[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who un-diagnosed here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: 0035 - vkRsjGU.jpg (17 KB, 364x350) Image search: [Google]
0035 - vkRsjGU.jpg
17 KB, 364x350
You feel like you have some mental problem but don't want to get checked?
>>
I have had people call me many things and question my mental state. It just made me uncomfortable. Maybe they are right.
>>
>>24431803
Un-diagnosed Asperger's/Autism, depression, social anxiety, and possibly bi-polar.
>>
Been diagnosed but stopped medication & seeing psychologists. I only go when family makes me for acting out.

>Got black out drunk & threatened sister's bf with explosives
>>
I think I might have schizophrenia
>>
>>24431803
>tfw vocal people with self-diagnosed aspergers make me scared to get checked for mental problems

I don't want to suggest the idea that I have a social disorder myself because I don't want to be associated with those fucks.
>>
>>24431803
I could probably get a diagnosis for depression; but, I really don't want to talk to a shrink.
>>
>>24431803
Yes, but I managed to keep it under check. I've managed to be so cringy and made so many mistakes since I was a child I know what's right and wrong to do now.
>>
>literally fit the description of a specific mental disorder to the T, 100%
>post about it online
>get told I'm a self diagnosing faggot who doesn't really have anything

Why do people like this exist? How the hell can I literally match 100% of 30+ signs/symptoms of a specific mental disorder and just be making it up?

Like I've literally gone over dozens of different mental disorders and while I had 50% or so symptoms with a lot
of them I didn't classify myself as having those because I didn't match enough. Then I came across one of them that literally shocked the shit out of me because of how literally ALL of the signs and symptoms fit me 100%.

Now I'm just too scared to go do anything about it because that means I have to literally accept I'm fucked and I just don't want to do that, I don't want to give up.
>>
>>24432107
What mental disorder?
>inb4 psychopath
>>
>>24432134
Whoa! How did you know?
>>
>>24432146
Because I could sense the edge from your original post
>>
>>24432134
Nah

AvPD.

I've lived with all 100% of AvPD symptoms my entire life, nearly 30 now. Funny part about this is with AvPD I never want to discuss it or go look for help because I am AvPD. I also have asthma since birth and I haven't gone to the doctors for a check up for my asthma since I was 16 or so and that was only because my parents forced me to go. Ever since I started making my own decisions my AvPD kicked in full force and I haven't gone to the doctor in 14
Years.
>>
>>24432107
Because you can't judge yourself like that, even more so if you're mentally unstable. Cognitive biases and shit like that makes it very hard to diagnose yourself, even though you may feel like a certain disorder fits you perfectly.
>>
>>24432276
But I don't have any of the "sexy" meme mental disorders. I have AVPD, literally the most autistic and embarrassing one to have. It serves no purpose to me, it doesn't make me look edgy, it doesn't make people think I'm cool. It makes me look like a total autist.

I wish I had one of the meme mental disorders like ruthless businessmen or power hungry politicians do so then I'd actually be doing something with me life instead of trying to avoid everything and everyone.
>>
>>24431803
Whats the point of a diagnosis? I feel like its just so the normies can keep me on a list
>>
>go to the doctor because struggling with symptoms of anxiety and depression
>ok come back in two weeks

>go back in two weeks
>say nothings changed
>she asks if I've had any thoughts of self-harm recently
>no
>get handed a prescription for prozac and told to come back in a week

am I officially diagnosed now? is that it?
>>
I probably have depression, heavy social anxiety and maybe even schizophrenia, but I'm not gonna get diagnosed because I want to enter the military tho
>>
File: 1446258041243.jpg (83 KB, 835x1024) Image search: [Google]
1446258041243.jpg
83 KB, 835x1024
Been at psychiatric hospital due to suicide attempt after drinking too much and diagnosed sane, father took me to psychologist to help me with alcohol, she tells my father i should go to psychiatrist.

