[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I approach people? I never get invited to parties and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: reflectionpepe.jpg (439 KB, 738x572) Image search: [Google]
reflectionpepe.jpg
439 KB, 738x572
How do I approach people? I never get invited to parties and I don't drink, so I can't go to a bar to make friends. These seem to be the only places where you can talk to complete strangers without provocation. The closest thing to a social event is going to class.
>see a qt girl
>you're normal-looking enough to talk to her
>you can't without looking like a weirdo because you're not in a social setting
>>
please respond fellow anons, I'm on verge of a breakthrough
>>
>>24437021
Try looking for clubs or something. Why don't you drink? Are you underage, moral problem, medical problem, what?

I ask only because going to a bar (even if you only order one or two beers) is an easy way to get to talk to people. Even if you don't give a shit about them and you never talk to them again, it's a nice exercise and practice. Helps keep you from fully sperging when it actually matters.
>>
>>24437256
Also, when I say clubs, in that instance I was talking about biking clubs or something, not the kind where you go to get trashed and fuck college-aged sluts.
>>
>>24437256
>>24437274
Drinking is shitty and my family has a history of alcoholism
>>
>>24437349
I understand, then. Where do you live, do you have neighbors in your vague age group? (Also, I'm assuming you're not in school, if you're in highschool or college then just talk to anyone outside your class or the library or whatever, and social clubs for people like you exist at almost any burger school.)
>>
>>24437256

Not OP but I have a similar problem. My body just has a really bad reaction to alcohol. Whenever I drink I just feel totally horrible the next morning, and this is only after a very little amount. My guess is that my "hangovers" are particularly bad and worse than normal and that it's not worth it.
>>
>>24437398
I'm in uni rn, but I've never talked to a stranger in the library/in between class without provocation because most people seem to be busy or surrounded by friends who would think you were being intrusive
>>
>>24437418
I have diabetes insipidus, basically means I can't get much more than "more than a little dizzy" drunk or I pass out in significant pain. I've never had a hangover because I can't drink enough to give myself one.
That sucks, though. Personally, I don't see much benefit to being much more than barely-can't-drive levels of drunk. I mean sure it's fun, but there's a point of diminishing return. It's mostly something I use to take away the fear of social interaction and allow myself to talk to people, not as an end goal to get blackout trashed (which, like I said, is essentially impossible for me and sounds like you too.)

>>24437475
Remember that unis are big, you're going to piss people off or annoy them or inspire angry YikYak posts, we all have. It's ok, and if you piss off ten people but make one vague-friend, I'd say it's worth it.
Also, group projects and study groups are your friend. Buy studygroups fast food or soda or whatever, it'll make them think you're an ok person at heart who enjoys their company even if you're too autistic to actually let them know that through your actions or words.
>>
I will tell you a tale, OP, of a supreme gentleman no longer young. His youth long wasted he devotes his time to the study of women. He reads from morn to night and oft through the morn till night again. He ponders the problem; what solution is there in a world where douchebaggery profits beautiful women and masculine virtue none at all?

Finally he sets aside the melancholy burden of sanity and conceives the strangest project ever imagined; to become a chivalrous Chad, to sally forth into the world in search of pussy, to right the wrongs of his misspent youth, to finally get the girl. To launch a crusade! No longer will he be playing the part of Anonso Virgana, but that of a dauntless Chad - Don Chadillo de las Asadas!
>>
>>24437021
Pick up a hobby there is tons of groups and meetups for local hobbies and they usually want new members to add.

Try fpv quad racing as it is full of mostly young people.
>>
>>24438132
>fpv quad racing
Was peaking in Colorado (four-wheeling up to mountaintops inb4 druggie assumptions, four-wheeling with my dad inb4 normie accusations) and saw some guys flying their quadrotor on a 13k ft. peak. It was pretty inspiring.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.