[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
talk me down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: 1446513694409.png (100 KB, 1034x775) Image search: [Google]
1446513694409.png
100 KB, 1034x775
talk me down
>>
Hanging yourself takes too much effort man, sleeping is like so much better and stuff why not do that
>>
>>24438146
Just drop
>>
>>24438146
Well, it's bad too give up so easily, don't let them win.
>>
nothing matters anyway man
>>
>>24438146
StarWars is coming.
>>
It hurts so badly, I think jumping in front of a train would be easier
>>
File: 123045290467.jpg (36 KB, 350x244) Image search: [Google]
123045290467.jpg
36 KB, 350x244
I'm not good with words. Maybe this image will help cheer you up! =)
>>
Your thoughts, your feelings, all of this is an illusion. They have no substance, you can just chose to ignore them. Might as well stay alive, see what happens. You're going to die one day anyway.
>>
>>24438367
my sister's suicide, my alcoholism, and the fact that my friends don't give a shit about me are not an illusion.
>>
>>24438367
>Your thoughts, your feelings, all of this is an illusion.

This is the vilest piece of manipulation ever to be disguised as advice.

>'I have a problem, namely...'
>'Oh, no, you don't. Your problem is an illusion and doesn't even exist. It's not real. Now, now, no need to thank me.'

The definition of escapism.
>>
>>24438399
Your feelings about it are.
So what if you're miserable? At least you get to experience something.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 KB, 125x91) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 KB, 125x91
>>24438419
Yea they used to think that slaves werent conscious.. thats kind of scary senpai
>>
>>24438146
Too much work, do it later.
>>
>>24438399
Your sister would want you to live. If you have the social skills to maintain nominal friendships, you can form new ones. Go to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, they're just as inspirational as they're depicted in media.
>>
Talk yourself down, pussy.
>uhhheehhh tell me why I shouldn't kill myself waah gib me attention pls
Quit attention whoring and go do some crazy shit.
>>
>>24438399
>>24438419 here. Good thinking, or rather, feeling, OP, but you need to understand exactly the Buddhist manipulation of >>24438367. He's going to imply, 'you can change your priorities so that you don't feel bad about your problems'. Sure, you can, or rather, this may happen; but I for one would rather kill myself than accept the shit things about me, they are just so shitty. I just don't want to see the world with my flaws in it. This is fine. If I can't fix them, I at least don't want to force the word to witness them. >>24438367 is basically using the most nihilistic terms possible to implant in you the feeling that whatever concerns you, such as your family problems, is not important. His choice of the word 'illusion' has absolutely no significance except for the strong negation value. It's purely linguistic; he could have just as well said that your thoughts are a 'disease' or a 'pollution' or a 'fog' if only those words packed more of a punch in terms to producing disdain towards them in you. Your impressions are not 'unreal' in any sense at all. This is just Buddhist sophistry. Buddhists declare as 'illusion' or 'delusion' anything they don't want you to think.
>>
>>24438575
fuck yourself buddy
>>
>>24438289
Isn't that easier to mess up than it sounds?

If you jump wrong you could just end up losing your arms or legs.

>>24438419
>>24438590
>roastie detected

Were you raped by a Buddhist or something? Ignoring negative feelings does work.
>>
File: o-SHIA-LABEOUF-facebook.jpg (65 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-SHIA-LABEOUF-facebook.jpg
65 KB, 2000x1000
>>24438146
no baka desu senpai
>>
>>24438266
>StarWars is coming.

yes, don't you want to watch the nigger jedi impregnate the white heroine while the evil white male baddie looks on, goy? I mean guy?
>>
I won't talk you down OP. Just get fucked up on drugs. If you still want to do it, do it. If you can calm down and just ride it out, do that.
>>
>>24438690
Well you could mess up very badly of course but theres no reason why you should. Some girl by me forgot to put her head on the tracks and thats where they all go wrong....

If you have your neck on the tracks you will die period
>>
How did your sister kill herself, anon? Looking for good methods.

Can't really talk you down tbqh. Wish I could offer some encouraging words.

maybe these

>"This place is a dream. Only a sleeper considers it real. Then death comes like dawn, and you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief."

- Rumi
>>
>>24438690
>Ignoring negative feelings does work.