They wont tell you anything i think. They are not any artists, just craftsmen. Only a psychopath cold be able to have described psychopathy. Self - diagnosis = best diagnosis
>>
un-diagnosed paranoid disorder
>>
I almost very certainly have biploar disorder.

>be 12
>very sad, unnaturally so, all the time
>"Mom, dad, I think I might have depression"
>"You don't have depression, anon."

When I finally got them to get me to see someone, they sent me to a religious counselor.

>"If you're depressed, it's probably because you're masturbating. You should read the bible instead."

Actual quote.

The patterns of mania and depression are real and measurable if I remember back. Long months of misery and depression, then months of confidence, creativity, and happiness.

Now I'm living alone, and don't have money for a doctor or any pills. Guess I'll just ride it out.
>>
I sure as fuck have a mood disorder and also a personality disorder, probably good ol' depression plus schizoid personality. I have noticed that my behavior is really restricted in some ways and also that I have tics, maybe a doctor would throw some OCD in there too.

Not like I'll take any meds other than my holy st john's wort though. Also not like I'd be willing to pay for a stupid therapist to listen to me complaining about everything. So fuck it.
>>
>>24431803
I am sure that I have hypochondria, I most likely have OCD, I might be an alcoholic even tho I do not drink at daily basis I feel only happy when drinking... also I have issues with social interaction but who on this board does not.
>>
who here diagnosed with some bullshit but you dont know what youre even supposed to do about it
>>
>>24432383
Thing is, you might actually have mild aspergers or "just" social anxiety disorder, for example. Pretty much all the symptoms of AvPD is also prevalent with many aspies and it's almost the same as SAD. You can assume that you have AvPD, but it might be something else. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that there's a possibility you are. Not that any of it matters if you don't seek help though.
>>
>>24432383
Why do you favor AVPD over social anxiety?
>>
Don't trust those nasty "psychologists." They'd probably snitch on me or make me do something like get committed. They can get KEK'D.
>>
Diagnosed with various shit here, none of which I have.
>>
>>24432566
>months of confidence, creativity, and happiness
mania only lasts a week though

being able to experience two different moods doesn't make you bipolar
>>
well, i have aspergers.
but i'm also pretty sure i'm bi-polar and have anaemia. getting a doctor's checkup next week.
>>
>>24431803
I'm 100% certain I have major depressive disorder, but I have no insurance and I can't afford shit as I have no income and my family is too poor.
>>
I'm sure I've got anxiety, severe depression and derealization disorder. Everyone else is sure I've got autism.
>>
>>24432730
What makes you think it's major?
>>
File: gondola suicide.png (67 KB, 1426x898) Image search: [Google]
gondola suicide.png
67 KB, 1426x898
I was told I was schizophrenic when I was 16,turned out I wasnt but I had schizotypical personality disorder.
I have OCD and depression.
I'm thinking I have bipolar disorder although I dont know. I see a number of different mood patterns throughout the day.
>>
>>24432648
undiagnosed paranoid disorder, then
>>
>>24432783
Because I want to die every single night and I barely have enough motivation to get out of bed, let alone eat/drink/take proper care of myself.
>>
>>24432787
bipolar moods don't change in a matter of hours, that's borderline pd at most

most likely you are just a human being
>>
>>24432934
>most likely you are just a human being
dun dun dun dun dun dun dun
>>
File: 1448130993660.gif (134 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1448130993660.gif
134 KB, 340x340
>>24432891
Good you fucking tripfag
>>
File: cgondola.png (864 KB, 750x603) Image search: [Google]
cgondola.png
864 KB, 750x603
>>24432934
I should mention everyday I think about ending my life and thinking of ways to do it.
I got up this morning and got dressed,sat on my bed for 3 hours and cried for about 2 hours.

