[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this movie teach us that all robots get rewarded in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 200px-Taxi_Driver_poster.jpg (18 KB, 200x281) Image search: [Google]
200px-Taxi_Driver_poster.jpg
18 KB, 200x281
Does this movie teach us that all robots get rewarded in the end, no matter what they do?
Are there any other movies about robots?
Should we make a movie accurately depicting robots?
>>
>>24428723

there are no movies about robots, we've forgotten how to dream.
>>
>>24428745
Can you explain what you mean by that second part?
>>
>get rewarded in the end
I highly suggest you watch it with the laserdisc commentary
>>
>>24428788
nigga, where would I find that to pirate?
>>
>>24428723
what was his reward? I mean nothing changed in the end. he saved iris, washed some scum off the streets but that is all.
>>
>>24428823
from what I saw
he didn't kill himself, he didn't get shot by the police, he was branded a hero (where under normal circumstances he would be jailed) and he saved iris as well as meeting Betsey again
These are a lot of good things happening to a person who just committed a shooting
>>
>>24428911
At the very end of the movie he sees himself in the mirror and turns it away. It's implied that the entire process of the movie is just going to start over again with the possibility of him shooting someone good this time.
>>
>>24428911
He's still a nervous trainwreck though.
>>
>>24428983
oh shit
never thought about it that way before
thanks for that, anon
>>
>>24428911
back in 70s he would not be jailed. those people were classified as lowlife. that thing with betsy was just robot meeting his crush imho.
also this >>24428983 I completly agree
>>
>>24428983

It's also worth noting that just ten or so minutes earlier into the movie, he tries to kill a presidential candidate because the woman who rejected him worked on his campaign.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.