[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /losing weight/ here? I just want to stop being a hamplanet.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 600x700
Who /losing weight/ here?

I just want to stop being a hamplanet. Being fat my entire life has destroyed my self worth and made me learn to never trust others. If a qt were to walk up to me RIGHT NOW and offer to Take my virginity, I honestly would run away. I am repulsed by the thought of someome else seeing me without clothes on.

Why is dieting so hard? Been restricting calories and working out for about 6 months, down 40 lbs. I still think about wanting to just shove my face full of food every single day, and this causes me to slip on my diet at times. Still got 30-40lbs to go.

Tell me your struggle, /r9k/.
>>
>>24438436
Glad you're making progress anon, hope you can get rid of the rest of that weight.

>If a qt were to walk up to me RIGHT NOW and offer to Take my virginity, I honestly would run away. I am repulsed by the thought of someome else seeing me without clothes on.
I'm in the same boat. We're all gonna make it anon. Soon enough I'll achieve skinny twinky fuccboi mode.
>>
>>24438436
How much do you weigh? Any progress pics?
I'm down 50 lbs since starting sometime in summer, we're gonna make it anon
>>
Try the ketogenic diet. It actually works, there's still a lot of great food that you can eat (I eat a ton of meat anyway so keto was perfect), and you can lose weight pretty rapidly. I lost probably about 60 pounds in 8 months and felt pretty satiated most of the time.
>>
I've battled being overweight all of my teens and early 20s. I did Herbalife and went from 306 to 240lbs. Three years later I was at about 270lbs. Right now, I'm steady losing weight by completely cutting out yeast, soda and any kind of candy. Eight pounds so far.
>>
>>24438741
I would not recommend an animal protein-based diet. Nor do I recommend strict vegetarianism. Just, whatever is halfway between the two + a little paleo + conditioning your body to *want* to burn energy instead of store it for the happening. Why do you think so much tv revolves around the post apocalypse? We caught the proverbial carrot on a stick, now it's time to be the feast.

We'll be formless blobs in another couple of million years if we even get that far and since we definitely won't get our shit together to colonize space why not just draw dicks all over the moon and eat cheetos?
>>
>ate an entire domino's stuffed crust by myself

Not the end of the world as I've been doing really well with my diet recently, damn if I don't feel guilty though
>>
>>24438880
Paleo and keto are almost identical.
>>
>>24438436
80lbs after 8 months, another 80lbs to go.
>>
>>24438944
Guilt is good, punish yourself for it with exercise
>>
>>24439535
Well done anon

>tfw trying to lose just 10kg is hard
>>
I find standing in front of a mirror naked and feeling disgusted with myself helps keep me on track.

There's that mri pic of the obese woman and you can see the fat and the skeleton. That helps too.

Gotta keep motivated.
>>
>went from 450 down to 360
>felt great
>gained a shitload of muscle as well
>house burned down
>fell into a depression
>stopped going to gym 5 nights a week
>started eating like shit again
>still at 365 but a lot of muscle has been lost and fat has replaced it
>feel like shit
>have tried to start going to the gym again but only get 2 days in before i say fuck it
>next week for sure - i keep telling myself.
>>
>>24438436
>tfw no persona 5 this year
>>
>>24438436
lost 5lb, 70lb to go... 200 protein, 150 carbs, 100 fats

3 days a week strength training and 2 days of circuit training.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 374x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 374x354
>>24438436
>mfw my metabilism is too fast for me to gain weight anymore
>mfw 6'4" and 165lbs
>>
>>24438736
Was around 300 at my heaviest, 6'3". Currently 220, but only took the weight loss seriously at about 260. I took a picture at 265, but honestly, I can't see a difference from then and now. So I figured I'd wait a bit longer to do a progress pic type deal.
>>
>>24438436
>run
good one hammy
>>
>>24438436
Fellow hamplanet here. Good job, anon. Don't give up. I wish I had the capabilities to stick to a plan. Hopefully you can shed the lard and crush some cooch. Best of luck to ya.
>>
File: fatbromotivation.png (284 KB, 731x2812) Image search: [Google]
fatbromotivation.png
284 KB, 731x2812
>>24438436
[Spoiler] have been muted for 2 second[/Spoiler]
>>
>>24442054
at least you lucked out on the height lottery. I always heard it's a bit easier to lose weight through diet the taller you are but, it's a bit harder to put on form filling muscles. Is that a load of shit?
>>
File: 1447584786237.png (591 KB, 756x700) Image search: [Google]
1447584786237.png
591 KB, 756x700
>>24442126
Sounds like my life
>>
>>24442196
I wouldn't say it's a load of shit. I feel like my chest is way smaller than what it should be. Been working it more lately, but damn. I see dudes with mountains between their shoulders and think how the fuck. Not to mention my torso is longer than my legs, by some ungodly genetic sense of humor, so I think it may be impossible to fully fill out my chest.