I just dont get it.
>>
>>24432891
I'm really sorry you don't have access to free mental healthcare. I can't really help you, but I want you to know that it CAN get better, keep that in mind. What helped for me was taking tiny steps in the tempo you can muster, and feel good about it no matter how insignificant they may seem. Start by taking a shower when you can find the energy to, and enjoy the hot water. Then when you're ready, you can try taking a walk around the block. It might sound super cliche, but celebrating the small victories makes a whole lot of difference. Best of luck! If you need to talk to someone, I'm here.
>>
>>24432680

I'd like a source on that, because all the things I've read have said that manic episodes can last any amount of time, and are not always "extreme". Some can be characterized by just not being depressed. Like most mental disorders, bi-polar disorder is a spectrum.
>>
I'm not sure. Sometimes I wonder if I have depression and I'm not aware of it.

>extremely difficult to find interest in people/activities
>constantly bored
>low energy despite getting enough sleep/exercising
>extremely irritable
>only two moods I have are angry or neutral

I don't even feel sad or anything. Maybe I'm just a naturally bitter person.
>>
I've been diagnosed with Aspergers(and the comorbid anxiety/depression) and more recently PTSD. I strongly suspect I have ADHD now that my depression is managed but I think I need to get my anxiety and PTSD under control before I can try and get diagnosed since my inattention/distractability is written off as PTSD disassociation.
>>
>>24433020
when you are depressed you don't necessarily stay depressed every waking minute, souce I have been depressed maybe 60% of the time for the past 4 years

>>24433051
well if mania = not being depressed then what's the point of even giving it a name? take a look at the DSM, I'm bretty sure you can't go for months manic
>>
getting checked was the worst decision of my life
>>
File: 9QzkAr7.png (208 KB, 336x355) Image search: [Google]
9QzkAr7.png
208 KB, 336x355
I literally started hearing voices a months ago but very infrequently, but for the last few days i have been hearing random bits of shit talking about me like 3, 4 time a day. before all that though id been having very very minor panics in public, like the other day i was on the bus home and started getting chest pains and getting heavy fight or flight. I can't goto the doctor because im 100% sure he will say i am lying because i am currently getting "job seekers allowence" basically you look for work and the government pay you 60 a week. Not just that but i really don't want to go there because my dad has schizophrenia and so does my brother, and they always say im the normal one so idk i think they might think im lying too.

fuck sakes guys
>>
>>24433051

Perhaps its not bi-polar disorder then, but that seems to be the most accurate thing to describe what is happening to me.

Long periods of time, sometimes months, but not always, of intense self hatred and suicidal thoughts. The world is grey and I am emotionless and unmotivated. Then, seemingly like a switch, I'm just not anymore. I can be my normal, funny, creative self again. Sometimes the transitions coincide with strong emotional stimulus, some do not.

I was thinking to myself, "How can I one moment have such a strong desire to kill myself, and then the next be totally adamant against the idea and love life?"

I am not a psychologist. All I know is what I've read on the internet.
>>
I get extremely depressed sometimes and I think about suicide nearly every day. Its been really bad this past year. I'm hesitant to go on antidepressants because I know I can fix it if I keep trying. I have already accepted the fact that I'm going to kill myself in the next few years if I cant turn things around.

Right now I'm taking suboxone because it gets me high for a day and I get to be happy for a while. I have 2 weeks worth then I'm going to feel shitty and hopefully I find some other drug to take.
>>
>>24433167
>I literally started hearing voices a months ago but very infrequently, but for the last few days i have been hearing random bits of shit talking about me like 3, 4 time a day.
>my dad has schizophrenia and so does my brother

Anon, I have news for you...
>>
>>24432440

Kek, I went to the uni help place for similar reasons. Honestly was a huge waste of time, sounded like she was regurgitating wiki help to me while subtly judging me. Telling me obvious shit. Said to come back in 3 weeks. Didn't

Realising that no one can help me is a relief desu.
>>
>>24433167
Please seek help anon, the earlier the better. If the doctor is just half decent, he will believe you.
>>
>>24432566
>months of confidence, creativity, and happiness
Might just be hypomania. Real mania is not pretty

My mania lasted for over a month, during that time I thought I was the second coming of Jesus (even though im an atheist), that the internet had become sentient and was speaking to me, began have auditory hallucinations of screaming, growling and distant laughter to the point I thought demons were coming to claim my soul. I slept once every 5 or 6 days.

