[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
*sniffs* *scratch* *sniffs*
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 500x281
*sniffs*

*scratch*

*sniffs*
>>
MEIN GOTT
PURE IDEOLOGY
>>
Are you aware we are the INTERPOLATED SUBJECTHS of our own DE-ZIRE?
>>
>>24437095
IDD-EOLOGY

*snort*
*lies seductively in bed wearing nothing but underwear*
>>
>tfw you can't watch The Sound of Music with Zizek while listening to his sniffling and watching him charmingly grab his own nose over and over

why live? he wants me to suffer..
>>
File: 1423915135924.jpg (22 KB, 255x364) Image search: [Google]
1423915135924.jpg
22 KB, 255x364
And, to go even a step further, is the practice of fist-fucking not the exemplary case of what Deleuze called the "expansion of a concept?" The fist is put to a new use; the notion of penetration is expanded into the combination of the hand with sexual penetration, into the exploration of the inside of a body. No wonder Foucault, Deleuze's Other, was practicing fisting: is fist-fucking not the sexual invention of the twentieth century, a new model of eroticism and pleasure? It is no longer genitalized, but focused just on the penetration of the surface, with the role of the phallus being taken over by the hand, the autonomized partial object par excellence.
>>
>>24439196
*picture of Stalin behind him*
>>
>>24437095
Zizek is best girl
>>
>>24437095
never understood a thing he says but I think he is supposed to be smart? he's pro communism isn't he?
>>
File: žižek.jpg (43 KB, 613x451) Image search: [Google]
žižek.jpg
43 KB, 613x451
PURE IDEOLOGY *SNlFF*
>>
I hate most Communists but I have a soft spot for Zizek.
>>
>>24437095
AND SO ON AND SO ONE *flipping hands*
>>
>>24439915
He's not really notable, but very charismatic and famous in philosophy.

He's like the Elvis of philosophy. You don't want to look away. I would say Max Scheler is a big up and coming (going to be remembered for his work) philosopher if you are interested in reading some newer philosophy.

Try watching Zizek discuss movies, it's a lot of fun.
>>
File: zzzzz.gif (265 KB, 476x273) Image search: [Google]
zzzzz.gif
265 KB, 476x273
>>24440028
>he hates Communist
US government, pls go.
>>
I've heard great things about Zizek and he seems like a cool guy, but is there anything I should know/read before getting into his works? Philosophy in general seems fascinating but I've always been intimidated by the seemingly endless amount of intellectual baggage guys like Heidegger or Kant supposedly require.
>>
>>24441259
Pervert's Guide to Cinema is a good place to start with his stuff. some of the stuff is a bit tough to understand, but it's pretty simple when compared to other philosophical works
>>
>>24441259
You could just watch his videos. Almost all books are going to require you to read previous philosophers besides early ancient philiosophy.
>>
>>24437095
Slovenia represent!
Ziek's mom said "Everyone in Slovenia knew you were crazy, why did you have to prove it to the entire world?"

>tfw non-ASCII text isn't allowed
Fuck.
>>
>>24441359
>>24441393
Thanks anons. How about philosophy in general? Please don't say "start with the Greeks". I know it's true, in spite of being a meme, but I was wondering if there's an "easy way out", so to speak. I'm mostly interested in continental philosophers so if possible, I'd much rather just cut to the chase and leave Plato et al for another time.
>>
>>24441561
You could always go for a UK or Canadian high school philosophy book as a starter, as an overview of history. Go in depth with Descartes and later philosophers.
>>
>>24441608
I did study philosophy and sociology in high school, but I was hoping for something a bit more substantial. Are books like Durant's Story of Philosophy or Russell's A History of Western Philosophy good sources for beginners?
>>
>>24441757
Stay away from russel
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.