I'll just have to keep working at it and see what it looks like after I lose the rest of the fat.
>>
550lb here bros. Been night walking, avoiding gluten and carbs. Dieting is easy but my left ankle is killing me ( old football injury ). Any tips for that?
>>
Ur gonna make it anon. I was once a "real men like curves" girl and I've pretty much made it. Well, not really, but I'm getting there.
40 lbs is a real accomplishment, and you should feel proud. Instead of being hyper vigilant in your dieting, trying giving yourself one day a week where you allow yourself to overeat by 600 calories. The variation in the caloric intake will make sure that your metabolism doesn't slow down and become accostomed to a super low amount of calories, while also allowing you to live your life and have a burg or a shake every once in a while.
God speed anon.
>>
>>24438436
Starting to. I go swimming and plan on lifting some weights at home.

Relapsed tonight with an extra meal than usual because I was drunk, but fuck it. Won't stop me.
>>
>>24439012
But, not. One is pure animal fat, one is no processed food. When you wanna look like a beautful bird we don't need your meat science.
>>
I'm in a weird situation. I'm underweight, except all the weight I do have is on my stomach. My arms, legs, and face are skinny as fuck.. but I look several months pregnant. When I try to lose weight my arms, legs, and face become even skinnier and it looks disgusting, while my stomach remaining bulgingly fat. Even my chest is starting to gain fat leading to small manboobs.

I'm a monster.
>>
>>24442582
>lifting some weights at home.

Lifting does literally nothing to lose weight. Quit listening to /fit/ m8, do you think they give a shit about you lardasses? They're the chads in HS laughing at you multiplied by hundreds. Your bouncing blubber is their entertainment. Stick to swimming though.

>>24442616
>but I look several months pregnant.

Beer or soda addict, which is it?
>>
can you americans stop using these retarded ancient measurements? what the fuck is an "lbs"? use the fucking metric system
>>
File: 1315368752404.jpg (49 KB, 369x369) Image search: [Google]
1315368752404.jpg
49 KB, 369x369
>>24442126

I won't lie, I actually fucking teared up reading this. I'm not fat personally, but that kind of dedication is beautiful no matter who you are. I always feel sorry for fat people because they're all stuck in that shitty cycle, and if they want to make things better it's such a tough road out.
>>
>>24442675
Neither, though I drank soda a lot when I was younger
>>
>tfw lost like 80 pounds and hate myself more than I ever did before
>>
>>24442675
Not sure about that. I mean I know that muscle *is* weight, but wouldn't lifting at least burn some fat/calories? Heard a lot of good things about it, and not just from the /fit/ Chads.
>>
>>24442770
Pic of your stomach? I mayve seen a medical documentary on this.
>>
>>24442811
Stop .-.

How do I fix it?
>>
>>24438436
>tfw I need to gain 35-40 lbs of muscle to look like a human and not a skeleton
>>
>end of summer
>realize I've put on weight over the past year
>not a huge amount, but I do notice the difference
>not really happy with it
>start working on it
>basic outline shit
>drop 5 pounds over sept
>go into oct, more emphasis on attention to calories
>reducing and eliminating unhelpful calories
>especially beer
>rip
>lose 5 more pounds
>get fucked halloween
>nov
>hitting a little wall
>get one good day at work
>6 hr shift preparing for an event
>it is all lifting
>lifting for 3 hours
>lunch
>lift for three more
>pushes me past my wall
>already lost 5 more pounds so far
I hit my below 175 by thanksgiving goal. It's not a huge thing compared to some of you guys, and I don't want to make you feel ousted, but I've never been a dieting health nut type. So all of this is kind of new to me, and I'm happy with this consistent success.
I hope you guys keep on, too.
>>
>>24442807
>/fit/ Chads
Just how pathetic do you have to be when you refer to /fit/ posters as Chad?
>>
I'm 30 and I recently lost 20kg with 10kg more to go to a normal bmi. My skin however is still totally disgusting. Is there anything I can do? Will it get better?
>>
>>24442807
It's only good if you're already /fit/ to do shit. You need leg exercises and strength conditioning of the ankles/spine to help lose weight.
>>
Losing weight can make you healthier, but it sure doesn't help for shit to improve your social live or mental state. Trust me, been there.

Exercising can help you to cope with depression tho.
>>
>friend is 340
>rides a tricycle and diets to 290
>he's back up to 318
I wish he would get to lifting.

>tfw depression
>tfw shit joints and terrible lungs
Every time I try to exercise my body just gives up. I literally hate shoveling even a small driveway because any time I do it my body goes crazy. Afterwards I just lie in bed for like two hours just to make the feeling of wanting to die lessen.