You're probably not bipolar
>>
>>24433202
>>24433235
i can't go the doctors guys
>>
>>24433293
You can and you should because it sounds like you're a schizo.

Or suffer. Your choice.
>>
>>24432965
I just want someone to remember some aspect of me after I'm gone. Even if I'm hated by strangers for it.
I just want to know someone cares enough to keep my in their mind at all.
>>
How do you go about seeing a psychiatrist? I'm pretty sure I have crippling social anxiety and it's clearly preventing from doing anything with my life and I hate myself for it. I haven't gone to see my gp in years. What do I say should I force myself to go? Do I just say I think I have social anxiety or what? I think too much.
>>
>>24433395
Yes, start off by saying that. Doctors know how hard it can be, so he will probably guide you through explaining how you feel. He will probably refer you to someone who can help you better than he can. You just need to convince yourself getting help is worth it and trust me, it is. Good luck anon!
>>
>>24433167

I had similar, panick attacks and hearing shit talking against me, even though I didnt hear voices out of nowhere, it was more like random sounds like cars driving by, construction sound etc. turned into insults, thats the best way I can explain. Now I think it wasnt some kind of schizophrenia, I think it was severe anxiety that made me question every sound and every voice to be targeted against me because I was so afraid of insults and shittalking.

I have been to psychiatrists, psychiatry(for almost half a year) taking meds etc. In the end they meds gave me so many side effects and such severe I couldnt take them any longer(brain fog, depersonalisation, headaches, movement impairments)

Now without meds I dont hear any voices so I guess its okay. It might be even out of shock how shitty the meds are that I have gotten better, if that makes any sense.
>>
>>24433222
it just feels like they think I'm just another druggo who's trying to get something rather than someone who has a genuine issue

or that rather than look into my issue further and give me an official disorder diagnosis they just shove the typical anti-depressant in my face as if that's all I was speaking to them for
>>
Has Any one here gone to get help, but only get treated like shit, and not get a diagnosis? I most likely have bipolar 1 with a bad anxiety disorder or worse schizoid, but when I went to both my GP and psychiatrist they both didn't care at all and refused to diagnose me with anything and just pushed different ssri s and antipsychotics.
>>
>>24433631
change your gp and get a different referral to another psych
>>
>>24433631
sounds like my situation. the first time I went to a gp they told me I was lacking vitamin D and put me on that. when it didn't help they just shrugged and wrote some more off for me, so I switched doctors
this one welcomed the idea that it was a mental illness, then in our second meeting shoved a prescription for an ssri in my face and told me to come back in a while

i cant take this any more
>>
It's unlikely that I don't have some kind of disorder but I wouldn't want to sit and talk to someone about my life that much.
>>
>>24433852
It's difficult because literally all the doctors in my area have waiting lists for new patients over 6 months. I've just kinda given up, and am now riding this terrible wave of depression.
>>
>>24433884
I don't blame you. I've just stopped taking meds and stopped looking for help. No one is really helping me, especially not my family. I dont think they care anymore.
>>
>>24431803
I may be a sociopath , but it doesn't matter , i'm fine with myself , no reason to see a psychiatrist
>>
>>24431803
>diagnosed
social anxiety, severe depression

>undiagnosed
ADHD

anyone with ADHD here? what are your symptoms?
>>
File: 1440946979445.jpg (927 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1440946979445.jpg
927 KB, 2000x2000
>>24434775
I think i have ADHD but i'm not diagnosed.
In any situation i can end up disconected from reallity and be lost in my thoughts
>>
I have advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.