[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm starting to here voices, but only in my own house.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: schizophrenia.jpg (1 MB, 941x935) Image search: [Google]
schizophrenia.jpg
1 MB, 941x935
I'm starting to here voices, but only in my own house.

It's these quiet disembodied voices saying things like: sorry, hello, or excuse me.

I would be concerned for my mental health but here's the thing. The house I live in has a long history of hauntings though, the landlord has told me people have seen apparitions there, but since I don't believe in that I ignored it.

Now I don't know what to think. Still worth seeing a psychiatrist, these voices are too often to ignore.
>>
Nah m8 your house is just haunted.

Or ask someone else to stay with you and see if they hear the voices as well.
>>
>>24428651
I like that your voices are polite
>>
>>24428781
Do you hear voices? Do you have other signs of schizophrenia?
>>
>>24428895
No, its just that people who have schizophrenia usually hear bad and yelling voices.
>>
>>24429067
I'm too lazy to dig up the link, but there was this study comparing the voices heard between american schizophrenics and indian schizophrenics. the americans' voices were almost all bad and harsh while the indians' voices were usually seen as magical or benevolent or something. i don't exactly remember the explanation they gave, had something to do with their culture and how they view everything as being one or some shit.
>>
>>24429276
This is pretty interesting
I don't hear voices per se but I definitely get perceptions that don't feel like they're coming from me
When I view them as threatening or intrusive, they become intrusive and threatening
When I view them as insightful and meaningful, they feel insightful and meaningful

It's probably just my brain talking to itself without recognizing itself, but still, if they really are from entities, why would they bother being polite to you if you're not polite to them? If they know you're easy to heckle, why wouldn't they heckle you?
>>
>>24429339
I think this was it if you're interested

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2014/july/voices-culture-luhrmann-071614.html
>>
>>24429276
Ancient religious leaders & prophets were probably just schizophrenics
>>
>>24429339
go see a doctor, anon. please. you're schizophrenic. that's okay. ghosts don't exist. i've seen firsthand what what the devolution of this disease can do to a person. i really hope it doesn't happen to you. good luck.
>>
>>24429454
this is really sad to think about for some reason.
>>
Run background noise anytime the voices get too out of hand. A TV or youtube videos give you something to focus on. It helps me desu.
>>
You should just do a quick check to see if you have other symptoms of schizophrenia, because it's much, much more than just hearing voices. If literally the only thing going on is that you sometimes hear voices, that's not the full schizophrenia experience at all.

My advice other than exploring the mental illness angle would be to get a carbon monoxide detector. In the past, sometimes when a house has gained a reputation as "haunted", it's because of a faulty heating system or something releasing carbon monoxide and causing the residents to hallucinate.
>>
>>24429501
That or they were all tripping nutsack.
>>
Do they ever whisper "u r an faggit"?
>>
>haunted house
Do people still believe this shit?
We're the only inhabitants of earth, there's no spirits or souls or whatever. Supernatural stuff are often a fiction of the human mind.
Go to a fucking doctor.
>>
>>24429630
>We're the only inhabitants if earth
how do u explain dogs then
>>
>>24429454
I'd say there's a 100% chance they were all either schizophrenics or sociopaths. Sociopaths lie, and schizophrenics hallucinations frequently involve them being very important and special (son of God or something). I'm pretty sure that multiple times per year schizophrenics in mental hospitals claim to be the reincarnation of Jesus. I read an article somewhere about how they put three of them together, and they all came to the same conclusion that the other two were lying and they were the true Jesus
>>
>>24429669
Yeah I mean besides animals and plants and other forms of normal life that we witness everyday. Not >spooky_dootdoot.jpg stuff as op claims.
>>
>>24429630
Nah senpai.

Work as a nightguars for a civil war battleground. Then tell me ghosts don't exist.
>>
>>24429630
*tips fedora
I'm seriousness I don't believe in ghosts but I am a spirutal person.
Many famous intellectuals have been adament about the existence of a soul.
>>
>>24429676
My stepbrother is schizoaffective and he sometimes becomes convinced that he's some kind of holy figure. He's also spent years wandering around Mexico and Spain looking for the reincarnation of the Virgin Mary. He also wants to be a pop star, so mixing that in just makes it even weirder.
>>
My voices are sometimes nice but they mess with me alot, they are spirits OP. new gift
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.