I have woken up in the middle of the night crying because my hip joints get fucked up if I do lifting over like 50lbs.
>>
>>24442865
Whatever you wanna call them. Calm down. /fit/ normies, is that better?

>>24442880
Well I'll do some research and ask around, but thanks for the input. Anyway I know I'll stick to swimming so there's that.
>>
>>24442836
Post pic you nig, im serious.

>>24442879
Loose skin can be surgically removed or is it acne?
>>
>>24442925
Hold on I'll find a good link for you.
>>
It's been 2 months and I lost 5 kgs. I realized I lose weight 2 times faster when I regularly do exercises. Most of the time I just sit in the bed all day. I still lose weight but slower compared to the times I exercise. I don't even count calories anymore. I eat very little carbs and I keep losing weight. It is that easy.
>>
>>24442925
This has helped me

boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=638661
>>
>>24442126
This is movie material right here
>>
>>24442857
Nice work. Lifting yourself through the wall is pretty cool.

>>24442879
I think it's about genetics, age, and how fast you lose the weight. From what I've researched, the biggest factor is losing the weight slowly enough for your skin to adjust with the loss of fat. Otherwise, you'll have to wait and see if it will rebound.
>>
Being fat its literally the worst thing that can everyone happens, even other fats hates themselves
>>
>>24442938
No one else is posting pics
>>
>>24442988
Alright, I'll look into it. Cheers.
>>
>>24443017
I can't fucking help if i don't see it

Were you the kid doctors had to mangle?
>>
>>24442938
Cellulite, my skin is pasty and disgusting.
>>
>>24443056
Mangle?
>>
>>24438436
I'm not struggling at all with losing weight and learning to eat like a proper human being, but I am struggling with the fact I'll always be hideous whether I lose weight or not because of how fat I had become before actually wanting to try living.
I've lost 117 lbs and need to lose 68-88 lbs more.
>>
>>24443076
Fug. Lotion up son. Get more vitamin C too.
>>
>>24443152
You know. Nurses hold you down before the rubber snaps.

>>24443157
How fact were you before
>>
>>24443200
No, now tell me how I lose bellyfat.
>>
File: 1427953540302.png (299 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1427953540302.png
299 KB, 800x800
>>24438436
I want to lose some weight, but every time I go over to my buddy's house I always end up eating a lot of junk food and drinking a lot of soda.
I really respect your progress, I'm not overweight or anything, I'd just like to be in a bit better shape and not have so much bellyfat. I'm thinking maybe 15-25 pounds would do it for me.

>>24441283
One of a few good reasons to live.
>>
>>24443200
I'm not sure since I didn't have a scale at the time, so I just guessed 355 lbs. It could have been ten or so pounds more.
>>
>>24443258
Abdominal workouts and jogging.

Check with a doctor about your intestines and insulin.
>>
>>24443258
Read the /fit/ sticky.
There's no way to target bodyfat with exercises.
You can get fat surgically removed though.
>>
>>24442988
Just finished it. Pretty good read. I'll give a TL;DR for anyone else that's interested:

>Guy weighs 380 at 17
>Guy works out every day
>Guy eats Ketogenic diet, but doesn't know it
>Guy loses 200 lbs in 9 months
>Guy dislikes society for treating him better as a fit person
>Guy slowly regains weight until he's 30 and wants to go do it all over again

Long TL;DR, but it's a long post.
>>
I know it's just another worthless comment in a sea of comments but eat this

Breakfast - Multigrain Toast and 2 boiled eggs.

Lunch - Chicken/Steak and Brown Rice

Dinner - Chicken/Steak and Salad.

It sucks absolute dick but low carb diets are how you actually lose weight.

Down 20kgs since I finished Uni and aiming for another 20 to go to go down to 100kg.
>>
>>24443327
I don't have insurance

>>24443330
Oh
>>
I went from 248 to 183 (so far). When I look at myself I barely see any difference at all. If it wasn't for the fact that some of my clothes straight up fall off, I probably would've given up. I'm hungry all the time, it's awful. Even now I want to go stuff my face so badly.
>>
File: 1415100361482.jpg (23 KB, 645x778) Image search: [Google]
1415100361482.jpg
23 KB, 645x778
>enjoy exercising and working out
>lack the discipline to fix my diet because other than video games and my dog, the biggest joy in my life is eating a lot of unhealthy food
>build some muscle and stamina but still pretty fat

Guess I'll just be fat forever, then
>>
Hunger is literally fat leaving the body. I lost over 50kg on sub-800 restriction alone. Just give up the idea of three full meals a day for about five months and you'll make it.
>>
To you all actively trying to lose weight. You guys are awesome and inspiration to me in my own less admirable struggles.

