[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw too intelligent to be a normie but too dumb to do something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9
File: 1443820104333.jpg (101 KB, 576x635) Image search: [Google]
1443820104333.jpg
101 KB, 576x635
>tfw too intelligent to be a normie but too dumb to do something great
>>
>>24437287
Are you me?

Here's some meaningless content so as to not be you know what....
>>
File: 1444003395197.jpg (139 KB, 1024x748) Image search: [Google]
1444003395197.jpg
139 KB, 1024x748
How did you determine your higher intelligence?

I'm curious to know.
>>
>>24439468
By being smart.
>>
>>24439468
I frequent reddit and have lengthy discussions with fellow redditors about being slaves to women
>>
File: 20151122_024134.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151122_024134.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>24439468
only idiots post here don't be fooled
>>
>>24439468
Not him, heck no even a robot. You can define intelligence very broadly, some people will determine their intelligence on there success in life, so will determine it on their memory and memory and vocabulary. I determine it on complicated pattern recognition, ability to critically analyze and compose unique works as well while having a working memory well enough to recall it with out a great deal of trouble
>>
File: Abstract Feel.jpg (56 KB, 636x640) Image search: [Google]
Abstract Feel.jpg
56 KB, 636x640
>>24437287
I kind of know that feel, but my mild narcissism makes me believe I might actually do something noteworthy one day.
>>
>>24439468
Not op, but I'm a person who others regularly describe as intelligent. When I look at the world, I don't see myself as smart. It just baffles me when I see how dumb other people truly are. I feel like everyone should be on my level, but for some reason they're all still acting like a bunch of dumb animals.

It's like looking at dogs. Sure there's some cool stuff they're good at (that I'm completely incapable of doing in the slightest), but there's just this natural sense of intellectual superiority. I honestly don't know how to describe it. There's just always been a disconnect between me and "average" people.
>>
>>24439468

Not OP. I still don't see how I'm smarter than anyone else, but I've always had a knack for reading and writing comprehension. I'm able to internalize written information better than others, and apparently according to society that makes me more intelligent than others.

Does it truly though? I don't think so. Sure, I can write some fine prose, but one who's illiterate can be a master mechanic or something. You can't really judge a fishes ability by telling it to climb a tree.

On a side note, I secretly wish to be alone from everyone and just write and enjoy the simplicities of life, yet I'm not smart enough to achieve this goal. Instead here I am day after day working so someone can enjoy such freedom.
>>
File: 1431374152926.jpg (110 KB, 670x424) Image search: [Google]
1431374152926.jpg
110 KB, 670x424
>>24439899
>here I am day after day working so someone can enjoy such freedom
Thanks wagie. You're tax dollars are hard at work.
>>
File: dumpepe.png (42 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
dumpepe.png
42 KB, 240x232
>>24439529
That's quite a retarded generalization. The claim is kind of its own evidence.
>>
File: 1427622489016.gif (228 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1427622489016.gif
228 KB, 500x333
>>24439818
The disconnect used to fuck with me hard. I felt as if I could never form a meaningful romantic relationship because I would still be alone in company. I've since pulled my head out of my ads but it's more cynicism and absurdist than anything.
>>
>>24439818
What's kinda worse than just being intelligent, is being from an intelligent family. I didn't know them growing up, but my half-aunt and grandfather were Mensans. My mother and I joined years ago, and my sister joined recently. Even my stepfather, a fucking burnout, does relatively complex skilled labor that people just fuck up.

I never knew what it was like when people couldn't reasonably plan their income, when they didn't control themselves, etc. My parents are a little delusional and >mischief ous, but they are hard working people that blame themselves for their mistakes. Getting out in the world you see people are just fucking retarded, manipulative, social mandating morons that can't do basic shit. Literally when I tell people I cook my dinners they're fucking shocked, or that I can get good grades without having Asian parents beat studying into me (and personality out). It's pretty jarring when half the people around you are only in a major because they study constantly and their parents told them to do it. Three quarters, if not 90% of my classmates are copying homework from each-other, and these are people who came from backgrounds where at least one of their parents has a Bachelors, if not MS, compared to my parents who came from a shit town at the end of the "you don't need a degree to make it" generation, who have NO college education, and together break $60k on overtime.

