[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one "take a joke"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: feelsbadman.png (112 KB, 354x363) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.png
112 KB, 354x363
How does one "take a joke"?
>>
in the ass, I would think?
>>
>>24432037
l-l-le-lewd
>>
You're supposed to laugh so you pretend you weren't pissed off, anon. It's socially unacceptable to express your distaste for being the butt of a joke, but not being the target of low-key public humiliation.
>>
File: 0vzodsu.jpg (84 KB, 750x721) Image search: [Google]
0vzodsu.jpg
84 KB, 750x721
Make sure you laugh it off
>>
Disregard the expectations that you should acknowledge it in a manner determined by social convention. If you want to shrug or move not a muscle or say 'that was shit and you're a malicious person', do this.

I'm only just realizing this. Integrity is worth any potential social inconveniences. Otherwise a time may come that you'll find people saying about you, 'oh, he used to take jokes more easily, he used to be more playful, he has changed', and you'll regret having no way to prove that you hated them from the beginning.
>>
Laugh a little with the rest of people and then once you're about to finish, laugh louder as if you can't contain the funnys anymore. After that throw a seemingly good-natured "Fuck you, douche" back while still smiling.

Source: I watch. I wait.
>>
File: 250px-357Tropius.png (73 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-357Tropius.png
73 KB, 250x250
>>24431962

OP, one thing that helped me was to stop framing everything internally as being some deep attack against me.

people just fuck with each other sometimes. It's how they prove to each other that they are good friends, because they can withstand that.

don't automatically assume that the joke was played on you to target you, or make you look bad, or attack your identity, or try to tear you down in some way. People are trying to relate to you and some people just have tougher senses of humor than others.
>>
>>24433588
>>24433646
what if you're always the butt of the joke?
>>
>>24433819
It depends on how good friends you are with them. Are they just acquaintances you don't really like, or legit friends you actually enjoy hanging out with
>>
Stop being such a autist.
>>
>>24434019
everyone I've ever met in my life is like this after a while
>>
>>24431962
How can you not take a joke when you browse 4chan? Everyday there should be someone calling you a faggot etc.

You take a joke by being desensitized and laughing at yourself and then jabbing back with one of your own. Sometimes it can actually be funny and you just say "fuck you" like a normal person in a joking tone.
>>
File: 1447794854020.jpg (36 KB, 586x330) Image search: [Google]
1447794854020.jpg
36 KB, 586x330
Find some people who have some respect for you opie... When people start going 'haha take a joke' when you complain its because they want to use you as their verbal punching bag but don't want to upset you so much that they'd have to find someone new to bully. So they just keep you hanging on emotional life-support.

Source: interacted with normies, they are all scummy
>>
>>24434085
I take 4chan comments seriously

doesnt everyone?
>>
>>24433646
That picture triggered me so fucking much
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.