Keep up the good work, and you will make it. Probably not in the classical sense of the word, but you will see.
>>
>Feel like shit halfway through September
>Try to work out at home
>Literally incapable of doing push-ups
>Just barely manage to stay in the push-up position
>Do a single push up with gargantuan effort, feels like my arms are gonna break like twigs, I almost faint.
>Working out ever since but no diet
>It's november now and I can do 15 push ups before I get tired

Feels good.
Not much luck on actually getting my appearance into shape, though. My upper half is skinny as fuck and all my fat is concentrated in a beer belly and fat hips. I guess I don't have moobs anymore, which is nice.
>>
>>24438436

Good luck man. You can do it.
>>
>>24443829
>I guess I don't have moobs anymore

>tfw I have actual gyno and had moobs at 21 BMI and with regular exercise
It's pretty depressing when you were bullied for it your whole primary school life desu
>>
>tfw pasty ass body

bout 5'10 / 170, have a small amount of muscle covered up by stubborn body fat. Try to eat around 1600cal a day and dunno if I should eat less
>>
how do I stay motivated lads
I still live with my parents who buy shit food
I try my hardest but I can't help myself
>>
>>24444076
count calories like a hawk, stick to water / milk and other unsweetended drinks. Go to 1 of them websites that calculates how many calories you should eat a day based on your info and eat like 500 less
>>
>>24444128
thanks bro I'll keep trying
>>
>>24444179
might sound a bit sadist but try taking some joy in the fact that when you're really hungry and your body is screaming at you to stuff your face, it's actually a good thing. Could use some backup on this but even when you go on a diet like that, whatever amount of calories you are eating you'd want to pack as much protein in as possible so you don't fuck over whatever muscle you have. I went from 220 to 130lbs and wrekt too much of my muscle reserves
>>
Science says 24.0 BMI is the most "conventionally attractive" for human males, so my goal has been getting down to there. I'm an overweight fuck so there's no harm in trying anyway.

Lost 10 lbs since the end of September through running, lifting and just cutting out stupid food. Should hit my target in 4-5 months. Sharper jawline gains have been the best part so far.
>>
use nicotine (gum, vape), it will suppress your appetite.
add a few basic exercises (push ups, squats, dips).
eat less (the nicotine will help with hunger and binge eating) - fruits for breakfast (i have 2 bananas), no lunch and whatever you want for dinner (exercise some portion control and have less meat and more veg but that's it really).

been living like this for 2 months and i've lost 17lbs (182 to 165). still planning to loss more but doesn't seem like a effort or anything - each time i weigh myself i've lost more weight and have to make another hole in my belt (lost 4 inches around my waist).
>>
File: 1364925774333.jpg (146 KB, 640x505) Image search: [Google]
1364925774333.jpg
146 KB, 640x505
>>24444558
>no lunch
Skipping lunch can be rather detrimental for your motivation if are used to eating a fuck ton of food daily though. Much rather eat small meals (count calories though) like five times a day instead so you can think "oh ok, need to 90 minutes before I can eat, I'll watch some anime" instead of feeling hunger for five hours.

Feel free if you have the motivation though.
>>
File: 1371900301768.jpg (196 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1371900301768.jpg
196 KB, 768x1024
Who here /stretching/?

I used to exercise a lot some years back when I was losing weight, lost around 80lbs back then, and I never really got any particular feeling of pleasure or euphoria after a workout, even after lifting weights.

Stretching, however, makes me feel good every time even though I only need to spend like 10 minutes doing it (large muscles like hamstrings, quads and back mainly). Back when I was exercising more I used to do these long sessions during my rest days that incorporated regular stretching, some asanas from yoga and meditation with some music I liked into a 2-3 hour session a few times a week.

Now I got fat again this year because didn't give a shit and trying to lose weight again. Retained a lot of the mobility I gained from those stretching sessions though, so that's good.
>>
I have been trying to lose weight by first fixing my diet, but i fall into the problem of driving down to get fast food at midnight. After i fix that i will work on the exercise part.

The good thing is, i haven't put on weight at all i think due to the job i do 5 days a week being quite physical.

I don't know how to stop not going to get fast food at midnight. Although lately i have been trying to avoid food with high content of sugar. I also only drink water except when i get fast food or the occasional weekend where i drink alcohol
>>
File: 1420418995214.png (533 KB, 567x599) Image search: [Google]
1420418995214.png
533 KB, 567x599
I managed to lose 250lbs, I have so much excess skin I look just as disgusting as when I was fat.
>>
Who /involuntarily losing weight/ here? Lost like 25lbs in 3 months because I moved out and daddy isn't buying any more potato chips for me.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.