Only within the narrow realm your cowardly evasion of your problems leaves, the way avoiding solving your educational and vocational problems works in the sense that you can choose this or that charity to get help from as a homeless person.
>>
>>24438146
If I cut that rope will you die?
>>
>>24438773
Good methods are inert gas inhalation (make sure your gas isn't adulterated with oxygen), CNS depressant overdose only if you really know what you're doing (good enough for the clinics in Switzerland, good enough for you), or good old fashioned shotgun to the head.
>>
>>24438773
hanged herself
i guess that's how i'll do it. cut off my father's shitty line with the same method.
>>
>>24438266
He said talk him down, not give him a reason to go through with it, you normie.
>>
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul
>>
>>24438784
Oh, and >inb4 'it's possible to get rid of the negative feelings without getting rid of motivation to solve the problems provoking them'.

This works well enough on paper on Buddhist self-help books, but it just doesn't happen in reality.
>>
>>24438850
He said talk him down, not give him a reason to go through with it by reminding him that there are normalfags out there who write such pretentious, impotent verse as that.
>>
>>24438885
>invictus
>impotent

that verse has gotten me through many a trouble in my life

It is the best inspiration I have to offer
>>
>>24438901
Well, I'm genuinely sorry to sy that, but the only effect such poems have on suicidal people is 'wow, the person who wrote that either doesn't know how circumstances can break a person, or does, but decides to withhold it'.
>>
>>24438956
Or, at best/worst (?), they'll say 'wow, I'm envious'.
>>
>>24438956
You can't go through life as a broken person. It just doesn't work out.

Facing your problems with all you have is the only way out.
>>
>>24439002
This is the inevitable point of the deviation between a normalfag and a robot.

The normalfag will say, 'No matter you problems, YOU can/must/... overcome them.'.

The robot will think, 'No matter the amount of normalfag's exhortations that I can and I must and this and that, such exhortations only have limited potency to motivate my brain.'

The normalfag's approach is cowardly, first because it keeps people from quantifying the amount of motivation needed for permanent change, and then because it is limited to provoking the limited resources of the motivated person's brain, which will obviously deplete soon, rather than providing medical or otherwise specific solutions such as trying to guess what hobbies or kinds of people they might enjoy.
>>
>>24439125
In other words, normalfag's 'you just need to try harder' is like trying to rekindle a damp match in the rain, while the robot's is to think of flammable gases, or an electric spark, or drying the environment...
>>
>>24439125
>>24439171
This corresponds to religion vs science, if you all haven't noticed. (Sage.)
>>
>>24438838

Thanks anon. I was hoping that was it - it sounds more and more like a reliable method. I'm probably going to do it that way, too. Gonna tie a rope to a doorknob, throw it over the top of the door, and do a short drop hanging.

Apparently, if you do it right, you pass out in seconds from loss of blood pressure in the brain. Have to be careful, though, because your body will thrash in its death throes - you have to be sure the rope is secure.

Good luck brother. Hope there's no other side, but if there is, maybe I'll see you there.
>>
Life is all about the hunt anon. Are you satisfied with your winnings? Don't die until you are.
>>
>>24438146
you weak-willed attention-whoring selfish faggot.
i you you to actually kill yourself you wouldn't be writing about it, you would probably drown yourself in river/lake/ocean, of jump of the cliff. a be another person that "mysteriously dissappered".
Oh. and you CO is more economical tham Helium if you want to asphyxiate yourself.
>>
>>24438592
Does it hurt when someone is honest, senpai?
Does it bother you when someone doesn't suck your dick and beg you to live because they pretend to care?
If someone wants to die they'll do it. People who just say "i wanna die but talk me out of it" are just looking for attention and sympathy. The ones who want to do it hardly ever discuss it.

tl;dr - don't be a pussy
>>
>>24441950
this meme again?

>HURRDURR FUCKING ROBOT GET MUTED FAGGOT
>>
>>24438146
We should hang sometime
>>
File: SPLAT.jpg (569 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SPLAT.jpg
569 KB, 1920x1080
>>24438146

Don't do that, jump off of this instead! The view will be spectacular on the way down. But better hurry because a bunch of do-gooder faggots want to put a fence up next year.
>>
>>24438399
OP, can you at least wait? Take a break from everything for a month. Give yourself some time to get over your sister being dead, and you probably won't want to do this anymore..

Friends are what you make of them. Most of the time, they are casual but now and then you find ones who reaaaally love you. If I can find one you can.

Give the alcohol and the suicide planning a great. Do something you like today, and take your mind off of things.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.