[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have my first job interview for my first job tomorrow. Please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 3OnmcdA.jpg (45 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
3OnmcdA.jpg
45 KB, 709x765
So I have my first job interview for my first job tomorrow.
Please help. What the fuck do i do.
I applied to be a floor person stocking shelves in a supermarket. I have no working experience. All I can say is that I was a part of a team at school.

I don't have a printer and I don't have my most recent resume printed out.
Did you guys being resumes in to Your supermarket interviews??
>>
>>24430257
try to explain exactly why you would be a good supermarket shelve stocker
>>
>>24430257

You don't need a resume for that kind of job. You just fill out an application.

Talk about (or make up a story about) some times where you were good at following detailed directions.

Show up 10-15 min early. Wear some good clothes.

If they don't hire you find the spaghetti aisle and dump it on the floor.... dinosaur.
>>
>>24430336
I used to lift 120 pound robots on and off playing fields
I've done filework for teachers before
You have to be very organized to do electrical work. Sound convincing?

>>24430374
I hope my experience on a team convinces them, its all I have.

Thanks friends.
>>
Make a linkedin profile. When you show up to the interview just ask them to link with you and they'll be super impressed.
>>
>>24430257
>Let them know that you're reliable [like you went to your school on time, got assignments in on time], that you work hard, and you are trustworthy and responsible and you will be OK.
>>
>>24430257

only the dean can know peace from this evil.jpg
>>
>>24430751
This sounds a bit much even tho I am endorsed for a quite a bit
>>
>>24430257
Tell them you're not a drug addict or alcoholic and that you get there on time and if you need a day off you'll ask for it well in advance.

That's more than they can expect from 90% of other people applying for a position like that, so they'll probably hire you.
>>
>>24430257
i think all they're looking for is if you can read and write and not shout at normies like a sperglord while you're stocking ketchup bottles
>>
Some good tips in this thread already.

One thing I will point out that is EXTREMELY helpful is the answer to the age-old question:

>what is your biggest weakness?

Some chucklekeks will advise you say some dogshit like "oh I'm a perfectionist blah blah blah it really gets in the way sometimes blah blah blah". intothetrashitgoes.gif.

What you actually want to say is the TRUTH, or something close to it. You want to tell them an actual weakness, but then go on to say that you've worked on it for a long time and have made improvements. This, for one, shows that you are honest, and two, that you are capable of self improvement. The one I always went with was, "I have a lot of trouble asking people for help with things I don't know, but it's something that I've worked on for a long time, and I've gotten a lot better at it over the years."

Some other tips:

>look him/her in the eyes
>firm handshake
>be tall/attractive if you can
>>
>>24431286
Nice tip about the weakness thing but I don't have any visible weakness or one I'm aware of. I could say I'm weak at everything.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.