The disconnect the normalfag retards have is astounding when it's like "oh yeah my father killed himself, my grandmother was murdered, my in-laws are shit, but my parents worked hard though" "THEN WHY DON'T THEY HAVE MONEY LIKE MINE HUE"
>>
>>24440331
I've never really been bothered by the disconnect. It's really just confusing more than anything.
>>24440478
How is that worse? I thought you were going to say something like they all look down on you for not having a PhD or something. I'd love to come from a family that wasn't full of a bunch of white trash failures.
>>
>>24440652
You just expect more, anything, from people. You always expect more from people. You think people might, you know, CARE for each other outside of whatever stupid culture they identify with, but no. Even my goddamn mother had to take the initiative to get with my stepfather, but all modern women do is sit back and wait for men to compete for them.

If I had a stupid family it'd be like "ok these people are a bunch of dumbasses, but surely there will be smart people" and you go out and find people that are as smart as you, because you're really not that smart. When you're fucking top 2%, genetically, surrounded by other highly intelligent people you can ignore the outside world because people actually care and do reasonably smart shit at home. Nothing prepared me for how fucking retarded people are, and how much they depend on being born into a good upbringing. The system is just completely stacked against intelligent people.
>>
>>24440805
Would you honestly prefer to have been born into a dumb family? I'd be willing to take culture shock over having to actually participate in the culture, any day. I just can't wrap my head around how you think you'd be in a better situation if you had a worse foundation in life.

Just think about how much you hate how stupid people are. Now imagine having to actually live among them and depend on them for important parts of your life.

Grass is always greener, I suppose.
>>
File: 1405379308447.png (530 KB, 569x702) Image search: [Google]
1405379308447.png
530 KB, 569x702
Less intelligent people actually tend to think about themselves as more intelligent than they really are. Intelligent tend to under rate their intelligence because they understand how much they do not know. You sound like you just think you're smart instead of being smart.

What is your GPA and what are you studying in college?
>>
File: Dunning-Kruger.png (22 KB, 770x464) Image search: [Google]
Dunning-Kruger.png
22 KB, 770x464
>>24441009
Dunning-Kruger shows bottom quartile people think themselves usually as average or so. But extremely skilled people do perceive themselves to be lower skilled than they actually are
>>
>>24440929
>Now imagine having to actually live among them and depend on them for important parts of your life
sounds like a doctor having to deal with clients, patients and technicians. every social/intellectual context has an increased handicap the smarter and more successful you are
>>
>>24441009
GPA isn't the same as intelligence.
I am in the GT Program for my high school (they only do it because its required). That places me at 99 percentile.

But my schoolwork is sub-par of most of my classmates simply because I don't care about things that don't interest me.

Science I have a great average, about 95-98 %

I almost failed Math.

Truly intelligent people follow the same guidelines for how they act and such.

I often even doubt I am smart at all. But then again, GT tests don't lie, do they?
>>
>>24441068
>every social/intellectual context has an increased handicap the smarter and more successful you are
Obviously.

What you really seem to not be able to grasp is the fact that when you're raised by dumb people, you're not the one who's in the helping position. Do you think a doctor would ever rely on one of his patients picked at random to take care of him instead of the other way around?
>>
>>24441241
oh i get that. ya that would be frustrating. I'm sorry. do you have any friends you can relate to if not your family?
>>
>>24441321
I only have one close friend. He's smarter than most of the idiots around us, but even he doesn't really get me a lot of the time. In fact, I'm surprised we're friends at all. He's one of those creative types with a bunch of tattoos and is really into modern art.

My family is poor, so I lived in a trailer park then a ghetto for a good chunk of my childhood until we finally made it to the white trash suburbs. There was not a single person in my life I could relate to for quite some time and I'm positive it's had terrible effects on my psyche.

It's more than just frustrating, it's damaging. I don't think I could even get along with intelligent people now that my head's so messed up. You don't know how lucky you are to grow up around people who don't function solely off their brain stem.
>>
>>24441560
I'm sure its hard and i hate to give normie advice, but you gotta branch out, meet new people, and open up to them. i know, we're on r9k, easier said than done, but nothing in life worth having is easy
>>
>tfw I feel like a retard but people call me smart and ask how I know so much
I've done an IQ test, but I don't think that's a super great way to quantify intelligence. And it was at young age, but apparently the ideal age for IQ tests. I don't know who to believe. Do I trust the people that think I'm smart, a test, or my own judgement?
>>
>>24439468
not OP, but I know I'm smarter than everyone because they gave me an IQ test when testing me for personality disorders
>>
>>24441179
GT tests are a joke anon sorry to say.
>>
>>24441009
Oh boy...

You should check out /sci/ and /lit/ those guys are into intellectual circlejerks; it literally gives you headaches from days on end.
>>
Did you actually read Schoppenhauer?
>>
>>24445089
thank you my friend
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.