[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever stocked groceries before? How was it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: BADSANTA_2747800b.jpg (52 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
BADSANTA_2747800b.jpg
52 KB, 620x387
Anyone ever stocked groceries before?
How was it?
>>
Pretty boring

captcha:1488
>>
Reporting in

Its not all bad honestly

Its a great robot job. I met a few cool people and everybody are wierdos so it keeps it interesting. The customers will ask you were things are but its pretty easy. In the beginning if you don't know where anything is just say your new and to ask the other worker in the next isle or go walk the customer to the worker.

I would go for it op. Bonus points if its 3rd shift.
>>
I stock groceries overnight.

It's not bad, I don't have to talk to anyone my entire shift. My only problem is that the shifts are long because I work in a huge store and if I ever wanted to I probably couldn't have much of a relationship with the other employees.
>>
>>24437172
This is the busiest week they said so they gave me a lot of hours. My only complaint is that some days i work early at 3 am and other days i work during the afternoon. so idk how i'm going to have a sleep schedule. still happy to find a job because i need the money.
>>
Boring as fuck, easy but boring.

If you're gonna have to wageslave its probably better than other options though.

Fecking wageslaves, when will they learn?
>>
>>24437276
>>24437242
>>24437172
where? walmart, publix, kroger, buschs, giant eagle, ingles?
>>
>>24437294
>>24437276 - me

It was at a store called Heinens senpai, only in Cleveland and Chicago.

And it wasn't during the night, only during open hours.
>>
>>24437294
I'm a Britbong so the store I work in is the one owned by walmart. They're probably pretty similar.

The other anons got it right. It can be pretty boring at times but at least if you're working overnight you get paid a good amount.
>>
It's pretty boring/easy.
But it can be stressful if you're halfway decent at your job and your coworkers are idiots (very likely).
>>
>>24437172
A store called Meijer

Worked both general merchandise and grocery 3rd shift. General merchandise was very easy, you could move and walk around a bit more then grocery
>>
>>24436970
I did it once in between summers in college. It wasn't bad honestly, I just hated not getting enough sleep.
>>
>>24437691
I love Meijer, but I moved to the south. I miss it.
>>
>>24437691
A Meijer bro! I've been working grocery for 2 years while going to school. What state are you in?
>>
>>24436970
Grocery store jobs are pretty good, if you don't mind the mediocre pay. Working Grocery, Dairy, Frozen, etc. is pretty easy. All you do is get told what to stock and then you do it. Only negatives it that you will have to deal with dumbshit customers that are too stupid to look for something themselves so they ask you, as well as hours that fluctuate (at least in my experience.)
>>
>>24437781
Nice I'm in Ohio. I liked working there, Ive been thinking about reapplying
>>
>>24436970
Depends on the manager and the hours.

My first stocking job, I worked days with a manager that took his job way too seriously. This was torture. Boss on our ass constantly, bitching about how these minimum wage kids didn't know what they were doing, and customers bugging you. Thankfully, I got fired in a week.

Later, I got an overnight/mornings stocking job. This was better, as 90% of the time I was working alone. Unfortunately, the hours fluctuated and couldn't do school with it, so only lasted one summer.
>>
Anyone tried aggriculture before?

Was close to getting sucked in but then they told me there was no overtime, instead they pay you commision on how fast you pluck fruit and shit.

Don't know how people put up with that shit.
>>
File: 1442581237867.png (30 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1442581237867.png
30 KB, 633x758
Depends on where you work and your shift.
I work nights at a small wal-mart neighborhood market. Everybody there is there to avoid customers, so while I'm not certain you'll fit in, it will be easier than days, especially if the store has a closing time and isn't 24 hours. It's easy and counts as exercise, but your sleep will likely be fucked.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.