this, mixed them with sugar though to fix the taste but now thinking sour and salty spicings might be more paleo and just as tasty.
>>
pour em into a bowl, beat em up, pour em into top ramen
>>
>>24442241

It's americanese for fried eggs.
>>
>>24441122
I was going to attempt to verbally abuse you until I saw your trips double dubs

just buy pasteurized eggs anon, you can eat them raw if you want, they're pasteurized
>>
If you are dedicated then you will go out tomorrow and buy 40 eggs and some egg rings and practice.
>>
>>24442308
Then why don't people call them fried eggs?
>>
>>24442441
Because it's a specific kind of fried egg. It means that the yolk is facing up.
>>
/r9k/ at its finest
>>24441671
>>24441713
>>24441825
>>24441968

>bu-hu nobody likes me
>tfw no gf

I wonder why
>>
alright.
>get some butter or oil spray.
>get your eggs ready
>get salt and pepper (yes you faggot)
>it's time to oil up
>put on medium-high, crack eggs and throw that shit in separate sides of the pan
>scrape and separate egg whites while it cooks before it solidifies and fuses
>let it fry halfway to where there's about 1/3rd or 1/2 amount of eggwhite left
>put lid on if you wanna go that route, or alternatively:
>flip that shit
>wait until you see light-yellow starting to form on the sides of the yolk, tap the sides lightly to test firmness
>remove, salt and pepper

If you use a lid though I suggest turning it to medium so it cooks slower and is easiest way to not fuck up

>serve with buttered slices of toast or jam OR ontop of a bagel with cheese+creamcheese and jam if you're feeling fancy.

I recommend "everything" bagels for this.

also neat tip:
putting torn up pieces of everything bagels or bread with light amounts of olive oil and pepper in a small bowl, mixing and tossing into the toaster oven makes pretty tasty homemade croutons
>>
>>24443236
>>24441122
meant to reply to the OP, whoops.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.